IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like someone abducted these girls.Both of them...and tossed the phone. Hope someone saw something useful... JMO

Yes. What I anticipate is learning that a family member of someone they met online arranged to meet. This person stopped along the interstate, had them hop the fence, got them into a vehicle and threw their phones and purses by the fence.

The side of the fence that their stuff was on is very telling. It indicates that something transpired at that point. If they were just swimming, their things wouldn't jump over the fence.

http://goo.gl/maps/eSkU
Using the schools and Waterloo as points per the media link http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

Quote " It's very difficult, but we're trusting in the Lord and just trying to be patient." Lyric's mother Misty Morrissey said. "Let everybody do their job and we're just doing a lot of praying."

Collins is a student at Poyner Elementary.

Morrissey is a student at Kingsley Elementary in Waterloo.

"They're very outdoorsy," They play together every day. I'm surprised they rode their bikes this far but they're kids, so."

That is pretty far for them to ride. They must have planned this. Prayers for the girls and their families

JMO but it doesn't sound to me like the girls rode their bikes to this area. It sounds staged to me.

http://goo.gl/maps/eSkU
Using the schools and Waterloo as points per the media link http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

Quote " It's very difficult, but we're trusting in the Lord and just trying to be patient." Lyric's mother Misty Morrissey said. "Let everybody do their job and we're just doing a lot of praying."

Collins is a student at Poyner Elementary.

Morrissey is a student at Kingsley Elementary in Waterloo.

"They're very outdoorsy," They play together every day. I'm surprised they rode their bikes this far but they're kids, so."

That is pretty far for them to ride. They must have planned this. Prayers for the girls and their families

8 and 12? If it was the 12 year old meeting someone she met online for example no way was she taking an 8 year old with her. The only reason would likely be a romance in her eyes and who wants someone with them for that.

If there was an issue of a non custodial family member imo it would have been mentioned.

All I can think of is the two girls who were shot to death a couple of years ago riding their bike, some scenario like that but with abduction instead.

I'm posting from phone, am helping to search.

Searchers need to meet at the evansdale community center

Initially, I saw a last name Cook and then searched and found a few Cooks who live near the lake. Obviously, that's a common name. But I thought it was possible they had been staying with one of those people. Now they have changed the last name for one girl, and that strange quote indicates that they traveled a long way. But it's not clear where they started their trip, is it? I'm somewhat confused about that. I was anticipating that these girls were missing from their own neighborhood.

I was hoping that these girls would have been found by this morning. I grew up just a couple hours east of where this is happening. I also remember Tammy Zywicki (my brother went to college with her). Really hoping for the best for these girls.

One girl was said to attend Poyner Elementary School. That school is in the vicinity of the lake. Grandma says they rode a long way. The distance between the lake and school is one mile. The two Cooks that I saw both live near the school, too. But we don't even know that Cook is the correct last name. The distance from the school to downtown also is about one mile. If they were spotted downtown, that means that they rode at least one mile. If we assume that they rode to the lake, they must have rode at least three miles (1 to downtown, 2 to the lake).

By the way, I was incorrect last night when I said they were near the Mississippi River. That's a different river. I'm not sure of the name.

it's cedar river

older girl wearing flip flops with sesame street character on them

little girl mom thinks had on black high top tennis shoes

Initially, I saw a last name Cook and then searched and found a few Cooks who live near the lake. Obviously, that's a common name. But I thought it was possible they had been staying with one of those people. Now they have changed the last name for one girl, and that strange quote indicates that they traveled a long way. But it's not clear where they started their trip, is it? I'm somewhat confused about that. I was anticipating that these girls were missing from their own neighborhood.

I believe cook is a family name. Both girls were in the care of grandma who lives in evansdale. They have posted her name as both and her name as lyric and lyrica. Her name is lyric Morrisey.

According to this story, they were last spotted downtown. So they were never actually spotted in the area where their bikes were found.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2012/07/14/two-evansdale-girls-missing-since-early-friday-afternoon/

This is the first I've read of them being spotted downtown so i can't confirm or deny it. Evansdale is pretty small, you could cover the entire town on a bike but one of the moms did say she didn't think the girls would have gone that far.

I'll try and get more information on where they started their trip today. I'm headed out to join the search in just a bit.

I believe I may have found a facebook page for Lyric. Are we allowed to post it since she's a minor? :waitasec:

One girl was said to attend Poyner Elementary School. That school is in the vicinity of the lake. Grandma says they rode a long way. The distance between the lake and school is one mile. The two Cooks that I saw both live near the school, too. But we don't even know that Cook is the correct last name. The distance from the school to downtown also is about one mile. If they were spotted downtown, that means that they rode at least one mile. If we assume that they rode to the lake, they must have rode at least three miles (1 to downtown, 2 to the lake).

I could find both schools named in Waterloo not by the lake..see my earlier post on pg 1. I wonder where grand mom lives.
I wondered if they had been in contact with a school friend, perhaps an older boy. 12 year olds are at the age of boy crushes..
I pray they are safe.

every link in this thread lists lyric cook as an 11-yr old - title of this thread lists her as 12.

So, the two girls are cousins and they are "in the care of their grandmother "...is that just for the summer,or do they live with their grandmother full time ? Where are the children's parents ?

Also, has LE brought dogs to the place where their bikes were found ?

I could find both schools named in Waterloo not by the lake..see my earlier post on pg 1. I wonder where grand mom lives.
I wondered if they had been in contact with a school friend, perhaps an older boy. 12 year olds are at the age of boy crushes..
I pray they are safe.

Poyner is at 1138 Central Ave., Evansdale, Iowa 50707. There is a Cook family three blocks to the west. But I have no idea whether there's even any relation. It's a different name than grandma. I'm not sure it's important to the case, anyway.

So, the two girls are cousins and they are "in the care of their grandmother "...is that just for the summer,or do they live with their grandmother full time ? Where are the children's parents ?

Also, has LE brought dogs to the place where their bikes were found ?

Yes loads of info on the face book link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member