Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #5

I wonder is Michele has got to see her son and if the son was ever told who his mom is since he was so little when she disappeared? Im so rooting for a happy ending with that.

Me too!!! I've been hoping something good will come from all of that.

During a State of the State address at the Medina Performing Arts Center on February 24, Ohio Governor John Kasich presented Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight with 2014 courage medals.

Click on the link below to view more info, a transcript, pics, and links to all the major articles on the event.

http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com/apps/blog/show/41725089-oh-governor-honors-amanda-gina-and-michelle-2-24-14-

Also, here's a YouTube video of the ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riOVrXzZRBY

Michelle is incredible. I wish her every happiness from now on.

Sorry guys, I have been so bad about posting lately. Here is the latest:

- There is yet another book about the Cleveland Kidnappings coming out. It's called "The Lost Girls" by John Glatt

- Somehow we overlooked this book in the past, but the book "Essays from Seymour Ave" by John Horst Hoyer came out last summer.

- Lifetime is allegedly making a movie based on Michelle's book. Kate Mara was rumored to be playing Michelle Knight, but she denied it via twitter.

There is plenty more news out there. Just go to http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com/apps/blog/ to read more.

As the frequent posters already know, Michelle's book is coming out May 6th. Just a couple more weeks to go! Hope everyone has pre-ordered it. I am personally purchasing both copies (hardcover & e-book). Hope we can all come back together and discuss it on WS.

Charles Ramsey's book is coming out May 1st :naughty: I could not possibly care less.

Oh, and Amanda's birthday is tomorrow! I can't post pics from the party right now, but you can see pics of Amanda and Gina here: twitter.com/clevelandkidnap

I have honestly never met one person who really like Joan Rivers. Most people find her a joke.

Joan Rivers has always been very mean-spirited in her humor. Way back in the day, I remember her making very snide comments about the appearance and hair of Karen Duffy (she was the MTV VJ "Duff," way back when MTV actually played music videos)...and it turned out that Duff was seriously ill with neurosarcoidosis. (Which, she hadn't been public about to that point, so Joan Rivers didn't know...but still, snarking on someone's appearance is a pretty cheap form of humor, especially because you never know what someone might be going through at the time.)

What floors me about Joan Rivers is this: when her husband Edgar committed suicide, I was waiting for a flood of revenge "I'd kill myself if I was married to Joan Rivers, too," jokes, especially because the suicide happened right after she'd been all over the news for several particularly hateful "jokes" at others' expense. And since she always argues that anyone in the public eye should be able to handle mean-spirited humor, I figured it would be the perfect time for one of her targets to get some "turnabout is fair play," you know? But not one person said anything ugly or hurtful at all. NOT ONE. Nothing but loving and supportive comments from everyone in Hollywood. (Which is as it should be, of course.) And I always figured that she might remember that, when she was at her lowest and most vulnerable, nobody milked her tragedy for their own amusement, and it might make her more humane. But no.

There is one small thing that makes me feel sorry for her. I remember reading a serious interview with her years ago, and one thing really stuck with me: she said that, in her entire life, no man had ever told her she was pretty. Not once. Not her father, not even her husband. And yeah, she's no oil painting, and looks shouldn't be what matters anyway and we shouldn't tell boys they're smart but only tell girls they're pretty...but for heaven's sake, every father should tell his little princess that she's beautiful, and every husband should tell his wife that she's beautiful. Everyone needs someone else on earth to tell them they're beautiful, at least once. So it's no surprise that she's a little bitter and twisted, and that she often says mean things about other women and their appearance. (Also explains the loads of plastic surgery, I would imagine.)

Michelle will be on the Today show tomorrow (5/2) and Monday (5/5), Dateline on Sunday (5/4), and Dr. Phil on Wednesday (5/7). She is also doing AC360, but I'm not sure when. http://www.clevelandkidnappings.com/apps/blog/show/42196502-michelle-s-upcoming-appearances-may-2014

Here are previews of the Today Show & Dr. Phil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtzX9mZGw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tENLOS43OjI

I can see why Michelle's son's adopted family is not going to turn over their child to Michelle to be reunited or go live with her and disrupt the life he's known for over a decade & the parents who have raised him. But I hope if and when he has questions about his bio parents that his parents will be truthful with him. If not, I hope when he is 18 he will learn the truth and that he & Michelle can meet and try to form a relationship. I hope that this can be done with the media giving Michelle & her son privacy.

I am glad his parents have provided Michelle with pictures and updates.

Now Michelle Knight is what young people should be inspired by. Not the likes of Kardashians, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber etc... She truely is an inspiration.

What does everyone think of Michelle's book?

I finished the book in about 6 hours. I was captivated by her story and couldn't put it down. I felt like she did an incredible job of transporting the reader to Seymour and really making you feel the despair she must have felt. All the while keeping the glimmer of hope that she would one day see her son again. I am so happy to hear that she's doing well. Michelle (Lilly) is an inspiration!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back