Off Topic-better known as the Kitchen Sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just us two here too. His dad bolted once I found out I was expecting.. didn't come around until about 2 years ago... and while they see each other they aren't especially close.

cherish the times with your dd. I'm sure the changes may be a little hard, but so many wonderful opportunities and just different ways of closeness will occur.

Just as we get older, we will always be "kids" to our parents, the same goes with the kids. While we become parents and adults, they are still our "parents".

Oh, you guys make me feel so old! My son and I sorta grew up together too. He is 24 now, but his dad and I divorced when he was 10. I had really never been alone in my life until then and when the ex left, it was just my son and I. No family and really no friends either. I have so many happy memories of that time. It was hard financially but I was proud of myself for everything that I did on my own and I enjoyed being with my son. He is now a truck driver and lives with his girlfriend across town. He is gone for weeks at a time so its always good when he comes over. I do miss the "good old days" though.

I'm old.... an older 1st time mom. I was 36 when I had him.. I could easily have a child starting college or already be a grandparent. :blowkiss:

At least he is close.... and you can see him often.

I also have a daughter that is 17 Junior in high school I can't believe she will be a senior next year omg where did the time go???? I cant imagine what Tawni's mom Deborah must be going through.....Im soooo soooo sorry for your loss I truly am.....

Hi everyone! This is my first post in the Kitchen Sink! I just wanted to say how wonderful it has been to work with such a great group of people! You guys are some of the best sleuthers around and I'm honored to have worked on this case with you all!

I'm a relatively younger mom. I got pregnant at 19 and had my DD when I was 20, so I know what you mean, Lucy's mom, when you say you and your daughter "grew up" together.

I'm 27 now, and she's a beautiful, intelligent 7.5 year old. She just had her first day of school today! I can't wait to give her the biggest bear hug on the face of the planet when I pick her up from my mom's house tonight!

Aww... I hope she liked her first day of school Dee.

Lol about the White Sox comment, I noticed the Twins were catching up with them but haven't checked the standings since last week.

I'm trading a Cubs ws for more cold cases to be solved...

We'll be at the game Sunday! I can't wait. The only one we'll get to this year... unless their are playoffs.. and then we'll see.

I'm 27 now, and she's a beautiful, intelligent 7.5 year old. She just had her first day of school today! I can't wait to give her the biggest bear hug on the face of the planet when I pick her up from my mom's house tonight!

Hi Dee! Squeeeze the heck out of her okay...and tell her to stop growing!!!:blowkiss:

I'm old.... an older 1st time mom. I was 36 when I had him.. I could easily have a child starting college or already be a grandparent. :blowkiss:

At least he is close.... and you can see him often.

Yes, I'm very lucky. I need to call him soon. He just came home today from being on the road, so I'll get to see him tomorrow or this weekend. Everyone, grab your kids and squeeze them tight!

I would like to thank everybody for working on this case. We all had our own thoughts and ideas about many different things concerning Tawni. We didn't always agree but were capable of allowing each other to have his or her own opinions. I am very happy but also sad to see who she was before this tragic event. She was a beautiful girl and I am sure she was also a beautiful person. God Bless All of Us! We did make a difference. ~~~~R.I.P. Tawni~~~~

I would like to thank everybody for working on this case. We all had our own thoughts and ideas about many different things concerning Tawni. We didn't always agree but were capable of allowing each other to have his or her own opinions. I am very happy but also sad to see who she was before this tragic event. She was a beautiful girl and I am sure she was also a beautiful person. God Bless All of Us! We did make a difference. ~~~~R.I.P. Tawni~~~~

We did TL... and ooh were there some nights I had to step back, take a breath and think before hitting send. Even with those moments we all did work incredibly well together and everyone's thoughts and opinions were respected. It has been an honor working with everyone here.

On that note, where are Zanko and Fairy? neither of them have logged in yet today!

I agree, it has been an honor working with you guys/gals! I look forward to solving many more cases with you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member