Texas addresses

They are NOT very rare. Just go through this and 100 other forums. I misspelled the name of this forum on google and found a child *advertiser censored* swap site( which I promptly reported). I was in federal law enforcement and it is VERY common. It's not on the news because the stuff being investigated is under wraps for YEARS so its old news by the time it goes to trial. Do a search on how many people go missing every day. Do one on kidnapping. It's a very scary world out there. The media rather sell stories about celebrities. It pays better. Look what happens in other countries. Tourists get raped for 6 hours on a bus then thrown off to die. Not a lot of surprise to me anymore. I guess if you are not looking, you don't see.

She probably had some volatile relationships in her past based on her inability to get along with her in-laws. Why would someone aggressively say "IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" when asked an innocent question about where you grew up? Why not make up something vague, then tell them that you are estranged & it's painful to talk about. The way FLEK handled it seems mentally unstable to me.

Agreed.

But on the other hand could be one of those things where it might be difficult to track your lies. "Did I tell my MIL we grew up in a Colonial or a Craftsman style house?" "Where did I say I went to elementary school?"

I have said it more than once. It it totally possible she had ties or lived in another part of Texas before..
One thing bugging me. Why risk keeping lockbox in her house? I would fear hubby or snarky MIL finding it.. I would get a off site box to keep that kinda thing.
Again, the ADHD meds could have been for weight loss. It is common to do this. She was bulimic
A. Laciner has contacts in New Jersey. ( referring to previous post of not ruling NJ out) and really, I suspect he knows something. He seems shady to me from trying to find info on him..

Just thinking out loud here, but any evidence we have of a physical residence places her within a roughly 100 mile radius around Dallas. I'm assuming that having your name changed requires you to set foot in a court building at least once, so from late June/early July 1988 until her death, she would have been a permanent resident of that region. In fact, with the exception of Longview, she seems to have lived in the immediate Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan area exclusively. Given how much change her life appears to have involved in the late 80s and early 90s, that's an awfully sedentary lifestyle for someone who has no particular attachment to that area.

Furthermore, according to various real estate websites the property she listed as a residential address in Boise, ID existed at the time she used it. Which means, Google Streetview would still give a fairly accurate picture of what the property looked like at the time. A quick glance shows it to be a small (duplex?) home, not some appartment block where you'd have any reasonable chance of living anonymously. From what's been posted here, I gather that none of the residents and neighbors from back then had any memory of her. So either there's a huge conspiracy among those homeowners to keep Jane Doe's identity secret, or more likely she never lived there, and the information can be discounted as proof of residency. Also, none of her supposed contacts in California (Mr. Perkins, Ms. Jeung) have any recollection of her either. I'm aware of the Ruffs' claim that she didn't have a Texas accent, but it also stands to reason that a person who grew up in a metropolitan area would have a much greater chance of speaking without an accent than someone born and raised in a somewhat more rural county such as Gregg. And then of course, just because you're from Texas doesn't mean your parents who taught you to speak have to be. And so forth.

All of which leads me to one question. Am I correct in assuming there's no concrete evidence whatsoever that Jane Doe ever spent any significant amount of time outside the greater Dallas area, while there's plenty of evidence to show an attachment to that particular region? I understand the obvious objection to a Dallas origin: "why would someone who doesn't want to be found not change their place of residence". I'm not sure that objection is valid. The metropolitan area had roughly 5 million inhabitants at the time. It's perfectly possible to disappear in an urban area of that size. In some cases, merely avoiding certain districts will already do the trick. In addition, things like the somewhat amateurish resume, letter of reference, her GED scores contradict the hypothesis that we're dealing with a master strategist of above-average intelligence, who would cover all possible angles. At the very least, the information we have doesn't rule out a much simpler, more provincial personality, who'd (random example) ask a friend to walk her through the steps of becoming a blank slate, and then move to the other end of the city. It seems to me any difficulty in determining her identity is mainly due to the scarcity of evidence, not due to any unusual steps she took to conceal it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions. What I'm trying to do is determine the most likely candidate area for her geographical origin, based strictly on available evidence, so the search for Jane Doe's original identity can be narrowed down. If there are any flaws in my reasoning or facts I might have gotten confused, please don't hesitate to point them out to me. I'm new to this.
I don't know about all that, she seems pretty bright to me. A lot of people can't even follow instructions.

Whether she did it on her own or had help is still very much an open question.

She did stay around the Dallas area. On the other hand, a big city like Dallas is a perfect place to get lost. And she was going to college in Arlington. In fact, she graduated from there w/ a Business Administration Degree after 7 years of night school.

The question remains: why Dallas? The answer is probably: why not?

And she was going to college in Arlington. In fact, she graduated from there w/ a Business Administration Degree after 7 years of night school.

Can you send me in the right direction to verify this info? I admit, after the thread split, i am focusing on yearbook/facebook stuff and it is hard to keep up with every post, but I do try and think I missed it. Thanks!!

I think that the dates provided are just the dates reported - I was looking a while back at a missing person's case of someone missing since the late 80s, who had property reported unclaimed many years later on one of the lists (and it's definitely the same person, and it's not a recent unclaimed property). Also shows she worked for NCH Corp at the time, I'm guessing the funds are a last paycheque or something.

Also, is there any record of her ever living in Princeton, TX? This is almost certainly a coincidence, but I've found unclaimed funds for a Becky S Turner from Melaleuca, Inc (a multi-layer marketing company) - the funds have been "reported by" the state of Idaho, and the address given for this Becky S Turner is in Princeton, Texas.

For 'finds' can you please add the link?
thanks!

I think that the dates provided are just the dates reported - I was looking a while back at a missing person's case of someone missing since the late 80s, who had property reported unclaimed many years later on one of the lists (and it's definitely the same person, and it's not a recent unclaimed property). Also shows she worked for NCH Corp at the time, I'm guessing the funds are a last paycheque or something.

Also, is there any record of her ever living in Princeton, TX? This is almost certainly a coincidence, but I've found unclaimed funds for a Becky S Turner from Melaleuca, Inc (a multi-layer marketing company) - the funds have been "reported by" the state of Idaho, and the address given for this Becky S Turner is in Princeton, Texas.

Remember that some have speculated on this site that even though she immediately changed her name to LEK, it doesn't mean she actually lived under that name immediately. Remember, there is that big gap from 1988 up until the late 1990s or early 2000s where we don't necessarily know what she was doing. She may have lived as BST for awhile, despite having changed her name.

Not sure if this is a red herring, but I found numerous references on Intelligator of her using the alias 'Lorree Kennedy'. I also found a new address to maybe add to the list... 2913 Colter Court, Euless, TX. Looking on google maps, this one appears to be a bonafide house, similar to her one with BR.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 90
For 'finds' can you please add the link?
thanks!

I can't provide a link to the record, it's at https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/up/Search.jsp if you search Becky S Turner. For some reason the Melaleuca detail isn't showing up now? What it says is:

Property #1
Reported Property Owner
Last/Business Name TURNER
First Name BECKY S
Last Known Address 117 CALDWELL
City PRINCETON
State TX
Zip 75407
Reporting Institution STATE OF IDAHO
Year Reported 2008
Amount Reported 164.83

The 2008 is questionable, but it could have been reported after the company folded, or something.

How does mail service work in the US? Say my address is 119 Main Street and I want to evade detection....so I give an address of 109 Main Street....are postal employees like they are here, and will just manually deliver it by sight?

How does mail service work in the US? Say my address is 119 Main Street and I want to evade detection....so I give an address of 109 Main Street....are postal employees like they are here, and will just manually deliver it by sight?

yes , if they care enough they will bring it ! depends on whos delivering sadly!

Well maybe we should be thinking more along this route as well?

You mean approximate areas? Or did that just totally go over my head?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah....the approximate areas. I know that there has already been similar search done on some addresses, but maybe we should devote more attention to that.

Hi HerStory,
My feeling is that whenever she needed to use a physical address she filled out a change of address card simultaneously. She could have had mail forwarded to a post office box that way. After a year the Post Office destroys the forwarding card and there is no record of it. I think that is why no one has any memory of her at any of her addresses. She may never even have visited them, let alone lived there.

yes that is why i always look at the whole street. Plus if you know your neighbor, they will bring it to you ;)

Yeah....the approximate areas. I know that there has already been similar search done on some addresses, but maybe we should devote more attention to that.

Yes, this is what I noticed a while back with the addresses and some of the info on the notes page. Not necessarily the exact address given but very close by (i.e. one or two houses down the street) is where the connections start happening. That's why I refer to some of the information as "true/false".

Deliver it to where? The 109 or 119 house?
In my area Canada post would deliver it to the correct address of 119 Main. Canada Post will correct the address sometimes BEFORE it is even delivered!!!

Deliver it to where? The 109 or 119 house?
In my area Canada post would deliver it to the correct address of 119 Main. Canada Post will correct the address sometimes BEFORE it is even delivered!!!

Here, they have the "Meh! Close enough!" mentality, and wrong addresses end up where they need to go. Sometimes even get an added bonus of the neighbour's hydro bill, which is addressed properly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back