11 Revolting Things Government Lets in Your Food

I saw this thread the other day and my smarter instincts said don't click on it you'll be sorry. I saw it again this morning and my smarter instincts said don't click on it you'll be sorry but my curiousity got the best of me and I clicked.

:puke:

Instincts are there for a reason. :banghead:

I saw this thread the other day and my smarter instincts said don't click on it you'll be sorry. I saw it again this morning and my smarter instincts said don't click on it you'll be sorry but my curiousity got the best of me and I clicked.

:puke:

Instincts are there for a reason. :banghead:

sorry steely! i was just so outraged after seeing it that i felt i had to post it... i just wanna know whose job is it to count said revolting items in the food products? yuck... i couldnt have that job and EVER eat again! the one i really dont understand is the cigarette butts... wth? how could that get into anything by accident?

all the other revolting items occur in nature naturally...kwim? but cig butts dont!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqYGv5J8uU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfglo9N06H0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOEI1bEiR4&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18KzwK5gMtA[/ame]

sorry steely! i was just so outraged after seeing it that i felt i had to post it... i just wanna know whose job is it to count said revolting items in the food products? yuck... i couldnt have that job and EVER eat again! the one i really dont understand is the cigarette butts... wth? how could that get into anything by accident?

all the other revolting items occur in nature naturally...kwim? but cig butts dont!

My oldest DD ordered $40 worth of steamed shrimp from a seafood place my youngest DD used to work at. When DD & her BF go to the bottom of the bag they found a cigarette butt. She called the restaurant and the guy literally told her "touch chit" and hung up on her. Now, my oldest DD is bi polar and you DO NOT hang up on her over something like this. Youngest DD confirmed that many times this man would steam the seafood in the back w/a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. God only knows ow many people ate ashes unaware,
So she takes whats left plus the butt to the store and stand in line with everyone else. When her turn comes up (and there are mnay folks behind her in line)she again shows the guy and says what are you going to do, I want my money refunded or replace this with another $40 worth of shrimp. He basicly laughed at her, she was so enraged she threw the whole container with cocktail sauce and everything at him and walkd out. So did everyone behind her.
The next day she called me and told me the story. I called the health department in her county and got connected to the people who do food i inspection in restaurants, they were VERY interested. Especially when I told her my other DD worked there and knew for a fact this guy (who was the owner) smoked all the time while in the back cooking. She said she was sending 2 peopel from her department out, they had one person who investigated customers moking in restaurants and one person who investigated empoyees smoking in unauthorized areas in restaurants. I dunno what the outcome was but the lady was pretty steamed on the phone. I am sure she made sure they got right dow to business with the complaint.
In our state no smoking is allowed in restaurants, public places, government buildings, hospitls, etc. I am old enough to remember when smoking was allowed everywhere, even, believe it or not young folks, in your hospital bed.

Oh the times they are a-changing, and for the better. My target date to stop smoking forever is august 31st. I promise not to be a PIA to others who are smoking in places designated for smoking.

Peace
abbie

OK, that was grose and I lost my appetite to eat anything for breakfast. Nothing seems "safe". Hope you haven't made me permanently paranoid....

:blushing: sorry abbie, i think i wont ever post a thread again...lol or eat mushrooms again either!!!

My oldest DD ordered $40 worth of steamed shrimp from a seafood place my youngest DD used to work at. When DD & her BF go to the bottom of the bag they found a cigarette butt. She called the restaurant and the guy literally told her "touch chit" and hung up on her. Now, my oldest DD is bi polar and you DO NOT hang up on her over something like this. Youngest DD confirmed that many times this man would steam the seafood in the back w/a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. God only knows ow many people ate ashes unaware,
So she takes whats left plus the butt to the store and stand in line with everyone else. When her turn comes up (and there are mnay folks behind her in line)she again shows the guy and says what are you going to do, I want my money refunded or replace this with another $40 worth of shrimp. He basicly laughed at her, she was so enraged she threw the whole container with cocktail sauce and everything at him and walkd out. So did everyone behind her.
The next day she called me and told me the story. I called the health department in her county and got connected to the people who do food i inspection in restaurants, they were VERY interested. Especially when I told her my other DD worked there and knew for a fact this guy (who was the owner) smoked all the time while in the back cooking. She said she was sending 2 peopel from her department out, they had one person who investigated customers moking in restaurants and one person who investigated empoyees smoking in unauthorized areas in restaurants. I dunno what the outcome was but the lady was pretty steamed on the phone. I am sure she made sure they got right dow to business with the complaint.
In our state no smoking is allowed in restaurants, public places, government buildings, hospitls, etc. I am old enough to remember when smoking was allowed everywhere, even, believe it or not young folks, in your hospital bed.

Oh the times they are a-changing, and for the better. My target date to stop smoking forever is august 31st. I promise not to be a PIA to others who are smoking in places designated for smoking.

Peace
abbie

She should have, IMO;

*Kept the shrimp to show the health inspector and or news people.

*When the guy told her, in the store, to get lost she should have walked down the line of those waiting and showed everyone the bag with cigarette butt in it.

yeppers steely i very much agree! what an ahole this owner sounds like! grrrr...

OK so all of those things were gross when put in magnified photos like that but thank God they're usually so small I don't pay attention. I just took to wondering, if there are insects that like to eat asparagus on asparagus farms how is anybody going to prevent it unless using a lot of insecticides which I might not want in my food either?

Now, bugs I can deal with. We watch Andrew Zimmern religiously around here, and he eats those things by the ton. Mr. Mr. E took the teen Mr. Es to Universal Studios a few weeks ago and brought Baby Mr. E and me back a small box of BBQ-flavored larvae, which we devoured, mostly for the yuck-factor, as they didn't taste like much.

But "foreign matter." Ewww. Cigarette butts or ashes? I don't want people smoking near my food, that's disgusting.

I think I can even forgive trace amounts of hair or feces, as I imagine it would be near impossible to keep that junk out of food that is processed in factories. As long as I don't see or taste it, I guess I can deal (wish I didn't know about it, though -- ignorance really is bliss).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back