SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting photos on suspect's FB of rock piles on his property that he's working. Wonder significance? He's been posting that he's been moving lots of rock. He's got the machinery. He could be digging and burying graves all over this 95 acres that could never be found.
He was also trying to id a plant that stays green during the winter to put around his fence. Hence more privacy, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He and his ex now both have profile pictures of Brandon Lee from The Crow. If it's not her posting, I'll eat my hat.

Your post 118...

Did both profile pictures change *after* , or did just one of them change, or did you just notice after that they both were the same?

What did he think he was going to do after next year is up? This could be a factor in his crazy behavior.
He would have not had to submit to the new requirements only those licensing after the date it became mandatory.

It is horrifying to think there are people like that in the world, much less someone you work with or have had in your home. God bless the whole area, I cannot even imagine how everyone who has had dealings with him must be feeling right now.

I'm utterly lost about these other unnamed SM websites being mentioned. Can someone fill me in?

I read one article that quoted another realtor from the area, who said this came as a shock to him because he'd always known TK to be professional and friendly. I can't imagine how crazy it must feel to know you've had a working relationship with someone, who seemed perfectly normal and like every other Joe Schmo realtor in the area, and then find out the guy is responsible for the kidnapping of a young woman he's held captive for months in a freaking locked and chained metal storage container! I don't know if I could ever trust my judgement or instincts ever again.

I know that psychopaths can easily hide their true self in society, and many are even described as charming people, but something like that would still rattle the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ted Bundy worked at a crisis call center.
I believe it was a suicide prevention call center.

Ann Rule wrote about working alongside him at the crisis center and then his path of killing.

I have to respectfully disagree. We have no idea what LE was doing, investigating, try to get warrants for - behind the scenes. These kinds of tragic crimes don't play out like a 1 hour episode of Criminal Minds. It's entirely possible that behind the scenes and totally unbeknownst to us, they taking the proper legal and procedural steps to get warrants for Facebook to give up the IP address of the person posting from Carver's FB acct. These things take time, often a lot of time. But just speculating here ....maybe they were finally able to obtain the IP address of the computer/device making those fake FB posts, then had to continue to investigate whether they were posted with a computer or device (smart phone)....then do whatever was necessary if confirmed they came from a phone to determine who that phone belonged to, then ping that phone, etc. There is SO much that goes on behind the scenes that the general public has no clue about. Even when LE has a lead they have to follow proper steps and protocols to obtain more info on that lead such that should it pan out and the case goes to court that nothing gets thrown out. It's not fair to blast LE based only on what is made known to us. And for all we know maybe they were aware that KB had recently began working for TK prior to her disappearance but they had reason not to divulge such info. Maybe they did speak with him long ago but clearly the guy's a sharp cookie, and they didn't have enough to get a search warrant to search him/his property/arrest him. There's just so much that we don't know.

I get that there are legal hurdles involved and warrants take time. I didn't expect this to be resolved the same day they were reported missing. Warrants are obtained and searches happen much faster in other missing persons cases with way less to go on. I really hope police were just "playing dumb" to fool TK but I really don't think the wheels were set in motion on anything in regards to this case until a couple weeks ago when the case got a bunch of attention and they started getting backlash from the public on their lack of progress. LE's response back then was this:

Anderson police Lt. David Creamer told the Daily Beast that he does not believe his office has attempted to contact Facebook in an attempt to discover who is posting these things.

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”

That was at least 2 weeks after the creepy messages started appearing on Facebook. LE didn't even say that they were working on getting a warrant, or that they didn't have enough to get a warrant at the time. So unless this was all a big lie to fool a suspect, there is major incompetence in that dept. IMO.

Ok, so whoever this is updated FB yesterday to say CD married KB. And has been responding to comments. And what does the comment from AA about a "draft" mean?

And that they bought a house. And K's pregnant. And that it isn't CD, but someone they lived with. This is just insane

Still catching up on this thread and it is so interesting going back and reviewing everything now.

Post #170 above..

That the Facebook hacker said they were buying a house together.

And now we know he was a realtor...

:thinking:

I made it to the end! Saying prayers for K and Charlie, their families and LE and sleep.

He has a few parcels of land for sale. Not just houses, but vacant lots it seems.

Dear god. Investigators could be searching for a while. Not only do they have the place on Woodruff, but potentially 5 or 6 vacant lots as well.

BBM. I'm sorry but this is not something LE should be patting themselves on the back for. They are so lucky she was found alive. I get that resources are limited, but 2+ months to get pings and IP addresses is unacceptable, especially considering the red flags that LE were well aware of early on. I'm so thankful KB is still alive, but just peeved that LE is basically congratulating themselves after dragging their feet.

That's typically how long it takes to get the cell records from the provider. LE has to get the warrant, send it to ATT or whomever, and then they have to wait for them to release the phone logs. It often takes 4 to 6 weeks. I don't see how we can blame LE for that.

there was a fb post, can't find it now but a ways down(edit, august 2015)- where he talks about a tenant (woman, as he uses "she") and how she didn't pay her rent so she has no right to privacy- very bizarre i hope they question, check with past tenants. also, august 31st.
"Its wednesday, the trash people picked up my trash at 5:30 this morning... this post is still way more interesting than whats on the news.. carry on."
seems very telling. as if he is playing with the fact that something was in the trash :)() and that it was information he knew that others didn't - like he got one over on the others, he is smarter or whatnot. he seems a pretty sick person. and i have a feeling there is a lot to analyze in the fb.

That was at least 2 weeks after the creepy messages started appearing on Facebook. LE didn't even say that they were working on getting a warrant, or that they didn't have enough to get a warrant at the time. So unless this was all a big lie to fool a suspect, there is major incompetence in that dept. IMO.

Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in cases that we forget that LE doesn't have to tell us anything and frankly, probably shouldn't. We still have very, very little info to go on and no idea what info they had at any given time. I'm not saying that they didn't make mistakes or miss the importance of some stuff but I think it's harsh for us to sit here and criticize them when we know next to nothing. This is a terrible situation with a better outcome than most expected and it may be years, if ever, before we possibly get any answers at a trial. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very pro LE and have followed plenty of cases on here and elsewhere to know full well that it isn't like an episode of Criminal Minds, but I have seen
couples missing before and their phones were pinged almost asap. Not hard to get a warrant when the couple is missing in their car, they could have gone off road anywhere, like a lot of us thought.
They've pinged phones fast enough to save people in those instances so I'm left wondering why this poor girl was left in a crate for 2 months.

Just off a 2 second google search I could find a couple missing late Fri/early Sat and they had their phone pings by the following Wed. The dog left behind unattended to should have been a clue
they didn't just run off to start a new life, gosh, they had just started a new life together. IMO there was no reason that girl had to suffer that long.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1655071874822626&id=100009594893372&pnref=story
Read the comment he made referring to the peacocks, I don't think Charlie is alive.

I know, my stomach sank after I read this. I have zero hope for Charlie unfortunately.

In case anyone missed this, I'll paraphrase. On one of his posts TK mentions that he hates birds,
a friend posted back that peacocks are cool. Tk's response was "the only c**k on this property is mine".

I sort of get the impression that he would get off on killing a guy and "taking what was his". Especially considering the ruse he used to commit his juvenile rape
(tricking a girl into thinking her ex boyfriend wanted to talk to her).

Oh my word, that's a damning report indeed! This guy should have been on some sort of list, I wonder when he was signed off by pychs. Crazy (both him and the situation)
To be honest (and not to say this guy is not sick, awful and preveted), but I was researching another case using Justia, which only lists appellate courts published cases (many others are unpublished and these are ONLY review courts) and there are hundreds like him. Reading through those cases, it is so scary to know who lives among us and the sick things they do to people.

The world is a VERY disturbing place sadly.

Just catching up.
This is local for me, about a 20 min drive south. Chilling to say the least, especially with the new serial killer show coming on A&E?

Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in cases that we forget that LE doesn't have to tell us anything and frankly, probably shouldn't. We still have very, very little info to go on and no idea what info they had at any given time. I'm not saying that they didn't make mistakes or miss the importance of some stuff but I think it's harsh for us to sit here and criticize them when we know next to nothing. This is a terrible situation with a better outcome than most expected and it may be years, if ever, before we possibly get any answers at a trial. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

with respect it won't be a "better outcome than expected" unless Charlie is found alive, praying for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member