Do any of the Anthonys believe Casey?

Can't Sleep

Former Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling that no one in that family really believes Casey's story. I'm unable to really address why they defend her so staunchly, but their comments just don't jibe with true conviction.

Cindy says, "If there is one single chance that Caylee is still alive, I'm going to keep searching for her." But then she just kind of hangs out at home and hollers at people. No one has ever truly come out to the media and delivered a heartfelt plea for anyone to return the child. They've asked a few times for people to look for Caylee, but even that has sort of disappeared. If any one of them believed the child is potentially still alive, wouldn't they be coming out and pleading every night and offering those "no questions asked" kind of instructions to return the baby to them?

Can any of you point me to something that would make me think they (any of them) actually believe Caylee is alive and that they believe Casey's story?

Thanks

I get the feeling that no one in that family really believes Casey's story. I'm unable to really address why they defend her so staunchly, but their comments just don't jibe with true conviction.

Cindy says, "If there is one single chance that Caylee is still alive, I'm going to keep searching for her." But then she just kind of hangs out at home and hollers at people. No one has ever truly come out to the media and delivered a heartfelt plea for anyone to return the child. They've asked a few times for people to look for Caylee, but even that has sort of disappeared. If any one of them believed the child is potentially still alive, wouldn't they be coming out and pleading every night and offering those "no questions asked" kind of instructions to return the baby to them?

Can any of you point me to something that would make me think they (any of them) actually believe Caylee is alive and that they believe Casey's story?Thanks

I have thought exactly what you were saying for the last couple of months thank you for putting my thoughts into words.

Sorry, I cannot point to anything that would make me believe that they honestly believe that Caylee is still with us. You are so right, they would be out searching madly. I can completely understand the desperation in CA holding out hope but I wish she could both look for Caylee and in the meantime support the detainment of her daughter until Caylee is found.

I also believe that her parents know she is lying. In fact, I have even thought about maybe they're working with LE behind her back.

Can any of you point me to something that would make me think they (any of them) actually believe Caylee is alive and that they believe Casey's story?

Thanks

I think Lee and Cindy know exactly what happened. I think George i in a degree of denial, but also knows or strongly suspects, That's why he is the most agitated of the family, at this time.

Yeah, they don't believe her, but refuse to give her up. Even though they know their grandbaby is out in the elements alone. I don't get it. Seems Casey rules that house! SAD

Maybe I'm just a different type of person? I dunno. But I have to think that at first they might have believed her story, considering all the lies she had told them over time, they had probably heard of the so-called nanny before.

But faced with the mounting evidence, I cannot fathom how they could believe her at this point - too many unanswered and odd questions have arisen, and too many of her lies have been unearthed.

I only see two ways they believe her:

1. They are just as sick and warped as her. Difficult to believe that George and the brother are that "out there". Cindy seems to be just like her daughter, in many ways, so I could see her buying into the lies.

2. Complete and total denial that she is dead and it happened at the hands of their daughter. I think for anyone, that would be difficult to wrap your mind around.

Of course, when I see them smiling and doing the ol' high five, I makes me wonder what type of people any of them are.

Maybe I'm just a different type of person? I dunno. But I have to think that at first they might have believed her story, considering all the lies she had told them over time, they had probably heard of the so-called nanny before.

But faced with the mounting evidence, I cannot fathom how they could believe her at this point - too many unanswered and odd questions have arisen, and too many of her lies have been unearthed.

I only see two ways they believe her:

1. They are just as sick and warped as her. Difficult to believe that George and the brother are that "out there". Cindy seems to be just like her daughter, in many ways, so I could see her buying into the lies.

2. Complete and total denial that she is dead and it happened at the hands of their daughter. I think for anyone, that would be difficult to wrap your mind around.

Of course, when I see them smiling and doing the ol' high five, I makes me wonder what type of people any of them are.

Yep, they prolly did believe her at first. They have since lawyer'd up. That is very telling in the fact that GA and CA hired a criminal defense attorney. Now they are on defense 'mode'. So they will cover and protect her at all costs. My question is, 'does she know how many lives she is ruining'?

My question is, 'does she know how many lives she is ruining'?

Does she care? Nope.

While it is impossible to know or comprehend what they are going through, with the little girl missing and all the hysteria (i.e., protesters, intense media scutiny, death threats, lying daughter) surrounding the case, I find it interesting that on Nancy Grace they show a clip of George "going off" on a person asking about "Was it an accident?" In my mind, this is a telling fact, that makes me believe he knows but simply blew up once confronted with the "accident" question. I think she told them, or they suspect, that it was an accident and she panicked to cover it up.

If I had a family member in that situation, I'd prefer to believe it was an accident rather than the alternative. Wouldn't you?

Here are my feelings on this subject, I think that they CA,GA and LA all know that Caylee is not with us anymore, but until there are remains found they are going to hold out that one glimmer of hope. Remember her parents are the ones who brought her into this world and attempted to parent her to the best of their abilities. They are the ones who coddled her when she was a toddler, and started to see her true colors when she became a pre-teen and then a teenager, then they also supported her in every way when she became preganant as a teen, and then they made things possible for her to bring her baby into there home and CA tried to show KC the best way to raise her daughter and gave there granddaughter unconditional love, and I think it was at this point that they started to see the devious and manipulitive ways of KC and before they could try to stop her from self destructing it was to late..

I truly believe that CA & GA were completely willing to take Caylee in and raise her which I no doubt beleive would have been the best think for Caylee and all involved.

But KC thinks of 2 things herself & winning at all costs, so much like a scorned lover she decided that if she could not have Caylee that no one could, what would she say
to her friends when they found out she no longer had custody of her own daughter, and plus you also have the birth father whom I have never thought died in a wreck.

So what do you do after all the money & lies the only thing they could think to do was to dish out some tough love and tell her it was time she make it on her own, so that she could see exactly how hard it is to work full time and raise a family. I also think that when you look at one child Lee, that is older and seems to be doing well in life, and then you look at your other child who is anything but successful you start to guess what all you have done in the past to help create the monster that KC had become.

I think Kc would do anything to hurt CA and taking away her grandchild was the ultimate betral that she could do to hurt her mother and father.

I really feel that the grandparents hearts are destroyed and until someone can show them proof that Caylee is no longer alive that they will always continue to believe she is. And what are they suppose to do with KC they know when she is jailed that she will certainly not say anthing that might have had a clue tucked inside of it, but with her being out of jail and feeling that her family is supporting her and seeing exactly what this is doing to them that she might just say something to someone that will break this case wide open, they also know that they cannot confront her straight out because the info that she will give them will in no way be truethful. So they are damed if the do and damed if they don't, we all think that we would just take our kids by the face and tell them they need to tell the truth, but I dont think no matter what KC told them they would not be able to get the truth out of her no matter what.

You also have the fact that I am sure Baez has told all of the family that the house, the phones and the internet are all bugged and CA stated herself that she did not want to do anything that woudl hinder the investigation.

As far as going with the searchers to look for Caylee that would send a clear message to KC that they do not believe her and they think Caylee is dead again what would they expect to get from KC after that. I think they are just feeling that if they give KC moral support that they will at least get to spend a small amount of time with her before she eventually goes away for a very long time.

All I can say is that I belive that Cindy loved and was much closer to Caylee then KC would have ever been. And that Cindy would still do anything for Caylee, but going out and searching for your grandaughter in the woods knowing that if you come across her remains that will be the way you will remember her for the rest of your life.And I know that there is no way that I could find any of my family members this way. I also think Cindy feels extremly guilty for making KC leave and the fact she took Caylee with her and she got hurt must weight very heavy on her heart.

All I ask is that each of us take a few moments to think about how impossible this case is and that we may react the same way the family has if but in the exact same possition.

I know I hope I never go thru anything like this in my life

I think Cindy and George both know Caylee is gone. I think they are just trying like hell to hang on to Casey.

I really do think I would have cracked up if I were Cindy.

Does she care? Nope.

While it is impossible to know or comprehend what they are going through, with the little girl missing and all the hysteria (i.e., protesters, intense media scutiny, death threats, lying daughter) surrounding the case, I find it interesting that on Nancy Grace they show a clip of George "going off" on a person asking about "Was it an accident?" In my mind, this is a telling fact, that makes me believe he knows but simply blew up once confronted with the "accident" question. I think she told them, or they suspect, that it was an accident and she panicked to cover it up.

If I had a family member in that situation, I'd prefer to believe it was an accident rather than the alternative. Wouldn't you?

It very well could have been an accident, but that window has already closed as far as her defense goes.

If I was her lawyer, I would have asked her to 'give up the ghost', but she stuck to her fairytale story.

That says alot to me.

Deep, deep, DEEP down I think Cindy knows I definitely think George knows, and Lee prolly knows but is trying to get the truth. So, in essence, yes, I think they all know the truth but trying to keep Cindy pacified. I sometimes feel sorry for the protestors at their door, but then I back myself up with they could be out there looking with 1000 plus strangers too. I'm an Aquarius and that's how we roll. :)

Here are my feelings on this subject, I think that they CA,GA and LA all know that Caylee is not with us anymore, but until there are remains found they are going to hold out that one glimmer of hope. Remember her parents are the ones who brought her into this world and attempted to parent her to the best of their abilities. They are the ones who coddled her when she was a toddler, and started to see her true colors when she became a pre-teen and then a teenager, then they also supported her in every way when she became preganant as a teen, and then they made things possible for her to bring her baby into there home and CA tried to show KC the best way to raise her daughter and gave there granddaughter unconditional love, and I think it was at this point that they started to see the devious and manipulitive ways of KC and before they could try to stop her from self destructing it was to late..

I truly believe that CA & GA were completely willing to take Caylee in and raise her which I no doubt beleive would have been the best think for Caylee and all involved.

But KC thinks of 2 things herself & winning at all costs, so much like a scorned lover she decided that if she could not have Caylee that no one could, what would she say
to her friends when they found out she no longer had custody of her own daughter, and plus you also have the birth father whom I have never thought died in a wreck.

So what do you do after all the money & lies the only thing they could think to do was to dish out some tough love and tell her it was time she make it on her own, so that she could see exactly how hard it is to work full time and raise a family. I also think that when you look at one child Lee, that is older and seems to be doing well in life, and then you look at your other child who is anything but successful you start to guess what all you have done in the past to help create the monster that KC had become.

I think Kc would do anything to hurt CA and taking away her grandchild was the ultimate betral that she could do to hurt her mother and father.

I really feel that the grandparents hearts are destroyed and until someone can show them proof that Caylee is no longer alive that they will always continue to believe she is. And what are they suppose to do with KC they know when she is jailed that she will certainly not say anthing that might have had a clue tucked inside of it, but with her being out of jail and feeling that her family is supporting her and seeing exactly what this is doing to them that she might just say something to someone that will break this case wide open, they also know that they cannot confront her straight out because the info that she will give them will in no way be truethful. So they are damed if the do and damed if they don't, we all think that we would just take our kids by the face and tell them they need to tell the truth, but I dont think no matter what KC told them they would not be able to get the truth out of her no matter what.

You also have the fact that I am sure Baez has told all of the family that the house, the phones and the internet are all bugged and CA stated herself that she did not want to do anything that woudl hinder the investigation.

As far as going with the searchers to look for Caylee that would send a clear message to KC that they do not believe her and they think Caylee is dead again what would they expect to get from KC after that. I think they are just feeling that if they give KC moral support that they will at least get to spend a small amount of time with her before she eventually goes away for a very long time.

All I can say is that I belive that Cindy loved and was much closer to Caylee then KC would have ever been. And that Cindy would still do anything for Caylee, but going out and searching for your grandaughter in the woods knowing that if you come across her remains that will be the way you will remember her for the rest of your life.And I know that there is no way that I could find any of my family members this way. I also think Cindy feels extremly guilty for making KC leave and the fact she took Caylee with her and she got hurt must weight very heavy on her heart.

All I ask is that each of us take a few moments to think about how impossible this case is and that we may react the same way the family has if but in the exact same possition.

I know I hope I never go thru anything like this in my life

I can understand why the birth father was never in the pic....can you imagine putting up with Casey:eek:

I don't know if any of the A's believe KC but I do know that they want to believe her. It is almost childlike, if you wish something hard enough it will happen.

I believe every one of them know the truth and I cannot understand why every one of them have been all smiles in the photos that the news has captured. They all act as if there is some huge secret. I sure hope it is not money related. I have seen no mourning or missing Caylee from any of them. There are no bags under their eyes at all. My eyes have bags from missling sleep to search for clues to find her. I dont understand what is so funny. And High Fives? sigh...

I think that George and Cindy make a concerted effort every day to believe her because it is easier than having to believe the truth.
Which really doesn't say much for their mental state to have to decide on a daily basis which story they want to believe today. And that is assuming that they are not complicit in all this, because if they are, then Casey told the story before they could come up with a better one and they have to at least pretend to believe what she's spewing.

I think I am agreeing with an earlier post.... I feel they could know the actual truth and be trying to save their daughter, but I truly feel that in their guts they know the truth and are hoping against hope.

I think they are all diagnosable...and thus any "normal" (and I use that term loosely) human beings will not be able to insert themselves into the thought processes of this family; beit Lee, George, Cynthia, or the POI (for my own personal reasons I have ceased calling her by her first name re; the POI)

I think the Anthonys DO believe her. Why? Because if they didnt believe her, they would not have bailed her out, and there are no human beings that could sleep in the same house with someone who they thought murdered their grandchild. I know if she was my kid, I would be letting her sit in jail if I believed.

Yeah, they don't believe her, but refuse to give her up. Even though they know their grandbaby is out in the elements alone. I don't get it. Seems Casey rules that house! SAD

I know it's very sad. I would never be able to sleep at night even if I had the tiniest thought that someone I loved were dead & alone outside in the woods or a swamp somewhere.

It is obvious that she does rule the house, you're right. You can even tell this just by listening her talk with Cindy on her first call home. That is VERY telling IMHO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back