OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMS and first responders cannot discuss what they witnessed with patients without breaking federal laws on confidentiality. Federal confidentiality rules begin with the patient's conception and extend beyond their death. There are very expensive penalties for violating HIPAA.

HIPAA Violation Penalty Structure

Each category of violation carries a separate HIPAA penalty. It is up to the discretion of the OCR to determine a financial penalty within the appropriate range. The OCR considers a number of factors when determining penalties, such as the length of time a violation was allowed to persist, the number of people affected and the nature of the data exposed. An organization´s willingness to assist with an OCR investigation is also taken into account.
The general factors that can affect the level of financial penalty also include prior history, the organization’s financial condition and the level of harm caused by the violation. These factors could decrease or increase the financial penalty issued.

The Pathologist is subject to HIIPAA rules as well as the morgue technicians. Gossiping about the victims and then being fined $50,000 is just not worth it.

Yes, all that is true. However, I am here to tell you that EMTs, medics, and other emergency medical professionals discuss things. It's a way to debrief.

Unauthorized viewing and copying medical records leaves an electronic trail. The people who have been fired for HIPAA violations are those who have viewed actual written records without the necessity to do so. Every time you open electronic medical records a trail is left that is traceable by the compliance department.

Employees who violate HIPAA can be put through the disciplinary process. Usually this starts with coaching, then verbal warning, then written warning, and on up the scale if the violations continue, up to and including termination.

Immediate termination can occur with blatant violations, such as sharing information with the media, and copying records to remove from the office.

Fines are only issued to individuals who sell photos or copies of medical records to the National Enquirer or other outlets.

But will a person be fined, or even disciplined, for speaking about something they have seen? No, it doesn't happen.

We haven't heard of a jury decision in the autopsy report court case. Does it mean a decision has not been made? Isn't it overdue now?

I'm trying to just copy and paste a link but it keeps posting the video. A city councilman in an Ohio city may propose that people who overdose for the third time not get treated.

[video=cnn;health/2014/08/26/orig-am-animation-brain-on-heroin-sanjay-gupta.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/health/ohio-overdose-proposal-trnd/index.html[/video]

Here's the article that made it onto our internet newspaper a few days ago. He sounds like a really caring kinda fella. /s
http://www.journal-news.com/news/mi...-responding-overdoses/PUUgYB815ROOGRxIP28bTP/

That is in Hamilton, Ohio. He says revive them with Narcan twice with a chance to get rehabilitated. If called a third time, they don't get Narcan. If I remember right they are on line to spend $100,000 on Narcan this year.
In a similar story, Dayton, Ohio has revived a guy with Narcan 20 times....
T

Yet the fella who is an alcoholic, and downed a minimum of 1/2 case a day, for decades, and minimum of two - three packs of smokes per day, whose liver is shot, and is eat up with cancer, gets all the stops pulled out for them for two solid years. No insurance, no home, no car, nothing but two belongings left at the hospital upon his death; A t.v. and a timex for his kids to remember the old fella by, well I say old, he looked older than his father, but this fella was in his early 60s. Not that anyone didn't want him to have treatment but everyone saw it coming. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances that there is. Maybe OH can get Big Pharma to pay up for some of the med bills like Big Tobacco had to do a few years back.

My point is, just b/c people are addicted to something legal doesn't mean that they aren't piling up massive bills the same as those with addiction to substances that are illegal. Either way, it's an addiction. I'd have to go with save their life.

Tobacco eventually kills over a third of people who use it. (But if they got the settlement from Big Pharma I wonder who it would really benefit. Would it be used like the Big Tobacco Settlement was used?)

http://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2...tlement.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Tobacco eventually kills over a third of people who use it. (But if they got the settlement from Big Pharma I wonder who it would really benefit. Would it be used like the Big Tobacco Settlement was used?)

http://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2...tlement.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Yes. They'll use the money to help their political cronies. Create a "commission" or somesuch with the funds and employ their political friends to run it. Give out big contracts for PR campaigns to the same advertising/PR companies they use when they run for office. Several years ago, they sued some pharma companies for overcharging Medicare and Medicaid patients for cancer treatment. None of that went to help cancer patients who had big medical expenses. It went back into the treasury to pay for pet projects.

The cases of newspaper companies in Ohio Supreme Court over Rhoden family autopsy reports are still dragging on

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1153

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1115

They're assigning 2 new judges to these cases. More conflicts of interest? Doesn't say.

Pushing for the autopsy reports in court did finally get LE moving on the Rhoden murders. What is in those reports or what will come from releasing them that makes DeWine, et al so worried?

If not for the news media, this case would be getting nowhere now.

The cases of newspaper companies in Ohio Supreme Court over Rhoden family autopsy reports are still dragging on

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1153

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1115

They're assigning 2 new judges to these cases. More conflicts of interest? Doesn't say.

Pushing for the autopsy reports in court did finally get LE moving on the Rhoden murders. What is in those reports or what will come from releasing them that makes DeWine, et al so worried?

If not for the news media, this case would be getting nowhere now.

Thanks. What is "in camera" filing?

Thanks. What "in camera" filing?

In private, in the judge's chambers. That was when the supreme court justices reviewed the unredacted autopsy reports themselves to see if there was a reason to keep them from news media access, as required by law.

I guess two of the justices said "there's no reason to keep these AR's hidden", so they temporarily replaced them with two other lackeys for this case. Wonder which judges they replaced?

I still have to laugh when I see Justice Maureen O'Connor's name signed to anything. Remember the time she got pulled over for speeding by the Ohio Highway Patrol and decided to crash her car into theirs? That was back when she was Lt Gov.

Nice to meet you SHE lol... I understood your post. Saying that the retractions would eventually lead to no murders and the R's lying on a beach somewhere... that is how the Media seem to lead to now... Our local college here have changed textbooks on History so they are politically correct, but the facts are changed so drastically that the students are learning "facts" that are not correct and therefore HISTORY IS CHANGED. I see this happening in this case. It won't be solved because the facts have been changed. So sad for this Country...and I am afraid my Post will be changed.

BBM

It is my pleasure to meet you Renee. I greatly enjoy reading your posts. I agree with what you are saying, the media seem to be backing up on this whole thing. And we have yet to hear another word on the autopsy reports.

This is true. However, SK novels are weird, and this is weird. It kinda reminds me of his "Under The Dome" though. Nothing was making it outside of that town. It's like a dome has descended over Piketon, and only certain persons are permitted to speak of the Rhoden murders, and other folk's voices are filtered out by the The Dome. Only the chosen one's voices make it through the filter of The Dome.

I loved that book, the TV show wasn't bad either. Nice analogy.

BBM
I have looked at this thing six ways from Sunday, every day since April 22nd, when it broke down this way. I've said this many times on here, I've lived, and worked, in Appalachia, my entire life. The majority of it was working in non-profit for those who may not be as fortunate as others. I get my hackles up when folks start going after the poor and the powerless. That was not my intent at all. Unfortunately, murder, like drug abuse, knows no boundaries. People kill kin, friends, strangers, spouses... As far as the victims go, I have known people very similar to them, throughout my life. I don't see them as bad people at all and don't really think they were doing any more than growing a little weed, to supplement their income (if they were into anything bigger, I'll be surprised). I do think that it is possible that they could have gotten caught up into something with a close connection who they'd been friends with and ultimately tried to back away. That's just one of my side theories.

Like trafficking with the W's?

According to AW, BW and CR1 were best friends. But she says nothing about the confrontation that family and neighbors said occurred a few weeks before the murders. When things go sideways, the best of friends can be the worst of enemies. I feel sure that things went sideways in a hurry when the W's tried to get HR to sign away her rights and let them take little SW 4000 miles away to Alaska. I can see CR1 and DR blowing a fuse over that.

Ever wonder what was in those homes that they had to confiscate them to keep from public knowledge? I can't imagine the smell in those homes if they have been kept sealed up. They would be a biohazard by now. What would they have done if they were homes that could not be moved?

Like trafficking with the W's?

According to AW, BW and CR1 were best friends. But she says nothing about the confrontation that family and neighbors said occurred a few weeks before the murders. When things go sideways, the best of friends can be the worst of enemies. I feel sure that things went sideways in a hurry when the W's tried to get HR to sign away her rights and let them take little SW 4000 miles away to Alaska. I can see CR1 and DR blowing a fuse over that.

Possible, but, here again, all we have is hearsay on if that really happened, or as to how bad the fight really was. I've never heard a neighbor speak about it. It was said to have taken place at CR1's, and CR1's only close neighbors are deceased. Even if it took place at DR's, her closest neighbor is further away than mine. I could probably here something caught on the wind but not make out actual words at my closest neighbors house. Now, if they get on their porch, or drive, and yell, HEY!!! at me, and motion me toward them, that I am able to understand, and I'd go see what they want. I'm thinking, if this went deep, it was much deeper than pot (as Reader has alluded) or custody, and it went a couple steps beyond GW3, AW, JW, GW2, the Rs, and HHG. It may not be though, but stranger things have happened. If it goes along with a little side theory that I have it could really shake some s**** up.

Ever wonder what was in those homes that they had to confiscate them to keep from public knowledge? I can't imagine the smell in those homes if they have been kept sealed up. They would be a biohazard by now. What would they have done if they were homes that could not be moved?
We don't understand it, but apparently, someone does:

K*** Rhoden, the daughter of K*** Rhoden, is the executor of her dad's estate. She, too, would like access to his camper and his personal things. But, she said her dad taught her to be patient and she's trying to be understanding of the process.

"It does kind of limit our grieving and yes it's odd. I have never heard of or seen where they took entire homes for such cases, a lot of people find it odd," she said. "But there is a reason for it, believe me there is ... it's for a very good reason that does make sense."

She declined to elaborate.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ourtroom-battle-brewing-rhoden-case/90729690/

I wonder fairly often. It makes me angry so I try not to dwell on it because those families will likely never get those possessions back, and if they do, what in Heaven's name will they do to get the odor, blood, mold, and other toxic stuff that is probably growing on them, off of them?

Possible, but, here again, all we have is hearsay on if that really happened, or as to how bad the fight really was. I've never heard a neighbor speak about it. It was said to have taken place at CR1's, and CR1's only close neighbors are deceased. Even if it took place at DR's, her closest neighbor is further away than mine. I could probably here something caught on the wind but not make out actual words at my closest neighbors house. Now, if they get on their porch, or drive, and yell, HEY!!! at me, and motion me toward them, that I am able to understand, and I'd go see what they want. I'm thinking, if this went deep, it was much deeper than pot (as Reader has alluded) or custody, and it went a couple steps beyond GW3, AW, JW, GW2, the Rs, and HHG. It may not be though, but stranger things have happened. If it goes along with a little side theory that I have it could really shake some s**** up.

No. CR1 neighbors are not all deceased. A cousin lived there for a while, although i dont have MSM. He was likely living there when it happened

Based on where they live, I do not see how a neighbor could have heard anything first hand if there was a verbal confrontation. I think what they have said is hearsay based on hearsay.. There is pretty much no way to tell fact from fiction or hearsay in this case.

No. CR1 neighbors are not all deceased. A cousin lived there for a while, although i dont have MSM. He was likely living there when it happened

I'm pretty sure he was moved out by the time this happened, this was said to have happened, iirc, a 7-10 days or so before the murders. Where the other guy moved to was too far for him to hear anything. If he was there, he's not spoken up. Thus far we've only heard hearsay from the one's who were not there at the time of the fight, unless they're not telling us that they were there at the time of the supposed fight.

I hadn't noticed til now, but Cincinnati Enquirer reporter Chris Graves is in Alaska

https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

She's been reporting from there for the last few days. Lol I'm out of the loop.

:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member