TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

My husband said the same thing about not killing more than he did. Perhaps part of the time he was ranting.
It is legal to deer hunt in TX with an AR15. But a lot use an AR10.

I am wondering if he didn't kill more because bodies were shielding other bodies. I don't know that to be true, just wondering.

jmopinion

ANOTHER shooting at an elementary school.
Shooter killed by police.
Why must they target children???
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-norcal-elementary-school-shooting-20171114-story.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JMO, but there may be an upswing in violence around the holiday season. It seems significant dates & holidays brings out both the worst & best in people. There will always be good people in this world getting into the spirit of the season, but it really seems to bring out the whackos too.

It’s true though....this is how it is with almost everything. If it does not personally affect them, people generally don’t care.

It is true and I have such a hard time understanding that. It’s just completely opposite of my nature (and probably the majority of WS’ers are the same or we wouldn’t be here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only go to funerals that I cannot possibly avoid. I just will my brain to go some place else........anywhere but where I am. If I ever started crying, I would never be able to stop. I'm able to accept death, make funeral arrangements, help others make arrangements, notify friends & family, & help others in any & every way I can. It's the funeral service itself that just sends me into a tailspin. Staring at a loved one in a casket & hearing the mournful music is almost more than I can take. I will never forget my father's funeral. I wanted a closed casket & the funeral director said, "But if you have a closed casket people will think there is something wrong with him." My reply was that there WAS something wrong with him; he was dead & that was about as wrong with someone as you could get. Because of my mother we came to a compromise. The casket was closed during the service, but it was opened after the service to allow viewing.

And the horrible (to me) flower smell. I have that smell in my head for weeks after funerals. No flowers at my funeral please. And actually no funeral either. [emoji45]

I'm a big cheerleader for this test primarily because some people's systems can OVERREACT to certain meds, and it can send them off the rails. I've had many friends on depression meds experience this, one to the point of nearly being committed.

The DNA test shows 3 categories for you. 1- meds your system is likely to overreact to, 2- meds your system underreacts to (which would take very high doses to affect the person), and 3- meds your system is more likely to react to as expected.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had a short-lived (thankfully) bout of depression about ten years ago. My doctor tried me on two different meds (Paxil and Lexapro) before we found one I could tolerate (Zoloft). I was on it for about a year before she tritated me off of it and I haven't had any problems since. I would have LOVEDDDD to have taken a test like that one before having the nightmare of side effects I experienced on Paxil. Thirty minutes after taking my first dose, my anxiety shot thru the roof, I broke out in a cold sweat, my thoughts were racing, felt completely out of control, and I thought my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I was convinced I was headed straight to a psych ward. It was the scariest thing I'd ever experienced in my life. I would definitely advocate for a test that might prevent someone else from having to go through that.

I don't recall it stated that DK was ever told out right to stay away from the church. Do you have a link for that?

It seems the "five days before" fall festival was held on Halloween and in the link below there's a pic of kids dressed in costumes. There's many adults dressed in black clothing as well.

"Five days before he would gun dozens of people down, Devin Patrick Kelley showed up at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs with his children for an annual fall festival. His appearance was unexpected because of the past family troubles, but people who saw him there thought it was a sign he was turning a corner."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...rated-with-churchgoers-five-days-12338056.php

ETA another media report - absolutely no way to for the church folk to have ever predicted this tragedy.

"Devin Patrick Kelley attended a fall festival at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs five days before he killed 26 people inside the church and wounded 20 others, the local sheriff said Tuesday.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt said the church's pastor had told him Kelley's behavior did not raise any alarms."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/0...on-with-parishioners-days-before-rampage.html

I don't keep track of the articles I read. I know him being told to stay away from the church was discussed here, and the article I saw about the fall festival interviewed two church members. The man said he kept his eyes on DK the whole time because he was acting strange.

My first reaction when something horrible happens is to freeze. It just takes my brain a while to realize what is actually happening. When someone is shooting you could be dead with even half a second hesitation. JMO

I'm the opposite; my immediate reaction is to run. I have quite the comical story about this.

So, my boyfriend assured me it was safe to go to the movies a few months after The Dark Knight Rises shooting. I agreed to go and my (somewhat) irrational paranoia dissipated after 10-15 minutes into the movie. Fast forward about an hour and a half. Out of nowhere, the strobe lights in the aisles start flashing and a prerecorded message comes on over the loud speakers. The message said something like... "WARNING: PLEASE REMAIN CALM. An UNKNOWN emergency has occurred in the building. Please locate the nearest exit and evacuate the building immediately."

Let me just tell you. I shot up out that chair, jumped over the row of seats in front of us, dashed over to the aisle, and booked it out of those exit doors the second I heard "please remain calm". I was in my car all the way across the parking lot with my doors locked before my boyfriend even made it outside.

As it turned out, the popcorn machine set off the smoke detector/fire alarm. WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE A NORMAL, RUN-OF-THE-MILL, TRILL SOUNDING FIRE ALARM?

I could have easily ran a full marathon with zero training after that. The amount of adrenaline that was pumping thru my veins was out of this world. My boyfriend jokingly said, "I'm glad I now know how quickly you'd leave me behind." I tell him... hey, it's survival of the fittest; it's every man for himself. [emoji23]

I don't keep track of the articles I read. I know him being told to stay away from the church was discussed here, and the article I saw about the fall festival interviewed two church members. The man said he kept his eyes on DK the whole time because he was acting strange.

I recall what you might be remembering. But it appears DK was not a regular church attendee and in all fairness, the Pastor only made the comment about not being sure how to go about evicting someone after the shootings occurred. That's absolutely normal way to reflect his regret, given the church was his responsibility.

Furthermore the Harvest Festival was held by the church and notice nobody said that DK was told he was unwelcome. In the quote above the Pastor told the County Sheriff that DK's behaviour didn't raise any alarms. If the Pastor didn't notice strange behaviour, then to your earlier comment, he'd have no reason to post armed security guards at the church doors.

ETA from the same link (not sure if you read this):
"The mother-in-law, Michelle Shields, told Read she was so excited to see Kelley there voluntarily with her grandchildren."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...rated-with-churchgoers-five-days-12338056.php

If that is true, in my opinion something significant must've occured between Oct 31st and Nov 5th.

I recall what you might be remembering. But it appears DK was not a regular church attendee and in all fairness, the Pastor only made the comment about not being sure how to go about evicting someone after the shootings occurred. That's absolutely normal way to reflect his regret, given the church was his responsibility.

Furthermore the Harvest Festival was held by the church and notice nobody said that DK was told he was unwelcome. In the quote above the Pastor told the County Sheriff that DK's behaviour didn't raise any alarms. If the Pastor didn't notice strange behaviour, then to your earlier comment, he'd have no reason to post armed security guards at the church doors.

ETA from the same link (not sure if you read this):
"The mother-in-law, Michelle Shields, told Read she was so excited to see Kelley there voluntarily with her grandchildren."

If that is true, in my opinion something significant must've occured between Oct 31st and Nov 5th.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-brennaman-devin-kelley-sutherland-springs/
Here is the story ...

An interview with Tessa Brennaman.

[video=youtube;2zMX_cELW5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zMX_cELW5s[/video]

An interview with Brittany Adcock.

[video=youtube;gtY1WxWnQ3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtY1WxWnQ3Y[/video]

An interview with Victoria Fillmore.

[video=youtube;6RYIQ1srQEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RYIQ1srQEg[/video]

Clearly a minefield of red flags. Devin Kelley has a history of bullying, which correlates with domestic violence and crime.

An all too common characteristic of mass killers.

Thanks, seems different people felt differently about him. If anyone had known what was about to occur, I'm certain they'd have done something to stop it.

What I don't understand, if anyone felt DK was acting very strangely, considering it appears he was at the Harvest Festival alone with his children, wouldn't their welfare be the immediate concern, a call into CPS? Nothing to indicate that occured although we can only speculate about those days leading up to the shooting.

An interview with Tessa Brennaman.

[video=youtube;2zMX_cELW5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zMX_cELW5s[/video]

An interview with Brittany Adcock.

[video=youtube;gtY1WxWnQ3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtY1WxWnQ3Y[/video]

An interview with Victoria Fillmore.

[video=youtube;6RYIQ1srQEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RYIQ1srQEg[/video]

Clearly a minefield of red flags. Devin Kelley has a history of bullying, which correlates with domestic violence and crime.

An all too common characteristic of mass killers.
#HeServedOneYearInPrison.

The mystery to me is how such a man persuaded two attractive young women to marry him.

Abusers are manipulators and they know how to prey upon people and know their weaknesses.

Watching the videos, I'm thinking that he was fun and charming in the early stages, but then turned on his girlfriend/wives after the relationship started. Sort of like the story Wife #1 said about the dog - the perp said his dog was play biting him so he wrung the dog's neck and killed him. When he gains the trust of someone - a dog, a girlfriend, a wife - and that person shows some affection to him and is vulnerable to him, he destroys it.

Armchair analysis, jmo.

Watching the videos, I'm thinking that he was fun and charming in the early stages, but then turned on his girlfriend/wives after the relationship started. Sort of like the story Wife #1 said about the dog - the perp said his dog was play biting him so he wrung the dog's neck and killed him. When he gains the trust of someone - a dog, a girlfriend, a wife - and that person shows some affection to him and is vulnerable to him, he destroys it.

Armchair analysis, jmo.

videos? Did I miss something?

Thanks, seems different people felt differently about him. If anyone had known what was about to occur, I'm certain they'd have done something to stop it.

What I don't understand, if anyone felt DK was acting very strangely, considering it appears he was at the Harvest Festival alone with his children, wouldn't their welfare be the immediate concern, a call into CPS? Nothing to indicate that occured although we can only speculate about those days leading up to the shooting.

What were they going to say? "He showed up dressed all in black with a weird stare on his face" isn't going to be taken seriously. CPS is barely a step above useless these days anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back