ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

Hi everyone - I found this thread after watching "Confluence" for free on Amazon Prime. It was really well done.

Kline, I grew up spending summers in Orofino in the 70's and 80's. My dad lived there until about 1990 or so. Then he moved to North Carolina. His initials are not LV, lol, kinda freaked me out. Anyway, I'm not from that part of the country but am very familiar with Lewiston and Moscow as we went to those places a lot.

It's a very intriguing story and I'm looking forward to digging into it. I'll be back to discuss more once I've sleuthed some.

Hi everyone - I found this thread after watching "Confluence" for free on Amazon Prime. It was really well done.

Kline, I grew up spending summers in Orofino in the 70's and 80's. My dad lived there until about 1990 or so. Then he moved to North Carolina. His initials are not LV, lol, kinda freaked me out. Anyway, I'm not from that part of the country but am very familiar with Lewiston and Moscow as we went to those places a lot.

It's a very intriguing story and I'm looking forward to digging into it. I'll be back to discuss more once I've sleuthed some.

Welcome to the spooky club Maxine2U. It's new years day, lets all hope this is the year LV's luck runs out.

Does anybody think it's possible the unknown male body found buried in the Lewiston cemetery could really be Steve Pearsall? And they made a mistake in identifying him? I wonder if they ever did DNA on him? It's an amazing coincidence that someone clandestinely buried a middle age male body at the same time Steve disappeared. It's just a thought. It's crazy that his body hasn't been found after all these years. I still think Lewiston PD should arrest LV and tell him they found Steve Pearsall and that if he doesn't confess the state will pursue the death penalty. Maybe he'll fall for it and finally confess. I feel if they don't start going on the attack in this case nothing's ever going to happen. Hey Lewiston PD- If you're reading this, remember it's better to fail trying than to never even try. Try prosecuting the cases one at a time, that way you have multiple shots at a conviction- and it only takes one. If I was a family member of one of his victims I'd be furious over this situation. ***P.S Lance- I'm sure you read these crime websites to see what people say about you- why don't you log on and talk to us like you did a few years back on the Civic Theater Topix page? We miss you posing as a "family friend" and writing delusional posts about how "your friend" is innocent and is being framed etc..

Cracking Civic Theatre Cold Case Consumes the Valley
“This case has always entrenched this valley," said Lewiston police Lt. Budd Hurd.

(...)

But overall, the goal isn't only getting justice, but answers. "If they're able to get any breakthrough in their case I'm hoping there may be a domino effect and bring some resolution to my case here in Asotin County," Det. Nichols said. "You never know what's going to click and trip a case so It could be one person that could say, hey you know what, I remember this happened and I never told anyone,” Lt. Hurd said, “I think we all would like to find come closure to this."

Ive often wondered that.Its hard to tell how much weight to give whatever process they used to eliminate Pearsall.
There is coincidence but this does push it considerably.
I would be amazed if LV didnt have something to do with that free lance internment whether its Pearsall or not.

Hi!sorry for the belated reply! I dont get to the computer much these days.
I was born here but ive kind of spent most of my life bouncing back and forth between here and Montana.
I started coming back down to spend summers with my Father in 1973,which is when I truly started to love this area.
Glad you found this thread.Things are moving again with this case on a couple of fronts.
Im starting to feel that things arent over by a long shot.
It might not be a bad idea to google this case for updates from time to time.

Kline, please come back! I miss you in this thread and the one on Lonnie.

Kline, please come back! I miss you in this thread and the one on Lonnie.
I miss talking to you too!
Im taking steps to fix my internet access situation and I do plan on being more active, this is one site I have missed very much.

I miss talking to you too!
Im taking steps to fix my internet access situation and I do plan on being more active, this is one site I have missed very much.

Fascinating case.
Thanks for the renewed energy to share what you can. The local knowledge of the area is very helpful.

I just found this thread for the first time and read from the beginning some. I still need to go through the rest but it is an amazing case, somewhat spooky, and sad too.

Right now what I am wondering a lot about is SP's car.

The link below says he left it at his friend's apartment. And then got a ride to the Lewiston center. Same night the girls disappeared and he is never seen or heard from again. So a few important questions come up about that car.

Why did he leave his car at the friend's apartment and not his own apartment?
Why did he need to get a ride to the Lewiston Civic Center when he had a car?
Was it not running? But then why leave it at friends house and not his own?
And after his disappearance then what became of the car?
Did anyone drive it after that?
Did the same person that gave him a lift to the civic center end up getting his car after he disappeared?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pearsall_steven.html

Probably nothing but that needs vetted for me to fully understand all about his car situation. Im not sure after all these years I will be able to get any of those questions answered.

The POI for these murders is now living in CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA>

Interesting.

Just wondering about if North Carolina is any close to Virginia and the timing of his move there.
I wonder if the timing of his move to the area coincides with any of the killings of what they called the Colonial Parkway killings. I dont think those were ever fully solved.

LE feels they had a strong POI in the Lewistown murders. The Lewistown murderer was not going to stop killing until caught I am afraid. I sure hope LE has kept a close eye on him wherever he ended up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_Parkway_Killer

The colonial parkway killing's is not the POI's MO, in my opinion.

The colonial parkway killing's is not the POI's MO, in my opinion.

Agreed. Plus whoever was behind the Parkway Murders HAD to be local. Like, lifelong, born and raised in that particular part of Virginia.

Plus the signature of the Parkway murders doesn't match the Lewiston Civic Theatre killer's. The latter was an almost textbook necrophile. Murder was just a means to an end for that guy. The Parkway killer (assuming it was only one man) liked his victims alive and terrified and was motivated by a deep, deep rage that would have surfaced in other arenas of his life. There would be some spillover. Not so with the Lewiston killer.

Agreed. Plus whoever was behind the Parkway Murders HAD to be local. Like, lifelong, born and raised in that particular part of Virginia.

Plus the signature of the Parkway murders doesn't match the Lewiston Civic Theatre killer's. The latter was an almost textbook necrophile. Murder was just a means to an end for that guy. The Parkway killer (assuming it was only one man) liked his victims alive and terrified and was motivated by a deep, deep rage that would have surfaced in other arenas of his life. There would be some spillover. Not so with the Lewiston killer.

Thanks for opinion on this. Those colonial parkway murders have always bothered me that nobody has been caught yet in those. I hope someday that the colonial parkway killer and this Lewiston killer can be brought to justice.

This Lewiston case seems solvable and with current DNA technology I think LE needs to be aggressive in looking at it again. Their POI seems like a strong possibility. Very strong.

What they need to do is scope out eateries where he dines, have undercover cops there and get DNA from his cutlery or what not.

Zodiac? He was in California never more than a hour and a half driving time from the confirmed Zodiac killings. He moved from California in 74. Zodiac quoted musicals, Voss was in the theater and would have knowledge of musicals. Zodiac murders seemed to have no sexual motive, but as the Zodiac himself stated, he wanted to hunt people because they are the most dangerous animals. Voss has made statements confirming his interest in hunting and belief that there are too many people. Zodiac changed up M.O. I'm not sure of the timing, but Voss worked as a postal worker, meanwhile the last communication thought to be from Zodiac was a Christmas card which stated "Cant guess who I am, well look inside and find out". Inside was a xerox copy of two USPS keys. He was in CA during that time, knows musicals, likes hunting, and has been known to possibly be a serial killer, that has to narrow the suspect pool. Any thoughts or additional information?

If you have ever been to the region you would understand why the bodies haven't turned up. Most of the land is undeveloped rangeland with lots of public land with plenty of dirt roads that get very little use. In addition, many roads follow the edge of deep ravines where a body might roll a great distance and no one would likely go to where the bodies ended up. The two girls were from the road onto a fairly steep slope with no real effort to conceal them. It really matter if they were found. Steve Pearsall, on the other hand, did matter. As long as his body doesn't turn up, the "Pearsall did it" defense would stymy any prosecution effort.

Where Kristina Nelson & Brandi Miller were found is a route Voss might have taken driving for Frito Lay or Music City. This would have given him the chance to revisit the bodies. Steven Pearsall's body not being found has hampered prosecution because there would be doubt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back