IDENTIFIED-Tawni Lee Mazzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Tawni's family: I am so, so sorry for your loss. I hope you know that you have a virtual family here with us, and not a day has gone by in the past few months when I and countless others have not thought about this case, and the beautiful girl behind it.

Dirge Without Music

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely.
Crowned With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned.
Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew, A formula, a phrase remains,--but the best is lost.
The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love, -- They are gone. They are gone to feed the roses.
Elegant and curled Is the blossom. Fragrant is the blossom. I know.
But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses in the world. Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave,
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

I had to bring over Aphras post because it was so touching and appropriate. I wish I had the right words. Oh, I wish I did. Does anyone really at a time like this? Although many of you certainly can put your feelings to words much better than I. Rest in peace beautiful Tawni. Our hearts and souls are joined with yours until we truly meet some day.

I was never ever going to give up I knew this young girl had to have a family some where that loved her. I have cried all day and after seeing her picture it even breaks my heart more.

I was never ever going to give up I knew this young girl had to have a family some where that loved her. I have cried all day and after seeing her picture it even breaks my heart more.

Thank you Teresa...you have been here through a lot...many tips, many ideas...you rock! We finally have a name for this beautiful girl. Thanks for NOT givin' up!

Rest in Peace, Tawni Lee Mazzone. You will, and have been be truly missed!

What a gorgeous, gorgeous young lady. She is just a shining star. I have been crying all day.. and everytime I see her picture I sob even more.

I knew there was hope yet! Thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication!

Like I have it written under my hat, I really believe that they speak to us, if we'll just open our hearts and listen. Christine, Believe, bless your hearts for listening to Tawni.
I can't help but smile despite the tear in the corner of my eye, looking at that picture...The whimsical little grin on that beautiful face, its just how I see her now, watching all of us.

Welcome home, Tawni.

Tawni's family is in my prayers.

talk about this case real time.

to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

What a beautiful girl.... I am praying for the family. She is finally going home. Where all the missing belong -home.

On the other hand good job all of you that worked so hard to bring her home. I am in awe of the good that was done . You never gave up and that is something to be proud of. You brought a beautiful child home. God Bless you all.

WOW! Wow! Wow.....wow!!!! That's about all I can say....I am so happy that she has been identified. She was absolutely beautiful!

RIP Tawni. Prayers and thoughts for Tawni's family.

Rest in Peace, Tawni Lee Mazzone, my thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends.

Websleuthers, you are such a caring bunch, I am sure you feel a big load off your shoulders now that Tawni has been identified. And so you should.:blowkiss:

longstem_red_rose_graphic.jpg

I am in shock and cant find words to express my feelings , they are like a whirlwind.
I feel a since of relief for the girl known as MJD. My sympathies are with Tawni's family.

fromHeisner, Jodie <JLHEISNER@abc15.com>
toChristine <christine2448@websleuths.com>
dateThu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:12 PM
subjectRE: [Fwd: MJD police report from FMW63]
hide details 8:12 PM (35 minutes ago) Reply

Christine-

Thanks to you and all of the websluths for all of your hard work on this case. How amazing that MJD finally has a name... beautiful Tawni.
Here at ABC15 we are working hard to get the rest of the details together to tell this story the way it needs to be told. By giving it time and really showcasing it. We now have some more interviews to get in order to tell the rest of this story.
I will be sure to send you all a link as soon as it airs. You will be able to watch the story online.
My heart goes out to the family.

Jodie Heisner
Special Projects Producer
ABC 15 KNXV-TV

To Tawni's family~

Our hearts are with you as you grieve the loss of your beautiful girl. There are no words that can ease your pain and sadness, but know that so many are praying for you to find peace and comfort. To know Tawni now has her family, her name, and her history back is one prayer answered. She was a beautiful young woman and she touched so many people even after she was gone. This is a testament to her spirit.

Bless you through this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Rest In Peace, Tawni Lee Mazzone. You are home.

O my Gosh! The work you Sleuthers do is amazzzing!!

to Tawney's family I offer my sympathy..

Christine and Believe, great job on this case as to the rest of the websleuthers, may this beautiful girl finally rest in peace. I have been following this case for about a year, but never posted on this thread. I am just glad her family can also quit wondering what happened to her

omg poor little tawnis face was in more dreams than i can count and eventually brought me to this site. you guys have worked so hard for her. i can't tell you how much lighter my heart is knowing she has finally gone home in a sense. and that she only suffered on the streets for a short time.
i can not imagine how horrible it would be to not know where my daughter was. having a child pass on hurts so much but at least you know where ur child is, not knowfing has to be even worse.
any way u guys are amazing.
terri

I was a conduit only-there are too many to name that contributed but I would like to mention some of the white hats that stepped up-
Suzi Dodt, Maricopa County ME. With the thousands of poor souls she has touched in her lifetime, she never let this one go cold.

Det. Lankaster- he snatched the cold case from the files of a neighboring county and continues to pursue justice in this complicated, heartbreaking case.

Michael- Tawni's brother who set in motion these events as they have unfolded in the last 24 hours by googling and finding a lovely UID who clearly needed her name back.

Tammi- the aunt who took a leap of faith first emailing and then calling strangers to find information regarding her long lost niece.

Deborah- who had the strength to call a complete stranger and share a private moment of grief and pain when her heart told her head that her daughter was before her on the internet as a deceased child.

Angie and Vashley88- whose compostites of the UID created with such sensitivity from her morgue photos generated the recognition that ID'd Tawni.

Phenol- whose posting on City Data led the family to WS and the positive ID.

FMW- The contribution of the police report, the ME report and finally the pictures energized this case and caused Tawni to be found.

Fairy, Cubby, SS, Teresa, Reb (who started this whole thing, lol) Dee, absinthe, Marstan (both former members) and all who searched, guided, dissected, ranted, laughed and cried with us!

And of course, Christine2448 who kept us on task and facilitated, guided and freaked out with me the last 24 hours....

Thank you Tricia for giving us the bandwith to work together for this kind of an outcome.

Peace.

Wow. I've been overjoyed until seeing her picture, and seeing it now makes me quite emotional! It instantly brought tears to my eyes....tears of sadness, tears of happiness.......she was so pretty.
Ditto that, eleven!! When I saw the notice that MJD had been identified, I was so happy!! Now I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face at the tragic loss of this beautiful young woman. I can't imagine how her family and friends must be feeling, my prayers go out to them to find some comfort that Tawni can now rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305