MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember that at all. There was quite a discussion last night in here about it. I'd love to know if this is true.

It was from the presser on October 4th. One second, I will try to find the video and the exact quote from LE.

You are correct. Electricians are frequently scheduled to do tie-ins at night so that work will not be delayed or interferred with during the day with the other crafts.

Contractor's wife. I know just enough to be dangerous, lol

It is SE of KC. Google map says it is approx. 220 miles./4 hr. drive.
Rolla is where Rowan Ford was abducted, raped and murdered a few years ago but it turned out to be the step-dad and his friend that were responsible.

Do you have a link to the AA info?

Just found this, but my phone said W/F, so i'm gonna guess the pic is correct and it is a M.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=672390

Mom was specifically asked whether the door was closed on the room she was in. She stated, and I know I remember this, yes- they closed the door to all the rooms at night. I know for a fact she said that specifically.

Again, I'm trying to put myself in her position. If I was sound asleep I may not notice if someone quietly came in and turned all the lights on. Also, if I had an outside dog, which I have many times, and he/she barked in the night- I wouldn't think anything of it bc they bark at things all the time. When they would bark non stop in the night, I'd get curious/worried and get up to investigate. Sooo, the sounds of the night may have been normal "white noise" to her and not have aroused any suspicion.

That said, I have two dogs- a yorkie and a shih tzu/maltese and they are barking as I type at what I'm sure is a deer or two behind the privacy fence out back. They sleep in my room and when they bark in the night, it wakes me but I wouldn't suspect anything was going on.

Idk, I want to believe the parents. But gosh..

[bbm]

1. It seems very strange to me for a mom with a baby--especially a SICK baby--to close all the doors, baby monitor or not. Almost sounds to me like an excuse to not hear anything.

2. I hate to judge anybody else by my instincts, but I do believe that most mothers--even if they were heavy sleepers before becoming a mother--hear every single noise in the middle of the night, especially if it comes from their child. I think they often wake even when there was no noise, if baby needs mom. Part of God's gift to mothers: instinct. I'm having a LOT of trouble with the concept that she slept through all this.

3. When I've had dogs, I've noticed the bark has a subtle difference if it's a "significant" bark.

I keep trying so hard to believe in these parents but am having so much trouble the longer this goes.

If Lisa was 10 months old (having trouble remembering back 35 yrs to when mine were that age) and sleeping in a crib, why the frantic search around the house? It's not like Lisa could get up and wonder off is it?

All I'm going to say about the dog situation is that they need to get another dog. A dog who is a 'born to be a guard dog". One who will bark if the lights go on in the family's home and when someone enters the home and takes a member of the family. I would fire the dog that they have in a heartbeat. Totally, falling down on the job.

Originally Posted by MyBelle
Ok, quick review:
1. baby monitor was on, Mom didn't hear a sound

2. dog always barks at noise but didn't bark at all.

Same lie of omission, imo. Neither the dog nor monitor alerted because there was nothing to alert to. What's next? Perhaps a silent singing canary?

JMO

Nope. I don't think you're losing it, Beane. The story doesn't work. I keep trying to make it work, but it doesn't. Leaves me shaking my head....

Where is she? [Ugh!]

Me too. I'm trying to make it work, but I keep saying, what kind of intruder turns on the lights?

Yep, a German Shepherd next door and their very own Black Lab in their own backyard and no barking, nothing, nada, nilch...........no. All righty then.

We have a German Shepherd. Believe me,she feels like it is her business what goes on next door in the yard. It drives me crazy but she feels like she owns the outside perimeter of all areas that she can see or smell. If someone was trying to climb into our neighbors window my dog would be going crazy that night. And there is a noted difference between her 'routine' bark when a neighborhood dog walks by and when she thinks someone is lurking in the bushes.

Perhaps LE could re-enact the event to expose all these gaping holes in her story, as she watches the dog bark, etc. Then right there use the best confession getter on the FBI team they have and get the confession.

I don't think they need to re-enact it. I think they got it on day 1, per their having said to Mom on that day - 2 days before she even took the poly - that she'd killed baby Lisa.

I don't know what happened to Lisa. I don't know who did what. I just know this story doesn't work.

It's just chock full o' little mistakes".

Her explanation of her animation the day she stopped cooperating with police. During the Interview tonight, she was shaking her had no a lot, also re-watch her explanation of why she was upset. If I were LE the place they were searching when she got upset, then need to go back and really search again with a fine tooth comb. I think those phones or baby is there.

I can and have slept through a fire in my garage, an earthquake, accidents right in front of my house, and major storms.
My daughter can climb into bed with me and I would not notice until morning.
I leave every single light on in the house when my husband is not home.
I have learned to ignore my dog's incessent barking at everything that goes bump in the night.
If my husband found my younger daughter missing from her bed in the middle of the night my first thought would be that my older daughter had moved her to her room if she had woken up in the night.

Given those thoughts - I am not ready to deem the mom guilty just yet. But if she is guilty then she belongs on World's Dumbest Criminals because she is certainly not doing herself any favors.

Me too. I'm trying to make it work, but I keep saying, what kind of intruder turns on the lights?

Hummmmmmmmmmmm :waitasec: I'd say the same kind of intruder who turned the lights on in the Haleigh Cummings case.

I don't remember that at all. There was quite a discussion last night in here about it. I'd love to know if this is true.

Yes, I remember that LE spoke to the two boys right away... I don't know if LE has since spoken to them again...But I hope so.. I noticed in that interview we just saw, when she was asked what she first thought had happened she said she thought one of the boys had picked Lisa up... I think we're getting a little sliver of truth at last...MOO

That's one of those things stg that make us moms scratch our heads. I could even hear my children click the light switches.

I'm trying to give this mom the benefit of the doubt, But something about her story and her demeaner smell.

imo

Same here. Two nights ago, my daughter came in and was sleeping on the floor. I actually heard when she started peeing in her sleep in the middle of the night and wet the floor. It woke me up.

My DH was out of town and it threw everyone's schedule off and none of us slept well. With Jeremy being gone for the first time at night, I can see the youngest son getting in bed with the mom. Other than that, nothing else makes sense... seems like they would have been sleeping lighter than normal? JMHO

I've asked this before, if mom killed baby Lisa per LE (or per mom saying LE said this), how come cadaver dogs did not pick up Lisa's scent?

Am I the only one that kept the doors closed and the monitor off when my kids went down for the night??

Lots of times, LE "knows" things or seems to, and there is no resolution, i.e. Kyron...Susan P....etc...

Well, that is a really small house... I am sorry but I do not believe that she slept thru some sort of movement/kidnapping, lights on, ect... God gave us women/moms instincts for a reason... I have a much larger home than these people...no monitors as my girls are older and I can still hear the fridge open from my bedroom 50 ft and 4 rooms away at 7am...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998