Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

Whole lotta medium rains, thunder, internet off, cursing as a result, dog subsequently leaving room in disgust, etc., here in NE OK this a.m.

Dark skies and big big thunder here in NWA. Big fat drops of rain starting to fall. Wind picking up. Temperature starting to rise. (I was taking comfort in the fact that it was so cool and hoping that would keep the whirlies away).

WASHINGTON AND BENTON COUNTIES IN ARKANSAS ARE UNDER A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY

UNDER A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY, HAZARDS INCLUDE...
HAIL UP TO ONE-HALF INCH...
WIND GUSTS TO 50 MPH...
MINOR FLOODING IN AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE...

Severe Storms Possible Across Parts of Southern U.S.

The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon & evening from eastern New Mexico across parts of northern Texas & southern Oklahoma & into the mid-Mississippi & Tennessee Valleys. The main threats will be large hail & damaging winds and the greatest threat for severe weather overall is across eastern New Mexico into the Texas South Plains region.

http://www.weather.gov/

MCDONALD, MO

Areal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 7:53 am CDT on June 5, 2013, expires at: 2:00 PM CDT on June 05, 2013

The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a

Flood Advisory for... Barton County in southwest Missouri... Cherokee County in southeast Kansas... Crawford County in southeast Kansas... Jasper County in southwest Missouri... McDonald County in southwest Missouri... Newton County in southwest Missouri...

until 200 PM CDT Wednesday.

At 748 am CDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Radar has estimated rainfall rates up to one inch per hour.

Runoff from this heavy rainfall will cause minor flooding. Creeks...streams and low water crossings will be especially susceptible to the dangers of flooding. This advisory includes but is not limited to the following low water crossings... Highway 43 at Buffalo Creek west of Anderson... north main and Murphy Boulevard in Joplin... business Highway 60 just north of Neosho... Highway 37 at the Spring River southwest of Avilla... Highway 7 at little Cherry Creek north of Columbus. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/weather/alerts#ixzz2VLjNBaye

Is AK supposed to be Arkansas (AR)? Or have they moved Alaska (AK) next door to us?
lol

LOL!

I suppose LA in this case is Louisiana? I need the Louisiana weather. Hurricane season is here already.

:rockon: Raine1212!

Special "Welcome to Your Summer!" day here with 93% humidity, soaked grass trapped beneath an iron grey sky.

Having a big thunderstorm here in northeast Louisiana right now. Lost internet for a time as well as my Direct TV signal. The thunder actually shook the windows! Love the rain but hate the storms.

*Flash Flood Warning in effect until 5am in my parish.

Southern Nv here...severe heat advisory in effect today, not particularly unusual for us June thru September, but nonetheless can be draining as you carry on. Humidity is currently 14% which is better for my complexion than 4%, still drying though.

My heart goes out to all of you enduring this recent spate of storms & their aftermath; I would, however, be amenable to borrowing an overcast sky or two, just for the shade...LOL

El Reno tornado was upgraded to an EF5 with 296 MPH winds and a base of 2.6 miles wide.

http://kfor.com/2013/06/04/update-el-reno-union-city-tornado-widest-tornado-on-record/

This gives Oklahoma the record for EF5's. This is crazy that they would have 2 EF5's in a month.

http://tinyurl.com/jwbqmzx

A National Weather Service official said preliminary EF5 ratings of Friday’s tornado in El Reno have not been verified by storm damage on the ground.

“I think that rating needs to be reviewed a little more,” said Greg Carbin, weather service warning coordinator, in an online news conference sponsored by the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes.

On Wednesday, radar wind speed indicators of more than 295 mph were used to give the storm the rare EF5 rating, the rarest and most destructive tornado on the rating system.

But Carbin said that rating was preliminary and no on-ground damage has been found that would indicate the storm was greater than a EF3.

This would be my area.

http://beta.weather.com/weather/ale...ance=W&wxlayer=radar&zoom=8&camefrom=national

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 284 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 19 COUNTIES

AUSTIN BRAZORIA BRAZOS BURLESON CHAMBERS FORT BEND GALVESTON GRIMES HARRIS HOUSTON LIBERTY MADISON MONTGOMERY POLK SAN JACINTO TRINITY WALKER WALLER WASHINGTON

TWC Breaking@TWCBreaking
twitter_bird.png

Tornado Warning for Polk County in TX until 5:00 PM CDT weather.com/weather/alerts…

ADAIR, OK

Areal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 7:13 am CDT on June 17, 2013, expires at: 10:00 AM CDT on June 17, 2013

The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued an

small stream Flood Advisory for... central Adair County in northeast Oklahoma...

until 1000 am CDT

at 700 am CDT...Doppler radar indicated that between 3 and 4 inches of rain has fallen over the area around Westville... Christie...baron...Proctor and just north of Stilwell. Streams and creeks in the area will likely be running close to bank full for the next few hours. Rain will diminish by 9 am.

Locations that will continue to be affected by heavy rain include...Westville...Proctor and Christie. Shell branch...baron Fork...green and Peavine creek will see significant rises. Low water crossings will likely have fast moving water for several hours. Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross safely. Vehicles caught in rising water should be abandoned quickly. Move to higher ground. Lat...Lon 3582 9450 3583 9481 3602 9480 3604 9454

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/weather/alerts#ixzz2WTly60W2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Letters
Back