Age Missing: 19
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 9/5/1956
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Stewart has a scar on one breast. She was last seen wearing blue patchwork jeans, a blue long sleeved blouse with white stitching, a blue bandana, a wide belt and brown shoes. Her vehicle was recovered in Austin.

Oh my gosh, Debra was so pretty. It is sad to see so many young people who seem to disappear without a trace. I see a possible resemblance to Princess's recon. Debra is black, but she has Caucasian features. I think it is possible. This is in my neck of the woods, but this is the first I have heard about her. I wonder if we can find out anything else about her.

Lion

This was posted under the Missing but Not Forgotten Forum:

rpm77
user_offline.gif

Princess Blue
I never heard of Princess Blue but I just looked her up- this was not Elisa. She is thought to be part African American and white either one parent or grandparent of the victim. ELisa was niether part African or caucasion her last name Roberson was my dad's name, he adopted her when she was a baby. The victim had six rings none of which belonged to Elisa.

What a dedicated sister to be searching for all this time for Elisa. I hope and pray that Elisa is one day found. Thank you for letting us know, RKnowley:blowkiss:.

Lion

One thing that tends to rule out (but not fully, perhaps) Princess as being Debra is that Princess's left upper tooth near to the front was missing.

From the 1990 autopsy report:
Tooth 10 was surgically absent and the corresponding alveolar space partially obliterated by mature bone.

For the alveolar space to be partially obliterated by mature bone the tooth was removed some time prior to her death. I don't know how long that takes, but I imagine it may take a few months. Don't quote me on that, though.

On one of the missing sites (either the tx dps, or The Charley Project) under the picture it is notes that it is from circa 1976. So, either Debra lost her tooth fairly shortly after that pic was taken or it can't be her. I thought, what if she ran away and lost a tooth later on? But, i don't think she ran away. On The Doe Network page

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2159dftx.html

it states the Debra left Sears where she worked, and it stated that she was a communications student. She had an apartment and a car. her car was found abandoned two days after her disappearance. She had too many reasons not to run away, most likely. She was making a life for herself with a job and school. And, she left her car behind.

I don't think Debra is Princess, but if anyone can find out anything more about her that indicates differently, I am open minded. Somewhere someone might be missing Princess, and I hope so much that Princess is one day identified.

Lion

LOL! Now that I have thought about it I should have just left it. I didn't think it made any sense so I deleted and then thought about it and now I realize it did make sense :waitasec:

Well, darn. No I am in suspense as I never got to see that message:D.

Lion

I'm not completely ruling Debra out based on the fact that the picture on her Charley Project page says it was circa 1976. I know for a fact that those estimates such as circa 1976 doesn't mean it was taken that exact year. For example on Kim Cheatham's Charley Project page it has 3 images of her and it says circa 1989 under them. Well, I know for a fact that one of those photos was taken in 1987. It is pretty easy to estimate when the 1987 photo of Kim was taken because it was at her nephew's first birthday party. It's possible the estimate on Debra Kay Stewart's page is off a couple years. A lot of times pictures are taken and there isn't a notation on the back that says what year it was taken so family members are left having to decide when exactly a photo was taken. Sometimes that can be off a couple of years.

I don't think Debra ran away but something happened to her. Her pages say foul play suspected and do not suggest that she ran away somewhere.

So, I'm keeping Debra as a possible for now until it can be proven some other way that she is no longer a possible.

Me too, RKnowley. That picture of Debra could have been taken a significant time prior to her disappearance. When I take a look at a possible match I always try to rule that person out or in. The missing tooth is just something to note. I have a feeling that Debra isn't Princess, but feelings aren't facts. I am still keeping her as a possible match in my mind along with Anna and others.

Lion

I'd like to figure out how to find out if all these possibles have their DNA in CODIS and if they don't then find out a way to have their families contacted and get them to submit DNA to be checked against all UID's with their DNA available. It seems like with most the possibles that it doesn't list whether DNA is available or not.

I really don't think that Debra is Princess Blue either but without knowing her dentals or having her DNA to check against Princess Blue's it's impossible to rule her out completely.

---

Me too, RKnowley. That picture of Debra could have been taken a significant time prior to her disappearance. When I take a look at a possible match I always try to rule that person out or in. The missing tooth is just something to note. I have a feeling that Debra isn't Princess, but feelings aren't facts. I am still keeping her as a possible match in my mind along with Anna and others.

Lion

I also hope that Elisa is found one day too. Such a hard thing for a family to have to go through :(

What a dedicated sister to be searching for all this time for Elisa. I hope and pray that Elisa is one day found. Thank you for letting us know, RKnowley:blowkiss:.

Lion

I'd like to figure out how to find out if all these possibles have their DNA in CODIS and if they don't then find out a way to have their families contacted and get them to submit DNA to be checked against all UID's with their DNA available. It seems like with most the possibles that it doesn't list whether DNA is available or not.

I really don't think that Debra is Princess Blue either but without knowing her dentals or having her DNA to check against Princess Blue's it's impossible to rule her out completely.

---

Do you know if there is one contact we can find to refer families of the missing to get their DNA into CODIS? I wonder if Kelly can help us with this. I am thinking about referring all families I come across to do this if it hasn't already been done.

Lion

There's another gal who went missing in Austin, Texas 10 days after Debra Kay Stewart went missing. I wonder if the cases are connected? I will have to research that one. I know the girl below is most likely too tall to be Princess Blue but thought it was interesting the 2 (Debra & Jennifer) went missing at around the same time. It looks like Jennifer disappeared on her birthday :(

Name: Jennifer Joyce Barton
AKA: J.J. Barton
Case Number: M9811002
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Austin (Travis County)
Last Seen on: 5/31/1976
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 5/31/1955
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Barton has a light and freckled complexion and she has a scar on the calf of her right leg. She was last seen wearing a burgandy body suit, blue jeans and sandals.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M1/6/200312:36:03PM'

From her doenetwork information:
Circumstances of Disappearance
On the day Barton disappeared, she and a friend were headed up 11th Street to see a movie. She was short of cash and stopped at a bar to get money from friends. She met two men in the bar and later left in their van with California license plates.
A dropout from Reagan High School, Barton had a record of prostitution arrests. Friends said she had appeared distraught after a friend was killed in February, and her apartment was broken into shortly afterward.
Foul play is possible.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/535dftx.html

Good question as to whether or not the two cases are related. I don't see anything that jumps out at me. I think Jennifer's fate may have had something to do with leaving with the two men in a van with CA plates. Debra disappeared possibly where her car was found in south Austin. The areas are fairly near to each other. Their lifestyles seemed to be different, but we know little about the person(s) who may have been responsible for both women's' fate. I imagine it is possible that Jennifer ran away and no immediate harm came to her. But, she lived a life of risk so she was vulnerable.

I didn't live in TX then, so I don't have any recollections of young girls'/women's' disappearances. And, I don't recall ever hearing any buzz about a possible serial killer. Austin is a fair size city especially if you include the metro area, yet we don't have a lot of unexplained disappearances. I am curious now, though.

Lion

Would like some thoughts on this lady. Is she a possible for Princess Blue? She is listed as bi-racial black/white/hispanic. I wonder how we could find out what kind of ring she wore on her right hand (3rd finger)?

Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron
Missing since January 1, 1979 from Del Valle, Travis County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 31, 1956
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120-130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Bi-racial female (Black/White/Hispanic). Brown hair; hazel/brown eyes. Petite frame.
  • Jewelry: Wore a ring on the right hand 3rd finger
  • Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Davis-Herron was last seen heading down to Tex Golden Nugget, a Motel in the neighborhood were she worked.
Some friends saw her driving in that direction and she blew her horn at them and waved. She has never been seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Travis County Sheriff's Department
Detective Jim Anderson
512-854-3234

Agency Case Number: 04-36882 NCIC Number: M-056167540
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1506dftx.html

I think it is possible, but I don't think that Princess's recon resembles Pinkie. I have seen recons side by side with missing persons once they have been found, and sometimes the recons prove to have been way off.

Lion

Wow, Pinkie Mae DAVIS was only 14 yrs old when she got married in 1970 to HERRON. He was 29 yrs old.

ETA: They divorced in 1975 and at that time had 2 children.

I emailed a very prominent forensic artist (she is the one who did the drawing of 'Baby Grace' AKA Riley Sawyers found in Galveston, Texas) about Princess Blue's case and asked her "Why are sketches sometimes done and not the reconstructions out of clay?" and also asked her "Do you feel that a facial reconstruction out of clay would have the best results in indentifying Princess Blue?"

This was her response:

I have had the best results doing reconstructions by simply drawing from the skull, just as was done with this case. The reason I would draw the reconstruction would not be the cost, or the extra supplies and time (which are considerable more). All us forensic artists would walk a hundred miles (with breaks and food) or whatever if it would solve some of these cases. but like I said, my absolute best results were done by drawing, as was done for this case (Princess Blue's case). If you remember the Baby Grace case in Galveston, I did that reconstruction, and it was a drawing.

We all wish this case would get solved, the girl seems so young and beautiful (She is talking about Princess Blue's case here).

I emailed a very prominent forensic artist (she is the one who did the drawing of 'Baby Grace' AKA Riley Sawyers found in Galveston, Texas) about Princess Blue's case and asked her "Why are sketches sometimes done and not the reconstructions out of clay?" and also asked her "Do you feel that a facial reconstruction out of clay would have the best results in indentifying Princess Blue?"

This was her response:

Wow, thank you RKnowley! You are amazing:blowkiss:. And, it is good to know that forensics artists feel the way that the one above does.

Lion

Do you know if there is one contact we can find to refer families of the missing to get their DNA into CODIS? I wonder if Kelly can help us with this. I am thinking about referring all families I come across to do this if it hasn't already been done.

Lion
HI Lion-
Yes, the agency that handles the familial reference samples with regard to missing persons cases is the same lab we have been mentioning regarding comparing Princess Blue with Cheatham and Jessie Foster with Princess Lavender...The Univ. of North TX's Health Science Center in Ft. Worth - Human Identity Lab. This is a federally funded facility and handles cases from all over the country, if not internationally as well, not just TX cases. The kits to obtain the buccal swabs from family members are free to LE and include a "pedigree chart," of sorts, so the scientisits understand exactly how the persons concerned are related to one another. The family members must have LE obtain the sample from them and then LE simply mails it in to the Lab, with associated paperwk. abt the MP case. The whole process is FREE:woohoo: !! The familial reference samples are first compared with everythg in the Lab's system (meaning, all UID remains from which they have obtained a DNA profile in the past). If there is no match, the samples are then uploaded into the state, national and intrntn'l levels, to be periodically checked against all other entries from other sources, like CODIS. Important to note - the fam. refnc. smpls. ARE NOT checked against criminal CODIS databases, they are only used in regard to identification for unknown persons. In short, if a fam. mbr. is hesitant to give their DNA bec. they are afraid they might be linked to a crime in their past, they don't have to be concerned w/ that. The Lab is concerned with solvg UID and MP cases solely. Does this make sense?
So, if there are family members of MP out there, and they have never been requested to give a DNA sample for reference, they should contact the LE involved w their case and ask that this process be started. There is a chance that LE may not even know this opportunity exists. The Lab is trying to start educatg agencies abt this service - literally travlg, puttg on lectures, etc. to "get the word out." But if the LE involved doesn't know what to do, they can contact the Lab themselves, or the TXMPCH and they will walk them through it. Did I mention the whole process is FREE??!

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member