CA - Isaak Gowhari for animal cruelty, Los Angeles, 2007

mum33004

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES - A man has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges after bringing a 7-month-old Doberman puppy with broken ribs and leg injuries to a shelter and telling the workers there that his hands hurt from hitting her.

Isaak Gowhari, 34, was sentenced Thursday to 45 days in county jail after entering his plea to the misdemeanor counts. The judge also barred Gowhari from owning an animal for three years.
Gowhari's telephone number was unlisted and he could not immediately be reached for comment.
Authorities said Gowhari came under investigation after he gave Gracie, the puppy, to an animal shelter.
"Gowhari told the animal shelter workers that he was surrendering the dog because his hands hurt from hitting the animal," said animal control Officer Ernesto Poblano.
Photos seized by investigators showed Gracie's snout taped shut and her legs bandaged.
"At times, Gowhari did get Gracie medical care for the injuries he inflicted, but he apparently did not follow up on treatments and the injuries became aggravated and did not heal," Poblano said.
Gracie recovered from her injuries and has since been adopted.

Some people SHOULD NOT have pets or children.

I wish there was something we all could do to prevent any horror happening to kids or animals. It is getting worse by the minute especially for children. It seems there are more & more cases popping out left & right. All we can do is hope & pray that justice is served to all these low life scumbags who hurt helpless kids and animals.

He actually admitted (whined?) to them that he hurt his hands hitting the dog. Boggles my mind.

Outrageous! I'm happy to hear he is getting some jail time. I think our laws concerning animal cruelty are not strong enough!:furious:

if the puppy were a toddler he would have gotten a lot more time, i bet.....with all the hurt and abandoned pets out there, how could he do that? I just buried my precious skitty cat and can't stop crying - she got hit by a car....that man doesn't have a heart - or a soul.

Time, I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. I am a cat lover too, and know how much it hurts to lose a fur baby!
In my opinion, they should throw the book at this loser....Pepper is right. The laws against animal abuse need to be much tougher!

I love Doberman's and this creep should get more than 45 days. Just imagine how he would treat a child if he would do this to an animal.

Maybe Im too harsh....but I think humans who torture animals should be shot...I also have the same opinion on child molesters.......society does not need these people..we have enough problems to deal with

dingo, I do not think you are too harsh. I'm trying to be more forgiving on this Easter Sunday, but I just can't manage it.

dingo, I do not think you are too harsh. I'm trying to be more forgiving on this Easter Sunday, but I just can't manage it.

I was thinking the same thing.. how would our Savior treat this person...

this is why I was not chosen.... because i think people who abuse babies and animals are some sort of vicious beings who deserve no compassion.

Maybe Im too harsh....but I think humans who torture animals should be shot...I also have the same opinion on child molesters.......society does not need these people..we have enough problems to deal with

I totally agree. People that harm, molest and abuse the innocent are no good! They are worthless to society. They take advantage of the most helpless of us all and somehow they feel they gain power that way.

These are twisted minds that cannot be changed. When you prey on the weak, it's part of your make up. It's not a crime of passion, it's just evil.

You're not being too harsh at all Dingo, you're exactly right in what you say. Anyone who can hurt a child or an animal should be wiped of this earth!

This is great. Let it serve as a deterrent and a warning to anyone who even considers mistreating an animal. I refuse to hit a puppy with the newspaper as some suggest in training him! Kudos to anoother judge!

MG

This is great. Let it serve as a deterrent and a warning to anyone who even considers mistreating an animal. I refuse to hit a puppy with the newspaper as some suggest in training him! Kudos to anoother judge!

MG

Yes!! Let is serve as a deterrent, and let him rot in jail, at least for a little while. I think he deserves more time and should be tattooed right smack on his face with the words, "puppy abuser".

The method of using a newspaper to startle/punish a puppy or dog is not recommended by most if not all proficient, compassionate trainers anymore, so it is good that you realised that it just didn't seem like the best thing to do, MrsG. Unfortunately, old myths live on, and because so many have heard of the newspaper thingy some think it may have merit.

Lion

Yes!! Let is serve as a deterrent, and let him rot in jail, at least for a little while. I think he deserves more time and should be tattooed right smack on his face with the words, "puppy abuser".

The method of using a newspaper to startle/punish a puppy or dog is not recommended by most if not all proficient, compassionate trainers anymore, so it is good that you realised that it just didn't seem like the best thing to do, MrsG. Unfortunately, old myths live on, and because so many have heard of the newspaper thingy some think it may have merit.

Lion

Bingo Lion!!! He should get a great big FAT tatoo where his brain used to be saying "I beat innocent puppies", as should child molesters.

What a guy! Have you ever noticed that the BIGGEST losers & cowards in life go after those weaker, who cannot defend themselves?

I have never liked or trusted someone who doesn't like animals. To me, if you look them in the eye, you are seeing God.

Honestly, 45 days is a joke!! This man should be behind bars for a very long time!!

SICKENING!!!:behindbar

then the bars should be twisted around his neck.....I never used to get this angry, but I agree - I have just seen and heard way too much to have any compassion left for anyone who hurts an animal or a child - or another innocent human - they are evil. Once free, they commit the same crimes over and over again. Hey - Hitler's time in jail didn't change the course of history one bit, did it?

Outrageous! I'm happy to hear he is getting some jail time. I think our laws concerning animal cruelty are not strong enough!:furious:

Speaking of animal laws...Get this folks, some wonderful human being dropped off a dog on our property about 2 months ago, we put an ad in the paper, drove around the neighborhood (we live in the woods literally) nobody claimed her, she was already house broken. We kept her & named her Lady. Anyways, long story short, my 3 year old son knows how to open doors and let her out the other day. Our wonderful neighbors HATE and I mean HATE dogs, so they called the police who in turn called animal control. GET THIS ONE...The "so-called" animal control officer told my husband if we voluntarily surrender our dog, NO citations will be given out, but if we keep our her, well that's another story. We are being blackmailed! I contacted the animal control in PA and they told me to get a lawyer. I am NOT giving up my dog and my son LOVES HER! She is a part of our family and just because the yo-yo's next door HATE dogs, doesn't mean we HAVE to change our lives to suit them. We are and have always been animal lovers. I think our neighbors poisoned our other dog last year. I called the vet and they said RAT Poison. By the time we contacted him, our dog already passed and it was quickly. I told my husband since our neighbors HATE DOGS...maybe they should move away and I mean far away. They are so miserable and I mean miserable. About 7 years ago, the dog was outside with my husband while he was cutting grass and I guess Jake stuck his paw in their yard, so the wonderful wife pulled out a gun and was going to shoot our dog! These people need serious help.

Anyone have any opinions about what to do with the animal control officer? I also found out from an animal advocate that for each dog she brings into the shelter she gets $250.00 and $20 for cats. I read an article on her about her bringing in 20 cats in one day...SO MISS WONDERFUL got $200 bucks! THIS IS SO NOT FAIR! :furious:

no that is not fair - Our animal control was completely overhauled in baltimore a year or so ago and this would never be allowwed - what you do is contact your local newspapers, your local representative - no emails, a phone call or letter is far more personal and apt to get rapt attention - your local news team if possible. Get the word out. And if you have an attorney please contact him or her just in case. People who work for the government whether state or federal have no business making extra money like that for doing their job... animal control should be about removing genuinely dangerous animals and helping abandoned/hurt animals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back