IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me this will be resolved soon. My mind says LE are just building their case.

I think back to the Mickey Shunick case: She managed to fight back, stab her attacker (he went to the hospital for the wounds), and it still took something like 1.5 months to arrest the guy.

I am at a loss for why the discussion of who died first or who he would have grabbed first causes so many people to get upset??? Its relevant to the case its relevant to trying to catch this perp. We have a very bad pic, trying to figure out a bit about his personality which we can gather clues about him from the crime. Yes Libby was taller, more athletic and weighed more than Abby that is a fact. If we are looking at who he could physically control easier than Abby would be the logical choice. I get this is an emotionally charged crime we all feel it but can we try to put some of that aside to have constructive conversations or is this just going to be about our feelings and trying to defend where defending is not necessary?

I know it's hard at times to understand .... I look at it this way.... If I were to post something am I also willing to say it directly to the victim's mom? Am I willing to say it directly to the person I think might have some involvement? If I were in their shoes would I be comfortable with the things posted? Obviously not everything is happy stuff and will be uncomfortable but as a victim friendly forum we tend to err on the side of caution.

I think many cases have been solved by people submitting what you call nonsense.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I highly doubt that.

Going with my first example, if a case was solved by LE talking to RSOs in the area then it was solved because LE was looking into RSOs to begin with, not because one (or 1000) people called about it. They know how to do their job. Going with my second example, do you really think LE needs us to tell them that the guy might have used a weapon, or that there might be an outline of a gun? Don't you think LE looks at the picture?! (Not to mention, they, unlike us, know how the girls were killed). As for the third example, don't you think that they come up with their own maps, drawings and sketches based on ALL the information that's not known to the public? Again, none of these are TIPS. They aren't necessarily "nonsense" (and some of these theories might end up being correct), but they are not tips, and they are not going to solve this crime.

I wave the white flag on this topic..... Fine since talking about the crime as it may or may not have happened accomplishes nothing then that should end all bridge discussions as well cause it doesn't matter where they were on the bridge when the crime happened. No more maps cause thats irrelevant. The only thing we will focus on are the pics of the perp and our feelings? Can we make another thread for those of us who want to theorize and are open to hearing what others may think happened. Im not offended by anyones ideas of this crime, the more people willing to theorize the better IMO. If I'm alone on that one I will respectful remain quiet on those topics and only discuss what the thread wants.

I think difference is that the discussion about the girls' characteristics and details of the crime we don't know has the potential to be hurtful to family members. Talking about the topography and layout of the trail, etc., does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it possible that BM isn't the killer? LE has made mistakes in the past. What if he is totally unrelated, just a drifter or afraid to come forward because he doesn't want the attention or possibly wanted for another crime.

What would the discussion be if there was no picture? I am very afraid this case is turning cold, I don't see it being solved by identifying a fanny pack (no wait, its a long brown hoodie).

They know he's the killer 100%. The images of him were captured from a video taken of him... from the girl's phone, presumably, not long after those images were captured, a male voice is heard from that same video recording, so who else could it be? It is honestly absurd to even consider he isn't the killer.

very quiet in here today :( the girls were dropped off at 1pm so when was LE notified?.... This gave the sp so much time to take off. He can be anywhere :(

Hello, first time posting but have been following. Anyone familiar with the area, how far from the bridge is a place called Indiana Packers Corp and what exactly do they do there? Thanks

I know it's hard at times to understand .... I look at it this way.... If I were to post something am I also willing to say it directly to the victim's mom? Am I willing to say it directly to the person I think might have some involvement? If I were in their shoes would I be comfortable with the things posted? Obviously not everything is happy stuff and will be uncomfortable but as a victim friendly forum we tend to err on the side of caution.

I can honestly say that I have not said anything on this thread that I would not be willing to say to the victims family. All of my theories have been made with pure intentions. I would hope they would be able to see that those of us who are talking about these uncomfortable topics are doing so in an effort to help catch this person. I have made theories without judgement to the victims or their families. I can 200% say that if I was ever god forbid in the families shoes and I saw a thread with hundreds of people on it 24/7 trying to figure this crime out looking for something anything to help solve it, making their own theories and trying to back it up with maps and other missing people I would be very touched, it would make me feel good to know so many people cared. But maybe thats JMO

Another good video about the trail and the bridge starting from in town. At 35:51 you can see the road underneath on the SW side and how steep some of those slopes are to the river

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKbqb_szEU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the video Nana. I just started watching it and only got a little bit, noticed two things right off.

1. Hearing the footsteps in the crunchy leaves give me chills....reminded me of the same sound on LE's video clip.

2. It would be very easy for a perp to hide under the end of the bridge lurking until a victim or victims crossed above him, as has been mentioned before. Scary. (9.11)

Back to watching.....

I think many cases have been solved by people submitting what you call nonsense. I wouldn't want anyone to teeter on whither to send a tip or not. LE knows how to sort through it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Agee! Sometimes the smallest most inconsequential seeming detail, can make a bust.

(Have people never watched Columbo?
"Oh and just one more thing" :) )

I wave the white flag on this topic..... Fine since talking about the crime as it may or may not have happened accomplishes nothing then that should end all bridge discussions as well cause it doesn't matter where they were on the bridge when the crime happened. No more maps cause thats irrelevant. The only thing we will focus on are the pics of the perp and our feelings? Can we make another thread for those of us who want to theorize and are open to hearing what others may think happened. Im not offended by anyones ideas of this crime, the more people willing to theorize the better IMO. If I'm alone on that one I will respectful remain quiet on those topics and only discuss what the thread wants.

Chiming in here since I was the one who originally posted the question to those people who are stating they think Abby was the target vs Libby or vice versa.

My point was, there are so many posts where people start their dialogue with "I think..."

I think the perp was gone from the crime scene within (x number of minutes)
I think he was visiting the cemetary
I think .... fill in any blank

Sleuthing and bouncing ideas off each other is beneficial, however, if there's no basis to why someone thinks that, then I'm at a loss as to why I should consider the point--thus my comment that I personally scroll on by comments like this. I am not telling anyone how to post....just that if the poster could give a hint as to how they came to that conclusion, it would be more helpful in putting the pieces of this horrid puzzle together.

Simply saying "I don't think he has a wife" is vague. (And I'm using hypothetical examples with all of these).
For new members, which I am one, I'd be most interested to know why you think that? Is that a characteristic to a SK (if he is one) etc.
Timelines, case maps etc are (IMO) extremely useful. They have a purpose. Get my drift? :fence:

very quiet in here today :( the girls were dropped off at 1pm so when was LE notified?.... This gave the sp so much time to take off. He can be anywhere :(

Just seems to me that every avenue has been exhausted.:)

There really isn't much more to say.

Just waiting on news/update.

I honestly don't think anyone there knows this guy.
I'm in this camp with you. IMO, it speaks volumes that with all the info, pictures and audio put out there it actually helps develop a better profile.
IMO, this is a loner, non married possibly lives with elderly parent (s) and IF he has any siblings, ex's or child(ren) they are in a different state that
this case is not so well known, ex: Georgia, or far west states.

But we aren't talking to the family, we are posting on a website on the internet, a website dedicated to 'sleuthing crime.' It's perfectly appropriate to discuss & theorize as to how the crime happened, even if some find it distasteful. ‎Imo

Just seems to me that every avenue has been exhausted.:)

There really isn't much more to say.

Just waiting on news/update.

Exactly, until the next press conference by LE about potential updates in the case, there really isn't anything to add at this point over 2 weeks into the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa