TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense better be careful with using her as a witness for them. She might have changed her tune by then. When this case started, she thought she knew her husband and was totally loyal towards him. And maybe the sexting was not that big of a deal to her. But learning he had long term relationships, coming to her home, and him having a boyfriend, and going to see prostittutes. OUCH.

I hope she has been tested for STDs! Yuck!!!

Oops! Yes, :blushing: absolutely my mistake. I apologize. The testimony from the underaged girl was blacked out. Duh, sorry.

LOL I totally understand. Wasn't meaning to sound snarky, just trying to keep facts straight, hard sometimes. We good ;)

How does this change the facts in this case?. Regardless of who he was sleeping with, a precious child is dead. What do sexual preference's have to do with this?.
I totally agree w you. It was a weak attempt at humor on my part

I totally agree w you. It was a weak attempt at humor on my part

Hey, I thought it was funny too. Kinda like a Freudian slip on the part of the reporter. I have no issues with sexual preferences and I suspect you don't either.

I don't know, when it comes to IT, Harris & his co-workers pretty much fit the bill of a typical IT guy, IMO.
Not only are some of these work habits/patterns attributed to IT workers, but many of the younger workers in general. It has grown to be common management practices now when managing younger workers. They want you to tell them what you need and when you need it...then leave them alone. It's quite common to not work 9-5. Maybe arrive late, maybe work late, maybe work some at home at night when it's convenient. Maybe see a 2 hr movie during the day as you prefer to work 2 hours late that night. If forced to conform to strict 9-5 many will find a new employer

But Ross was already having his cake and eating it too. He had no woman on the side asking him to leave his wife. I dont think he even had a perspective relationship in the works. He was paying for it. I think RH has some struggles. Had RH had something stable on the side, maybe he would have considered divorce, but testimony doesn't speak to that.

All of the above is true. However, he was out of control, imo. If he had just done one of the sexual things, like had a secret relationship with a man, OR had a mistress, OR had paid encounters, OR texted younger females etc,-----then I would agree that he was having his cake and eating it too.

But he was gorging himself, excessively and recklessly, imo. All of that we saw described was 'reckless' and was putting his family in danger as well. So it makes it hard to believe that he even wanted his marriage to stay intact. As for divorce, he said he would never do so, BECAUSE OF COOPER. So there's that issue to be resolved.

He didn't seem to be making much of an effort to keep his job either. He is running late so he stops and takes his toddler inside to eat first. He arrives late to work and begins goofing around on Whisper and doing other time wasting stuff, all the while, knowing he was behind on his IT work. Then he leaves early for a movie? He was not taking his job security very seriously at all.

So it did not appear to me that he valued his marriage or his job. Kind of hard to believe that he valued his child that morning either. When our kids are very little, we are usually constantly aware of them and their needs because they are so fragile and vulnerable. And he was somehow able to shut him out of his mind within seconds.

I am not convinced it was premeditated murder. But I am believing it was criminal neglect. He showed a reckless disregard for his child, imo. :cow:

I am going to guess Ross was a late bloomer in finding his sexuality. Maybe it was a strict upbringing, maybe he had difficulty meeting/talking to women, maybe he saved himself for marriage, etc. While I am guessing again, I am guessing LH/RH intimacy was conservative by some measures. Somehow, through time, RH has learned about Whisper app, Backpage, prostitution, men on vacation. Maybe he was somehow introduced through *advertiser censored* or internet/cell phone apps in general. Once he starting testing the waters he had to jump to full submersion (kid in a candy store, if you will). Maybe it was the outlet he wrongfully chose to escape at RH/CH/LH expense. Many of us want/need to see that Ross loved hi son. Many of us want/need to find a reason to hate RH. Ross is making that part easy for us. But I have heard 2 co-workers who appear sincere testify RH loved his son and his actions and words were on full display consistently. The daycare employees sincere testimony also follow that path. RH deserves some prison time but I truly think he loved his son. Maybe he didn't love Cooper enough, per some standards, but I truly feel RH loved his son.

True. But even people who get drunk and drive with their kids in their car 'love' their kids. But it doesn't excuse their horrible and dangerous behavior.

There are major differences between the two. So much is known here that wasn't there. We know when Cooper was last alive. We know when he died. We know how. We know who left him in the car. We know what RH was doing while Cooper died. We know what happened in Cooper's life the day he died. Etc.

If he is not convicted of at least negligence, I will be completely shocked. I think proving intent in this case is impossible, but they have already showed RH was negligent.

JMO.

Totally agree, he's guilty of neglect but I don't think they're proving intent. I don't think it's even close. I don't know if this was on purpose, I don't think we can know from what I've heard. Unless there's a bomb shell that is new, he walks IMO.

Thing is about any of these witness, they have made statements and recorded interviews so forth. She has to go by her testimony given, just as ea other witness or they will be impeached. Not by their feelings or memories today (or when they testify)

Right. But she has been recorded as saying that her husband would never do anything bad to her son because she knows him so well and knows what kind of a father he is. But if some of these secrets revealed shake her confidence in him, she might say so. She could easily say that she didn't know him as well as she thought she did.

Totally agree, he's guilty of neglect but I don't think they're proving intent. I don't think it's even close. I don't know if this was on purpose, I don't think we can know from what I've heard. Unless there's a bomb shell that is new, he walks IMO.

Do you mean walks away from the charge of intent or do you mean walks out of court - absolved of everything? (If the second, I do not agree.)

Not only are some of these work habits/patterns attributed to IT workers, but many of the younger workers in general. It has grown to be common management practices now when managing younger workers. They want you to tell them what you need and when you need it...then leave them alone. It's quite common to not work 9-5. Maybe arrive late, maybe work late, maybe work some at home at night when it's convenient. Maybe see a 2 hr movie during the day as you prefer to work 2 hours late that night. If forced to conform to strict 9-5 many will find a new employer

Yes, but even then, you need to show your work product to be able to have that much freedom. I am wondering how much actual work RH was getting done.

But Ross was already having his cake and eating it too. He had no woman on the side asking him to leave his wife. I dont think he even had a perspective relationship in the works. He was paying for it. I think RH has some struggles. Had RH had something stable on the side, maybe he would have considered divorce, but testimony doesn't speak to that.

Ross was planning a 2 family cruise with his brother, had been checking out family houses to buy and thinking ahead about schools for Cooper, etc. etc. for the future.

He had not expressed any negative thoughts or emotions about Cooper, had not exhibited any anger or resentment towards him, had not withdrawn from him, had not neglected him or abused him, and still raved about him to everyone.

It would seem that no one, including LE, can point to any precipitating event or series of events that would cause RH to decide to kill Cooper, and there is zero evidence that Ross the researcher looked up anything remotely related to doing so.

He'd apparently been unfaithful to Leanna for years. Nothing new there. And he'd crossed the line and began sexting with a minor for over a year, nothing new there. The only external variable that seems to have changed is his being passed over for a promotion and turned down for a job.

And yet, on June 18, 2014 he is supposed to have killed Cooper, in a manner he knew would be excruciatingly painful and awful, and then carried on his day quite unaffected.

Taking a step back from today's testimony, Imo the State did a good job of connecting the dots of RH's "bad character" to suggest a possible motive of "remove Cooper to make his marriage end, " and in driving home the point that even his friends didn't really know RH.

But... there's a big 'ole chasm between feeling trapped in an unhappy marriage and having a covert, not very discriminating, in some portions illegal extramarital sex life, and deciding one day to kill one's son to make one's marriage end.

Too large a chasm, imo, without some kind of evidence of premeditation, something that suggests when and why RH began thinking such a thing.

She's always said she thought it was an accident and RH loved Cooper. I don't think the DT would risk calling her if they had the slightest doubt she would testify to both.

I also think she will have more credibility with the jury if she DOES express anger at RH for being responsible, accident or not, for the loss her baby.

Cynical old me believes this is the reason she divorced him. I see her testifying to both. Along the lines she loves RH, believes wholeheartedly he did not do this by design, but nonetheless responsible for her no longer having her son.

Then there's this, Leanne at Cooper's funeral:

"Am I angry with Ross?" Leanna Harris said at the funeral in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him."

What seriously rattles me about LH was her saying, paraphrasing, given the opportunity she wouldn't bring Cooper back to this broken world. Being glad he wouldn't experience bad things like his first heartbreak, middle school, etc. I mean, seriously, what the hell? It was reminiscent of Routiers' bullchit of how happy her children would be 'up there'.
I don't care how religious you are. It is not natural to want your child to be anywhere other than with you. She raises my hackles.

The danger for RH when she testifies, imo, may lie in how much she knew of his shenanigans before the testimony of the females to date. This is not a stable woman, even before the death of her son.

I am finally listening to this morning's testimony. Detective Stoddard was definitely in court, and he was sitting directly behind the State's legal team. I was not aware of him during the afternoon session.

On a side note, I know that many have asked about the comment from JRH saying that he would be late to the movies. This was mentioned by either Winston or Alex this afternoon, and it was also testified to during the PC hearing. I am 95% sure that this was Alex's testimony. It was testified to during direct, and the conversation was not on the screen. I will try to find this particular question later this evening.

Yes I heard the testimony of the witness stating RH said he would be late. Whoever was on the stand at the time. I can't remember. I thought it was weird that he already knew he would be late if he left work early. JMO

I also don't know where the 4:16 time is coming from r.e. RH leaving work that day. Was that in testimony today or earlier in this trial?

Ross was planning a 2 family cruise with his brother, had been checking out family houses to buy and thinking ahead about schools for Cooper, etc. etc. for the future.

He had not expressed any negative thoughts or emotions about Cooper, had not exhibited any anger or resentment towards him, had not withdrawn from him, had not neglected him or abused him, and still raved about him to everyone.

It would seem that no one, including LE, can point to any precipitating event or series of events that would cause RH to decide to kill Cooper, and there is zero evidence that Ross the researcher looked up anything remotely related to doing so.

He'd apparently been unfaithful to Leanna for years. Nothing new there. And he'd crossed the line and began sexting with a minor for over a year, nothing new there. The only external variable that seems to have changed is his being passed over for a promotion and turned down for a job.

And yet, on June 18, 2014 he is supposed to have killed Cooper, in a manner he knew would be excruciatingly painful and awful, and then carried on his day quite unaffected.

Taking a step back from today's testimony, Imo the State did a good job of connecting the dots of RH's "bad character" to suggest a possible motive of "remove Cooper to make his marriage end, " and in driving home the point that even his friends didn't really know RH.

But... there's a big 'ole chasm between feeling trapped in an unhappy marriage and having a covert, not very discriminating, in some portions illegal extramarital sex life, and deciding one day to kill one's son to make one's marriage end.

Too large a chasm, imo, without some kind of evidence of premeditation, something that suggests when and why RH began thinking such a thing.

Exactly.

I also don't know where the 4:16 time is coming from r.e. RH leaving work that day. Was that in testimony today or earlier in this trial?

It was from Friday morning. There is a time-stamped video of Ross leaving work.

youwsa this thread has gotten long. Sorry My daughter had a school concert tonight and I wasn't around to get you a fresh one going.

Be right back with one. Be prepared to move over to it right away because as soon as I have it ready to roll out this one will close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member