Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy did a lot of "claiming." To the neighbor, he "claimed" she was his wife and the girls were his neices. On FB, he "claimed" at least by implication the vehicle was his, when in fact, Tonya bought the vehicle. He comes across as claiming ownership for everything -- maybe every person -- around him. Control freak much?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm extremely worried about these girls. They are only a burden to him and will make evading LE a more difficult task. He is predictably violent and with nothing to loose, well...you know where I am going in my thoughts. God, pray, he drops them somewhere safe & soon.

From scanning her FB, this mama seemed to really adore her children and cherished motherhood. These girls were very loved it seems. It makes sense Tanya may have taken in a renter to help pay for her nursing school or perhaps she had an open relationship regarding the boyfriend, we just don't have all the details of the relationships. The quotes from the neighbor in MSM appeared to elaborate that the perp presented himself as the father (or they were a couple) and the neighbor assumed they were a family- thats weird and also said they had taken in a niece and an adopted child. I assume he was speaking of Tanya's own children. I will try and find the MSM.

JMO

This may be a far stretch but I have a feeling that TB adopted those girls or was their foster mother. Maybe TM has something to do with their bio parents and that's why this all unfolded?

Does Round Rock have a daily police blotter? Our little town has one, it shows the dates of calls, the address and what the police were called to a location for.

Pray for the safe return of these little girls. Pray that he doesn't kill them and dump their bodies trying to escape the consequences of what he has already done. Pray that he just lets them go in a shopping center parking lot.

As in killed at the same time as the mother or as in the daughter passed away prior to this situation due to an illness or something else unrelated?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Sounded like something unrelated. If you want to private message me I'll give you the name. Her daughter is friends with the youngest daughter and is pictured in some of their trips.

So clearly something was escalating (cops called out twice in last two weeks, per article). I agree she may have been trying to evict him and it all went sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be true or he could be referring to the two wellness checks that were called in and responded to before they had probable cause to enter the home by force. I am really hoping he drops the girls somewhere safe, very soon.

Does Round Rock have a daily police blotter? Our little town has one, it shows the dates of calls, the address and what the police were called to a location for.

May be too big of a city. RR is ~120k people and almost an extension of north Austin.

The latest article has it that they may be in Colorado but there is no indication as to why LE thinks that.
http://www.krdo.com/news/national-i...g-out-of-texas-could-be-in-colorado/680251904

ROUND ROCK, Texas - Two young girls reported missing out of Texas could be in Colorado, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

An Amber Alert has been activated in Texas. Authorities believe the three may be traveling across state lines, possibly into Colorado. If you have information on where these three might be, call 911 immediately.

Just getting in and caught up.

Got my eyes WIDE OPEN.

I thought I made that clear, the boyfriend obviously didn't detect anything wrong with Miles since he didn't object to her living with him. I doubt the cops would have responded to a welfare check request if there wasn't a legitimate reason to do the check, asking the cops to check on your girlfriend because you think her roomie is shady isn't going to get them to act, they need a reason to check on her. IIRC the boyfriend hadn't heard from the woman for a day or two and that's why he asked for the welfare check. I know everyone is going towards this guy being some brilliant sexual predator but this doesn't come off like that type of case to me. Miles has no history of sexual impropriety with minors, no accusations, so far as I can tell he hasn't been accused by any adult women of a sexual crime.

I can't put my finger on why but I don't think these girls are in grave danger. I don't think he took them for the purposes of harming them.

Well, here's another thing to consider and I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but....how do they know for a fact that the girls are actually with him? Did somebody actually see them being kidnapped by TM, or is it an assumption based on the police finding the mother dead, etc? Is it because he is missing, too, that they are assuming the girls are with him?

Well, here's another thing to consider and I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but....how do they know for a fact that the girls are actually with him? Did somebody actually see them being kidnapped by TM, or is it an assumption based on the police finding the mother dead, etc? Is it because he is missing, too, that they are assuming the girls are with him?

There have been sightings of them with him:
Police initially said they believe he may be headed to Louisiana. On Monday, police said the last sighting of the group was in northern New Mexico and possibly southern Colorado.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-2-round-rock-children/503887389

Here in the U.S. "roommate" is a catch-all term to describe a person you live with. If it is a romantic partner then we tend to use boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/etc. Besides, it's pretty clear here they were nothing more than roomies since she had a boyfriend and obviously her BF thought the Miles was ok. I lived in Texas for 14 years and if one thing is a definite universal truth down there, a man isn't going to let his girlfriend room with a guy if he doesn't have absolute trust in that guy and his girlfriend that no hanky-panky is going on.

A "man isn't going to let his girlfriend room with a guy..."? Let? Seeing as men have no authority over the women they date and no power to make any decisions for them, I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Either they witnessed it, or knew he did it, so he took them. I'm wrong about cases on here a lot, though, so there's that. I'd like to think that if he wanted to harm them, he would've done so instead of abducting them, but we've seen that not be the case many times.

Best case scenario in my mind: He was asked to leave, got in a fight with Tonya, and intentionally or accidentally killed her. Then, not wanting to spend his life in prison, he took the girls so he could avoid arrest. Maybe he took them to hide out somewhere for awhile until he can leave them somewhere and go on his own, or kill himself when/if he gets cornered.

Also, just from viewing her FB, Tonya seemed to be a pretty progressive, open minded person. I'm not sure what some would call it, so I'll put it this way: if she lived where I do, she'd likely be considered odd, but she fits in just fine in Austin. Being that way myself, those types are often more open to someone that may seem a little off, like this guy. It's totally possible that he didn't seem like a creep in person, maybe just a bit different. I don't think she'd let him move in with her daughters if she thought he was the dirtbag he actually is. I was under the impression that they weren't roomates for very long, so maybe once she realized he was actually a creep and/or found about his past, she wanted him out. She strikes me as the type that would make her feelings known and not back down at all.

I'm sure she didn't know what a creep he was until after he moved in. But that was easily determined by only a free google search.

This was a preventable horror. She does seem like she was a great, devoted mother. So I'm not sure why she made such a fatal mistake.

Single moms should be ridiculously careful with whom they allow around their kids. Background checks for one. Get copies of their drivers licenses and check their social media.

Those wondering about the 3rd daughter: One of Tonya's friends that has been sharing the Amber Alert on Facebook stated the 3rd daughter was dead

I saw posts by the mom about childhood cancer. I wonder if her child died from that.

In my opinion he’s using the girls in case he gets into a hostage situation and holding on to one to control the other. I would venture he’s keeping the younger one in the car with him and sending the older one in to stores and such with the threat of killing the younger one if she messes up. A single child could make a break for it but holding one to use against the other would keep sisters in line I think.

Here is a photo of Tanya Bates. I hadn't seen one.

https://kxan.com/2018/01/01/neighbor-spoke-with-suspect-in-round-rock-abduction/
04b9808c8ec87b84445bce774630bbca.jpg

Anyone heard of any mention of a Father to either one of these girls?

Round Rock police on Monday identified the victims of two separate supicious deaths from New Year’s Eve and continue to ask for the public’s help in locating two abducted girls, the daughters of one of the victims.

Chief Allen Banks said police responded Dec. 30 at 10:36 a.m. to a welfare check call, made by a co-worker, to the home of Tonya Bates, 44, in the 2100 block of Leslie Court. But officers did not find anything suspicious at the time and left, Banks said.

Later that night, at about 8:30 p.m., Bates’ boyfriend called Round Rock police saying he was concerned about not being able to reach her or her children, Banks said.

Officers again went to the home, knocked on the door and searched the area and did not find a vehicle. They did not find anything suspicious, however, so they left but continued the investigation, he said.

After further investigation, police received enough information where they felt they needed to enter the residence, Banks said. Police entered and found Bates dead in the home and determined it to be a suspicious death, he said.

Police do not know how long Bates had been dead before their arrival, but an autopsy is underway.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/round-rock-police-identify-victims-suspicious-new-year-eve-deaths/brDUijQPpCIpwsojvKa2wO/

Call me confused but who is the other victim of suspicious death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail