Haleigh Cummings general discussion

Been thinking about that. I believe she knows what happened to Haleigh but that is not what she was sentenced for. That does seem excessive. Im surprised no one is trying to help her get that sentence reduced. And you are right. Pediphiles get alot less and are more of a danger out on the street. Im not defending Misty but just looking at the charge that put her there. Its pretty scary.

BBM: Makes me think that people are afraid to come forward to try and get her a lighter sentence. This entire case investigation and the people involved have stunk since day one.

I will google Haleigh's name from time to time in hopes that there will be some new news. It saddens me that this case is still unsolved. The more i read about this case and the characters involved, the more confused I become. I can't understand why someone would withhold info helping solve a case of a missing child. I guess it's bc I've never been around that type of environment. These characters are all very shady and are all of a different breed,even the cops.I have a relationship with The Lord. I couldn't live my life knowing I would have to face him one day knowing I didn't do the right thing. But that's just me..I'm curios if the cops ever subpoena the phone records of ALL characters involved.. Not just the ones in jail but White boy Greg, nay nay, Timmy, Chelsea, Amber Brooks, Jerome,Donnie Spells...phone pings tell a lot. I'm also curios if Brandon Overstreet ( Mistys cousin ) was ever questioned. I'm sure he would talk now bring he is in jail for robbery. His my space said he would be visiting that weekend. I've always been curios of Brandon.

I still watch the PCSO revolving door @ the jail; same individuals, in and out. This was the first time MC had issues with the criminal justice system and boy did they hit her hard. I do not think she had the maturity, the knowledge, and the mental capability of understanding the consequences of her drug dealing actions. Further, I think she was set up and coerced into the drug trafficking by RC and LE, independently of one another, but for their own agenda. JMO

(It has always been my belief that we are accountable for our actions ... however, on a case by case basis with factors such as mentality, age, etc. taken into consideration.)

I don't feel sorry for Misty in the least little bit. That girl knows what happened to Haleigh and I say let her rot in prison until she fesses up. Ron too.
I just hope PCSO is still working on Haleigh's disappearance and aren't allowing themselves to be satisfied with the drug charges alone.

It is not enough, as far as I'm concerned. Haleigh needs to be found, and put to rest. I will never forget that precious angel. :(

I don't feel sorry for Misty in the least little bit. That girl knows what happened to Haleigh and I say let her rot in prison until she fesses up. Ron too.
I just hope PCSO is still working on Haleigh's disappearance and aren't allowing themselves to be satisfied with the drug charges alone.

It is not enough, as far as I'm concerned. Haleigh needs to be found, and put to rest. I will never forget that precious angel. :(

I completely agree with you-let them rot!

I don't know how to feel about Misti. I come from a pretty rough upbringing and I mean rough. I know the difference between right and wrong just as she. I hate to say it but jail might have been the best thing for her. I read she got her GED. I sure hope they find new leads. Keep Haleigh in our thoughts and pray this baby gets justice. Any word on Jr.? Who has custody?

I also read on mistys fb support page that Ron keeps trying to kill himself.

I don't know how to feel about Misti. I come from a pretty rough upbringing and I mean rough. I know the difference between right and wrong just as she. I hate to say it but jail might have been the best thing for her. I read she got her GED. I sure hope they find new leads. Keep Haleigh in our thoughts and pray this baby gets justice. Any word on Jr.? Who has custody?

My understanding is she was attempting to get her GED and they told her she cannot participate now (no hurry for her to complete the program)

Prev. posters state Jr. is with RC's mom ....

we are talking about the stiff DRUG Sentence for Misty with her age and being a First Offense (not for her being sentenced and doing time for murdering HaLeigh) == According to my records, no one has been charged with HaLeigh's death, in fact, we have no evidence to support the fact that she is even dead!

we are talking about the stiff DRUG Sentence for Misty with her age and being a First Offense (not for her being sentenced and doing time for murdering HaLeigh) == According to my records, no one has been charged with HaLeigh's death, in fact, we have no evidence to support the fact that she is even dead!

BBM: Exactly! I think that she was hit with such a long sentence with the thought that it would pacify people and stop them from expecting LE to REALLY investigate this case and find Haleigh and the one who made her disappear. I really wish that the SBI or maybe even the FBI should have been brought in to investigate this case because I think that a lot of information and evidence is being withheld due to someone in LE involved with big time drug dealing in the area.

Does anyone here understand the LAW in Florida? It's called minimum mandatory time. I happen to not agree with the law, but it IS the law. It has zero to do with Haleigh's death.

http://www.tampafldruglawyers.com/Drug-Crimes/Drug-Trafficking.aspx

For example, possessing five OxyCodone pills (4.26 grams) carries a three year minimum mandatory prison sentence, while 33 OxyCodone pills carries a 25 years minimum mandatory prison sentence.

Since this is Haleigh's thread, I will state again that Misty, Ron and Tommy all KNOW something about Haleigh's disappearance and/or death. I could give a rat's behind what they are going through. Haleigh was an innocent child that deserved much better than this.

Poor Misty? Not a chance, IMO. This is Haleigh's thread and I will only feel sorry for her.

I still hope they all rot.

Does anyone here understand the LAW in Florida? It's called minimum mandatory time. I happen to not agree with the law, but it IS the law. It has zero to do with Haleigh's death.

Since this is Haleigh's thread, I will state again that Misty, Ron and Tommy all KNOW something about Haleigh's disappearance and/or death. I could give a rat's behind what they are going through. Haleigh was an innocent child that deserved much better than this.

Poor Misty? Not a chance, IMO. This is Haleigh's thread and I will only feel sorry for her.

I still hope they all rot.

Don't mistake the comments about the differences in the length of sentences as "feeling sorry for Misty". That is not the case, not in my comments at least. No, I'm not ignorant about Florida's mandatory minimum laws in sentencing, however the bias shown here started way before the sentencing phase. Ron has an arrest record longer than my arm and has always been the "slippery eel" in the courtroom when it came time for being charged and tried for his many crimes. It all comes down to how you are initially charged for the crime before sentencing is considered. Ron has always managed to have his cases either pled out or reduced to a mere nothing IMO due to some
"influence" he seems to have with LE, judges, magistrates whoever........ In this case it appears that LE cherrypicked who they wanted for the most leverage. Good for them but why not use the same leverage for both Ron and Misty?

Ronald made it very clear in a jail house conversation with his mother that he thought that he belonged in jail. Could it be that he had a slight bit of conscience going on? Apparently now word is out that he keeps trying to kill himself, well I say too bad, so sad because I have always believed that he knows exactly what happened to Haleigh and he knows exactly where her body is hidden. Giving Misty the longest sentence didn't help find Haleigh did it? Giving Ronald another plea deal didn't help find her either, did it? But I bet LE is willing to think that they are through with the investigation because they have Misty in jail for 25 years and now they don't have to stir up anything in their own backyard.

I feel sorry for Misty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Ron had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. I think he needs to be in jail for the drugs and for all the other things he done and got away with.
I think Misty knows what happened to Haleigh.Its just my opinion. But thats not what she is in jail for. I think her sentence is too long to fit the crime she is charged for. Just trying to be fair and looking at this from a justice point of view. I dont understand why she got the stiffest sentence.Its not about compassion for Misty. Its about how the justice system worked. Something isnt right here.

I don't think Ron had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. I think he needs to be in jail for the drugs and for all the other things he done and got away with.
I think Misty knows what happened to Haleigh.Its just my opinion. But thats not what she is in jail for. I think her sentence is too long to fit the crime she is charged for. Just trying to be fair and looking at this from a justice point of view. I dont understand why she got the stiffest sentence.Its not about compassion for Misty. Its about how the justice system worked. Something isnt right here.

I think Ron, Misty, Tommy, etc are all guilty of a lot of different crimes.

When it comes to the crime of disappearing/killing Haleigh, I'm not sure who in that bunch exactly is guilty or who was complicit after the fact (but I'm 99.9% sure that at least one of those three- Ron, Misty, Tommy - are guilty of disappearing Haleigh.

At the time when the case first broke and the 911 call was all over the news, I thought that Ron's reaction on the call legitimately sounded like a man who had really come home to find his daughter missing. His wailing sounded real to me. As the case began to play out, I became less sure (especially after the whole marrying Misty thing).

I hope LE has a better idea of who did what and who knew what or who helped cover stuff up. But sadly, I don't think they do.

Don't mistake the comments about the differences in the length of sentences as "feeling sorry for Misty". That is not the case, not in my comments at least. No, I'm not ignorant about Florida's mandatory minimum laws in sentencing, however the bias shown here started way before the sentencing phase. Ron has an arrest record longer than my arm and has always been the "slippery eel" in the courtroom when it came time for being charged and tried for his many crimes. It all comes down to how you are initially charged for the crime before sentencing is considered. Ron has always managed to have his cases either pled out or reduced to a mere nothing IMO due to some
"influence" he seems to have with LE, judges, magistrates whoever........ In this case it appears that LE cherrypicked who they wanted for the most leverage. Good for them but why not use the same leverage for both Ron and Misty?

Ronald made it very clear in a jail house conversation with his mother that he thought that he belonged in jail. Could it be that he had a slight bit of conscience going on? Apparently now word is out that he keeps trying to kill himself, well I say too bad, so sad because I have always believed that he knows exactly what happened to Haleigh and he knows exactly where her body is hidden. Giving Misty the longest sentence didn't help find Haleigh did it? Giving Ronald another plea deal didn't help find her either, did it? But I bet LE is willing to think that they are through with the investigation because they have Misty in jail for 25 years and now they don't have to stir up anything in their own backyard.
Wow, LT, thanks for this post! I totally understand and agree with where you stand. :) 100%

Any update on the remains found?
No ID yet, nope. They are saying in some articles that it is a little girl/young girl

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-human-remains-found-in-deland/25073396?hpt=ju_bn1

<snip>
"I used my hand and pushed on it to see what it was," said Jarvis. "It came out of the bag and laid on its side, and then I realized it was a skull."

Although investigators are not saying anything about who the remains may be, Jarvis said a deputy told him it appeared to be a young girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back