Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, imo- "information" might be released as being rumour, psychic revelation, or from a dream in order to get around saying something without really saying it, but also to test reactions to that "info"

The reason I am still saying it is because there are still people here saying "the McCanns did nothing wrong-leave them alone in their grief!". They did do something wrong-and actually, there might be something gained by LE at least, by looking at the possibilities that extend from the opportunity the McCanns provided. The people seen watching the McCanns villa could have been staff, responding to complaints that other guests made about the children crying incessantly for maybe more than one night. I can imagine the lady upstairs calling the mgmt complaining about crying, and some staff member standing right outside for an extended time, just listening to see if the children might be crying...it's relevant to me for such a reason.

The McCanns did something wrong, in your opinion. Legally, they did not.

sometime I get the impression that people are more interested in "punishing" the mcanns as opposed to finding out what actually happened

If it is ever proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were responsible for her death or disposal then they will go down as the biggest most evil pair since Brady and Hindley

BUT until that day comes I am more interested in the SY . the PJ using their energies to find out the truth and who is responsible .

I am not really interested in a constant narrative about the babysitting / checking . Both authorities have said that what they did was not advisable but within the law . I know this view is not popular here and people would like the Mcanns to be for ever dammed for it.

I for one am not in the market for punishing anyone. But iMHO there is alot of discrepancies in this case that just haven't been explained. I believe and always will until its proved otherwise that the parents are involved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I for one am not in the market for punishing anyone. But iMHO there is alot of discrepancies in this case that just haven't been explained. I believe and always will until its proved otherwise that the parents are involved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Losing your child is one of the worst things that can happen to someone, if not the worst. It makes the audience panic, and the audience wants solution, an answer and they want it right now.
What happened in Madeleine's case was 'nothing coming out of the investigation' .. people were hungry for stories and very many of these people who were nervously waiting for the news made up theories, their own understanding of the story. This is understandable, it is the human mind.
Many of these stories got bigger and bigger tails and became 'facts'.. things you call 'discrepancies'.
But if you look deeper into the case, if you don't listen to people on the net who get sudden self importance of being able to 'explain their version' of the story, if you use your own mind these wouldn't be discrepancies.

The McCanns did something wrong, in your opinion. Legally, they did not.

Really-read a little more...it's not just my opinion, most people here (and all of the good parents) think they did something wrong. And did I say they did something leally wrong? No. They just did something that, assuming they did not kill their own child, allowed some stranger to come in and take her, and probably kill her. You may leave your child alone, or condone the practice, but don't imply to me that it's just an alternate parenting option.

Really-read a little more...it's not just my opinion, most people here (and all of the good parents) think they did something wrong. And did I say they did something leally wrong? No. They just did something that, assuming they did not kill their own child, allowed some stranger to come in and take her, and probably kill her. You may leave your child alone, or condone the practice, but don't imply to me that it's just an alternate parenting option.

for me its there by the grace of god type thing

I very rarely ever criticise other parents and make comments on Parenting skills - I hear it so much in the play ground

I just done see where this gets us in debating the case - YES most people will agree that their choice of child care was wrong - but it is a world away from extrapolating this to they then must be involved or they are " bad " parents

There has be no evidence in the public domain of any problem with them as parents before this happened. The kids were not on a register , they were it seems normal kids from a normal family - 2 middle class doctors

again if they are involved then the backlash will be huge

but I refuse to vilify them until this has been revealed in court - regardless of the checking system or not - my natural reaction is anger to the perp not to them

Again, only in your opinion. The Law does not agree with you.

It IS just another parenting option that is still in practice today in holiday resorts throughout The World.
Your opinion of their behaviour is only your opinion.

Personally, I am only concerned with your thoughts on the death of a child when you have absolutely no proof that Madeleine is dead.

http://news.sky.com/story/1155769/madeleine-mccann-500-calls-from-germany
bbm
"German broadcaster ZDF has received 500 phone calls and emails after airing a programme on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Madeleine's parents launched an appeal for information to help them find their daughter on the television show "Aktenzeichen XY ungeloest," Germany's version of BBC's Crimewatch programme.

Some 7.26 million people watched the show, its highest rating in 15 years"

I very rarely ever criticise other parents and make comments on Parenting skills - I hear it so much in the play ground

I just done see where this gets us in debating the case - YES most people will agree that their choice of child care was wrong - but it is a world away from extrapolating this to they then must be involved or they are " bad " parents

There has be no evidence in the public domain of any problem with them as parents before this happened. The kids were not on a register , they were it seems normal kids from a normal family - 2 middle class doctors

but I refuse to vilify them until this has been revealed in court - regardless of the checking system or not - my natural reaction is anger to the perp not to them

Gord-I generally don't either, especially when it's obvious that the parent in question sees their error and comports themselves in a way that it's obvious, allowing the rest of us to express the appropriate amount of sympathy. I am just not seeing that here. Kate McCann said just 3 days ago that they had done nothing wrong, and (respectfully), that just isn't so. Of course, nothing is worse than losing your child, but the McCanns don't accept any responsibility-they could help keep this from happening to other families by telling people not to do this-at home or on holiday (especially on holiday, because you don't know who's out there and the resort won't tell you). I am surely not smart enough to be a doctor, and even I know better than this. It is no public service to announce that you protected your children appropriately, and yet, the worst happened. If somebody was really watching the McCann's movements and waited until the perfect time to steal Madeleine, it wouldn't have happened if there was an adult supervising the children. For the people who are certain that the McCanns caused her death, this would be proof that they are uncaring parents, and it moves them a step closer to being guilty (whether or not they really are)

sometime I get the impression that people are more interested in "punishing" the mcanns as opposed to finding out what actually happened

If it is ever proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were responsible for her death or disposal then they will go down as the biggest most evil pair since Brady and Hindley

BUT until that day comes I am more interested in the SY . the PJ using their energies to find out the truth and who is responsible .

I am not really interested in a constant narrative about the babysitting / checking . Both authorities have said that what they did was not advisable but within the law . I know this view is not popular here and people would like the Mcanns to be for ever dammed for it.

My best advice to you is to scroll by posts that don't interest you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It IS just another parenting option that is still in practice today in holiday resorts throughout The World.

Personally, I am only concerned with your thoughts on the death of a child when you have absolutely no proof that Madeleine is dead.

Ever heard the expression " the law is an *advertiser censored*?".
I don't agree with your opinion either-so what if people are allowed to be irresponsible when they are on holiday? If it isn't against the law, it is at least inadvisable, otherwise the resort management wouldn't have requested that the McCanns NOT leave their ever so precious children unattended-but they did it anyway, even though it would have cost them no more to use a sitter. You can use them as a model of perfect parenting if you want to-hopefully nothing bad happens.

http://news.sky.com/story/1155769/madeleine-mccann-500-calls-from-germany
bbm
"German broadcaster ZDF has received 500 phone calls and emails after airing a programme on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Madeleine's parents launched an appeal for information to help them find their daughter on the television show "Aktenzeichen XY ungeloest," Germany's version of BBC's Crimewatch programme.

Some 7.26 million people watched the show, its highest rating in 15 years"

High profile cases always generate hundreds of useless calls. ...

I'll agree it was a rating success... I would hope that wasn't the goal.

If they get 499 useless calls, and one genuinely good one, it was worth it-hopefully they get something good

Well all i can say is lucky they didnt do it in the UK and she went missing as they would have been prosecuted.

https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

If they get 499 useless calls, and one genuinely good one, it was worth it-hopefully they get something good

My friend lives in germany and she said the e fit looks like Gerry, and so do all her friends lol...I wouldnt hold my breath.

The trouble with these appeals is sadly all the nutters come out. Oh yeh i saw her 2 years ago walking with a man in Sainsburys blah blah blah.

The thing is the efit is not new they were done by the McCanns private investigators Motodo 3. Quite an interesting read actually.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/maddie-case-e-fits-of-suspect-had.html

I can't remember where I read that the McCanns thought there would be a "listening service" at this resort, but when they learned there wasn't one, their system of checking in on their children was basically their own " listening service", meaning they went to the room and stood at the door and listened, and if no sounds assumed the children were ok. Do I have this right? If so, could Madeleine not have gone missing earlier?

BBM. But no one knows who the perp is so how can the McCanns be excluded?

The issue of leaving unattended infants and a small child in a motel room is beyond what I consider bad parenting and, if the McCanns are not directly responsible for the abduction, that act still allowed "the perp" to abduct them.

I can't remember where I read that the McCanns thought there would be a "listening service" at this resort, but when they learned there wasn't one, their system of checking in on their children was basically their own " listening service", meaning they went to the room and stood at the door and listened, and if no sounds assumed the children were ok. Do I have this right? If so, could Madeleine not have gone missing earlier?

Yeah-it was posted yesterday. I think nobody went inside-why would you take the chance of waking the children. Near the time Madeleine was discovered to be missing, Mr. Oldfield went to check, and he said he didn't go in

Linda, imo, the goal of any televised program is ratings and income. None of these stations do this out of the goodness of their heart. If a child is found because of the program that is just more good publicity for the station and network and, probably, some joy in bringing justice -- I don't see it as altruism. Just call me a skeptical inquirer. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member