Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

imo it's unusual.
I've seen skulls from hundreds of years ago and the teeth were intact.

That is usually a mummified skull or one who had been buried intact even swaddled or found in frozen ground undisturbed all that time.

From what I understand this skull has been out in the environment above ground and imo that is an entirely different situation. We have had some extreme weather conditions in the south these past few years plus this skull being found above ground could very easily also be ravaged by wild animals in the area.

Had all the remains been buried deep in the ground all this time the teeth would be there but that is not the case from what I have read.

imo

http://www.local8now.com/home/headl...-former-Holly-Bobo-search-site-274272481.html

Human remains found near former Holly Bobo search site

Posted: Sun 5:06 PM, Sep 07, 2014

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is on the scene in Decatur County investigating the discovery of human remains.

Decatur County is the same county where 20 year-old Holly Bobo disappeared in 2011.

NewsChannel 5, the CBS affilitate in Nashville, has confirmed a hunter found a human skull not far the home of Zach Adams.

Isn't the community where the Adam's property is located called Holladay?

I may have it wrong though.

Yes, but it might be confusing....

There is a small town called Holladay, and the rural area around it for some distance would also be classified as Holladay even though it's a ways from the "town" itself. So on a map you have ..

[This is Benton County]
* Holladay (town area)

____________ county line
_____________ I-40 which runs just south of the county line in this area
Adams Rd * about 1 mi south of I-40

Parsons *
[This is Decatur County]

FWIW the County Corner Rd is N of I-40 but S of the county line, and about 4.5 mis due W of the Adams place.

One important note is that if this turns out to be Holly, the location would be just off of Bible Hill Rd and could open the door to very different scenarios.

We could have a case of someone grabbing Holly, taking her straight north up Bible Hill right past Gooch Rd (where some of her stuff was found), to just past I-40 and then a left turn on County Corner, and killing her/dumping the body the day she was taken. Per Google, it's less than 14 miles, a 28 min trip, and she could have been dead and dumped before 8:30 am that day.

The TBI strongly stated they are not linking the remains to the Bobo case at this time. They will be conducting DNA tests to confirm who those remain belong to. It will take some time for results.

http://whnt.com/2014/09/07/human-remains-found-near-former-holly-bobo-search-site/

??? You would think they would "rush" the testing....

I think they are just being cautious. They don't want to get anyone's hope up especially the Bobo family incase it isn't Holly.

Is there anyone else missing from this area?

to answer the question about any other missing persons.......

Sheriff Byrd points out that there are two other missing people cases in Decatur County and it’s unknown how long investigators will be combing through the new search site.
Read more at http://www./1460305/holly-bobo-huma...pect-zachary-adams-house/#4S7RTHhrdCqHcE6s.99

Sheriff Byrd points out that there are two other missing people cases in Decatur County and it’s unknown how long investigators will be combing through the new search site.
Read more at http://www./1460305/holly-bobo-huma...pect-zachary-adams-house/#4S7RTHhrdCqHcE6s.99

From what I understand this skull has been out in the environment above ground and imo that is an entirely different situation. We have had some extreme weather conditions in the south these past few years plus this skull being found above ground could very easily also be ravaged by wild animals in the area.

Had all the remains been buried deep in the ground all this time the teeth would be there but that is not the case from what I have read.

The weather and elements will not destroy the teeth in a skull. The teeth, not the skull, will last longer in such conditions.

back to the ginseng hunters having found the skull info, ginseng involves digging down to the root of the plant as the root is where the money is. So I guess it is possible that the skull was buried but it would be shallow at best. IMO I believe the skull was found above ground. no link, just my gut feel.

true weather may not harm the teeth but could play a role in them separating from the skull and being scattered some distance from it. I am thinking more of heavy rains or flooding in low lying areas, similar to what we saw with little Caylee Anthony.

Right now it is all simply speculation.

some food for thought on the forensics involved for those who are not squeemish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletonization

NatGeo special about the body farm and the work they do there

[video=youtube;GCyiczAcRBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCyiczAcRBY[/video]

I am not one who ever believed she is alive at this point. If this is her then it is some sense of closure for her family. I just don't see how it will help with convicting someone responsible. I want someone held responsible!

I have a question that may have been well vetted in the past, but that has always puzzled me, and this examination of new places and distances in the area brings it to my mind again.

Decatur is a tiny county, and the Bobo's lived not far from the middle, so any other place in this county couldn't have been far away. When Holly's mother was told by CB that Holly had walked into the woods with her bf, her immediate reaction was that it could NOT be him.

But, if I'm not mistaken, to her knowledge he was somewhere in the county. So how could she know that it wasn't him? Getting to the Bobo house from elsewhere in the county couldn't have taken long. I've always found that certainty to be incredibly odd.

thank you Imamaze, for a thread to discuss this development while we await official identification of whose remains these are.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Bobo's-I cannot imagine this agony. The waiting never seems to stop for them. Their daughter was kidnapped, walked into the woods and never seen again apparently except for the person(s) who likely killed her. Now this. They are living this nightmare under the scrutiny of the whole world still...I hope that they receive answers soon and Holly receives some kind of justice.

Wow ... Just tuned in to WS and saw this latest news.

Thank You all for the updates and off to get caught up.

:please: :please: :please: for Holly and the Bobo Family !

"The skull, Byrd said, was not buried in the ground, and no other evidence was found.

Two people are missing in Decatur County, including Bobo, he said. He said forensic testing will be able to determine how long the skull has been there, and DNA tests will be done to determine whose skull it is."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-indication-remains-are-holly-bobos/15260603/

just saw this, thank you. So skull was not buried, not even in a shallow way when found.

I think that when the TBI downplayed the idea that this is Bobo, it was simply a statement of fact and not an attempt to manage expectations. This discovery may have nothing to do with Holly Bobo.

In Decatur Co alone, Holly is only one of 3 that they are looking for. And this skull site is right at the intersection of 4 counties, so for geographical proximity it could as easily have been a case of a missing deceased from Benton, Carroll, or Henderson county. If each county has 3 missing of their own, that makes it better than a 90% chance it is NOT Holly, and certainly nothing limits it from being a farther-away case.

Yes, but it might be confusing....

There is a small town called Holladay, and the rural area around it for some distance would also be classified as Holladay even though it's a ways from the "town" itself. So on a map you have ..

[This is Benton County]
* Holladay (town area)

____________ county line
_____________ I-40 which runs just south of the county line in this area
Adams Rd * about 1 mi south of I-40

Parsons *
[This is Decatur County]

FWIW the County Corner Rd is N of I-40 but S of the county line, and about 4.5 mis due W of the Adams place.

One important note is that if this turns out to be Holly, the location would be just off of Bible Hill Rd and could open the door to very different scenarios.

We could have a case of someone grabbing Holly, taking her straight north up Bible Hill right past Gooch Rd (where some of her stuff was found), to just past I-40 and then a left turn on County Corner, and killing her/dumping the body the day she was taken. Per Google, it's less than 14 miles, a 28 min trip, and she could have been dead and dumped before 8:30 am that day.

Okay, that makes sense of why they're saying "near." Ten to fifteen miles isn't near in my book, but with the roads the way they are and the places where her possessions were found, it all fits neatly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back