Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. This just gets scarier.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I don't go by sightings as proof anymore. Not only did I learn that from here and other places that information like this can be wrong, but it can also be very misleading as well. Please know that I am not attacking you or your post- but I can't tell you how many cases where I've read "they were spotted at a gas station in Tinker's Cove, ME" only to find out once the case was solved, that this wasn't the case or folks simply called in similar cars with a man and two kids in it, thinking it was them.

The reason why I asked if there was absolute proof that he took them is because for all that we know, whoever did this to the mother might have killed him as well and took the kids. That's why I was asking if somebody- a neighbor, for instance, actually saw them get in the car with him before they took off, or if there is a video of them doing so.

I'm just skeptical due to other cases where well meaning folks reported seeing something similar and later on, it turned into a false lead. Thanks for your reply, though- much appreciated.

There was a case where a male babysitter was accused of abducting two children.
He was pegged as a child molester immediately because he was babysitting.
Oh he was vilified like you would not believe. Was a suspect.
Someone else had taken all 3 and murdered them all and stolen the car.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Hull-3-June-2012&highlight=jack+mac+girdner

Sure, anything is possible, and eye witness sightings can be wrong, but there is a reason police issued the Amber Alert and believe the girls to be with him. We don't know what the sightings are based on-- did a license plate reader or HWY camera pick up the car? Was there a report of them in a store and cameras show a similar looking trio? Did someone report seeing 3 matching the descriptions? We don't know how specific or credible the sightings are. However, LE wouldn't name him as a suspect if they didn't believe he had taken them, JMO. It has been several days now-- if he was murdered elsewhere, why wouldn't he have been found by now? Whomever murdered the mother apparently did not take time to hide her body, so why would they take time to hide his? And if he is alive but elsewhere and not with the girls, he should have come forward by now to clear his name.

The latest reports say the girls are in "Extreme Danger":
https://patch.com/colorado/across-co/missing-children-extreme-danger-could-be-colorado

NOT defending him just pointing it out.

Confused.

WHY was he living with the victims?

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Where's the father to the kids?

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!

There was a case where a male babysitter was accused of abducting two children.
He was pegged as a child molester immediately because he was babysitting.
Oh he was vilified like you would not believe. Was a suspect.
Someone else had taken all 3 and murdered them all and stolen the car.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Hull-3-June-2012&highlight=jack+mac+girdner

NOT defending him just pointing it out.

Thank you for your well thought out and helpful post. Just like that case you posted the link to, we have seen similar cases where the obvious answer isn't the right one.

Also, by now, if TM or whoever has them is smart criminal, they may have already switched cars and changed their looks around a bit {wigs, colored their hair, different make up, etc}

Like you, I am not defending that sick creep, I was just wondering how we knew for a fact that he has the girls and not someone else. I can see why he's the main POI, but he might not be the only creep out there.

Confused.

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!

Yep, it's kinda confusing. From the current known timeline, more at the link:

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 10:36 a.m.: Officers went to 2321 Leslie Court for a welfare check that was called in by Bates’ coworker. They didn’t find anything suspicious at the time and left.

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 8:30 p.m.: Bates’ boyfriend called the Round Rock Police Department worried because Bates’ wasn’t responding and neither were her two daughters. Officers went back to the home and once again didn’t find anything of suspicious nature. RRPD said there wasn’t a vehicle at the house and no one opened the door to the home.

Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017 noon: Last time the girls were seen in Round Rock.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/timeline-of-round-rock-girls-disappearance-and-their-mothers-death/

This article states Miles was only a roommate:

Banks added that from what authorities currently know, Mile was "just a roommate" to the girls' mother and there was "no relationship that we know of between him and Tonya."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...girls-after-mother-s-suspicious-death-n834051

From Tonya's FB it appears that she also had ties to Louisiana so maybe she knew Miles there? The house she lived in is a duplex and initially I thought maybe Miles rented the other half but that's not the case - LE clearly calls him her roommate. So what's the connection? And this:

“They asked me about her and the kids, and I didn’t know too much,” Reid said. “And then when I told them there was an actual man who lived there with them, I guess that’s when they had more police come in to look around and stuff.”

Several neighbors said the house had even more attention two weeks ago. “The complex people actually did come down here because they had a call come in for a domestic dispute, and they thought it was us,” Reid said. “I was like it’s not us, so I guess it was next door.”

https://kxan.com/2018/01/01/neighbor-spoke-with-suspect-in-round-rock-abduction/

So there was a police call for a domestic dispute earlier. It does sound like Tonya was trying to get Miles to vacate the house - or maybe the other way around? In an article posted last night someone - maybe the neighbor - said Tonya moved into the house in August and the wording sounded like she moved in with Miles. I'm looking for that link so I can't confirm right now. Maybe someone recalls it too?

ETA: I found one reference. It looks like Tonya, the girls and Miles all moved in together.

KVUE spoke with next-door neighbors who said the girls, their mother and the man moved in about two months ago.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-2-round-rock-children/503887389

Thank you for your well thought out and helpful post. Just like that case you posted the link to, we have seen similar cases where the obvious answer isn't the right one.

Also, by now, if TM or whoever has them is smart criminal, they may have already switched cars and changed their looks around a bit {wigs, colored their hair, different make up, etc}

Like you, I am not defending that sick creep, I was just wondering how we knew for a fact that he has the girls and not somebody else.

I believe the reason most of us believe the girls are with him is because the amber alert say's it's believed to be the case.

Yep, it's kinda confusing. From the current known timeline, more at the link:

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 10:36 a.m.: Officers went to 2321 Leslie Court for a welfare check that was called in by Bates’ coworker. They didn’t find anything suspicious at the time and left.

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 8:30 p.m.: Bates’ boyfriend called the Round Rock Police Department worried because Bates’ wasn’t responding and neither were her two daughters. Officers went back to the home and once again didn’t find anything of suspicious nature. RRPD said there wasn’t a vehicle at the house and no one opened the door to the home.

Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017 noon: Last time the girls were seen in Round Rock.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/timeline-of-round-rock-girls-disappearance-and-their-mothers-death/

This article states Miles was only a roommate:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...girls-after-mother-s-suspicious-death-n834051

From Tonya's FB it appears that she also had ties to Louisiana so maybe she knew Miles there? The house she lived in is a duplex and initially I thought maybe Miles rented the other half but that's not the case - LE clearly calls him her roommate. So what's the connection? And this:

https://kxan.com/2018/01/01/neighbor-spoke-with-suspect-in-round-rock-abduction/

So there was a police call for a domestic dispute earlier. It does sound like Tonya was trying to get Miles to vacate the house - or maybe the other way around? In an article posted last night someone - maybe the neighbor - said Tonya moved into the house in August and the wording sounded like she moved in with Miles. I'm looking for that link so I can't confirm right now. Maybe someone recalls it too?

Up thread, there is a post or two with a close friend's name that is on FB- perhaps you could ask her? She seems very gracious and willing to help clear things up, such as the deceased daughter.

Up thread, there is a post or two with a close friend's name that is on FB- perhaps you could ask her? She seems very gracious and willing to help clear things up, such as the deceased daughter.

Thanks, Steelslady! I found an msm article stating that Tonya and Miles moved in at the same time a couple of months ago. I edited my post to include the link.

I searched for the Sulphur Newspaper and typed in his name in quotes.

He was arrested in 2009 on Maplewood Drive for illegal possession of a firearm, second degree battery and resisting arrest.

http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/news/spd-report/article_d3b5664b-dd6c-589a-8940-b1d84b1aa045.html

Then again in 2011 for the one we know about on Fasske.

http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/new...cle_9bb67b4d-4d49-5be8-be2a-293bb75a3d73.html

I’m worried about spending $20 and finding nothing on him. You would think the media would pick up on the records and publish them if there was something there.

Maybe he plea bargained on the last arrest and that’s why his Facebook profile showed up in Sept 2017? 6 years for attempted murder? This is all conjecture, as far as I can tell, this guy never spent a day behind bars.

Confused.

Just throwing this out there. I bet she was looking for attorney's fees so she could challenge the nursing school for dismissing her. I don't know if this is common with nursing schools but back in college I was a work-study in the College of Nursing (I wasn't a nursing major myself though). In the course of conversation with the administrator I worked for she mentioned that if a student failed two classes in the program they were then dismissed from the program. So I said "well, lets say a student fails a course their first year in the program but makes their way through without another failure until they reach the last year and they fail one course their senior year, will you still kick them out and not allow them to graduate?" She said "Yes, the policy is very strict, two failures and you're out, even if it's your senior year. No do overs allowed."

I did notice that. And the son never likes any of TM's posts. Either the son is never on FB or they are estranged IMO.

In 2006 he was no longer allowed to visit his children, per court order. So I would suspect they are estranged.

If he was ordered not to be around his own children, then I would assume that something VERY bad happened and he probably shouldn't be around ANY children...MOO

I'm trying to see if there is any info available about TM in Vinelink but the website isn't working for me, the page is completely blank. Is anyone else having this problem?

Just throwing this out there. I bet she was looking for attorney's fees so she could challenge the nursing school for dismissing her. I don't know if this is common with nursing schools but back in college I was a work-study in the College of Nursing (I wasn't a nursing major myself though). In the course of conversation with the administrator I worked for she mentioned that if a student failed two classes in the program they were then dismissed from the program. So I said "well, lets say a student fails a course their first year in the program but makes their way through without another failure until they reach the last year and they fail one course their senior year, will you still kick them out and not allow them to graduate?" She said "Yes, the policy is very strict, two failures and you're out, even if it's your senior year. No do overs allowed."

From what I understood from reading the story on the fundraising page, she failed a math requirement. However...
From the section on Math Competency Examinations, p. 17 of the program handbook:

In addition to self-study, drug calculation classes will be offered. Structured remediation will be offered to students who are not successful on the math competency test.

As was admitted to Tonya, in text messages she received from faculty, and from her counselor, the program did not meet the handbook requirements, offering neither instruction nor remediation.

So, to me, it looks like she was trying through legal channels to have the situation remedied.

Such a worrisome case! The timeline confuses me on how long it's possible the girls were missing before anyone knew. Sounds like the boyfriend had reason to be concerned.

From one Lulu to another, I hope her and sister are okay.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If he was ordered not to be around his own children, then I would assume that something VERY bad happened and he probably shouldn't be around ANY children...MOO

He didn't appear at the hearing to defend his right to see his kids so a summary judgement was entered. Nothing necessarily terrible happened, he was refused contact because the court only heard the mother's side of the story, not his. If I were going to speculate he probably didn't have the money for an attorney to represent him in court so he didn't bother showing up knowing it'd be a waste of time.

He didn't appear at the hearing to defend his right to see his kids so a summary judgement was entered. Nothing necessarily terrible happened, he was refused contact because the court only heard the mother's side of the story, not his. If I were going to speculate he probably didn't have the money for an attorney to represent him in court so he didn't bother showing up knowing it'd be a waste of time.

Plus the DVRO's wouldn't work in his favor. I do think something very bad happened.

I was just looking through Tonya's facebook pictures and I am just sick to my stomach. She seemed like such a wonderful and involved parent. Little things like taking a picture of little Lulu on her first day of 2nd grade, and being proud of Lilianais making dinner on her own, things that I would post. ( I have three girls of my own around that age 8,9 & 14) I can only image how hurt and scared these two little girls must be, going from being loved and feeling safe by their mother to I can't even image what. It just breaks my heart.

That could be true or he could be referring to the two wellness checks that were called in and responded to before they had probable cause to enter the home by force. I am really hoping he drops the girls somewhere safe, very soon.

Since they were over the last two weeks I think it’s safe to say that they weren’t related to the welfare check, as he had only been gone two days before her body was discovered. She was still alive during those calls, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member