Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC went off the record with LE in his original interview at the time when they asked him if anyone gave him instructions about what to do if he found the body. They came back on record and moved ahead with the interview, IIRC.

He does not want to say the same things under oath, and no one has offered him immunity that I know of. After his taped interview with LE hit the airwaves, he started getting cagey-He was nasty to ZG's lawyers, then started to turn on the state and file these motions we are seeing now.
He began to lie about the times frames of his service engagements with JB, KC and CA/GA. I will post links to his conflicting statements regarding his legal agreements, if anyone needs them-But all you have to do is listen to his interview with LE, then look at his motions and his testimony before Judge Rodriguez (what little of it the judge allowed).

This exactly. It's a very sticky situation whenever you involve another party into what is otherwise privileged information, it completely waives any and all privilege.

I personally don't believe DC was acting as an agent for the defense anywhere near the time frame of November. Not to mention I'm not certain he ever really was an agent for the defense at any time.

If indeed he supposedly was, but was never paid his fee, does that nullify any contract he would have had with work privilege/through JB? I remember JH saying DC told him he was owed $90K and I don't think he meant all of that was to be paid by the Anthonys, IIRC.

If he signed on directly as an agent for KC because JB did not have the money to pay him through his firm, would anything he did for KC have any kind of privilege? Also, those simultaneous contracts he kept mentioning; no one has yet to review them, have they?

I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

Last December, as a follow-up, Yuri Malich went to the Anthony home with a search warrant. Present were Cindy, George, the Milsteads, DC, and I think JH. Cindy told Yuri, "I sent someone to search that area last month and nothing was there." It was also at that time that Cindy admitted that Caylee's Winnie-the-Pooh blanket was missing - something she had previously withheld.

I've always felt that there was something very hinky about DC's search. I think the psychic's participation in that search was a cover for who really supplied the information on where Caylee's remains were located. The psychic did state in an interview that she had spoken to Cindy on the phone, and Cindy had sent her a stuffed animal that had belonged to Caylee.

I think the whole thing was a set up.........Cindy or Lee got the information from Casey on where to find Caylee. Cindy told the psychic some details, and if ever questioned, the psychic was to say that she had a vision of where Caylee was.

I think DC was part of the planning on how to make it look like something it wasn't..........a psychic leading him to Caylee's remains. Remember his words to JH - "We're going to go get Caylee." He KNEW where she was, at least the general vicinity, and was confident he would find her.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.

I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.

Snipped and BBM...JH said in his LE interview that DC was talking on the phone to whomever was describing where to look. LE did not ask him how he knew that, so I can only guess that JH knew this because DC was asking the person questions in earshot of JH.
Since we (I) know it wasn't some woman from Virginia, who was it that was giving him instruction, or that he was asking for instruction?
JH could have been speculating.

Thanks for your post. So, if DC wanted to assert some sort of privilage between he and KC, he would need to change his motion, correct?

DC stated to LE that he terminated his agreement with JB on 10/01/2008.
This recording begins at the part in the interview where they go through this with DC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVRtpZCYzs&feature=related

Carrying this over to DC is scared thread, too.

Carried over from RHornsby thread, this video addresses when DC was working for JB.

I also think that his "invitation" to Lee to act as an apprentice / intern may create trouble for his licensing. That was a really stupid move professionally. Not that his others were not just as bad or worse!

It was a stupid move for a lot of reasons...but anyhoo... I don't understand the hold that the anthonys seem to have over some people. It makes no sense for him to have done something illegal to begin with - why would he have? I don't get it why would he have this loyalty to cindy. I wouldn't go to jail for anyone, least of all a stranger!:waitasec:

I believe that it is Baez that is scared to have DCasey deposed by the State. I studied one of the documents that DTennis filed recently, and just under her signature was the words "attorney for CASEY MARIE ANTHONY" (clearly a huge OOPS, and probably paperwork done by the Baez Law Firm)

Not unless DT is presenting herself as part of the Defense since DC allegedly worked/works for KC/JB and therefore she is an extension of that --- a subtle inference?

IMO...It had to be Lee.

Would he have maybe thought that taking the boy wonder, Lee, into his agency - that it might prevent him or Lee from having to testify? Not that it would, but I'm just trying to figure out what in the world he was thinking...

Don't forget the abandoned house at Hopespring & Suburban.
Owed by a "Gonzales"?
WHERE had Casey been keeping Caylee on her nights out?

The Brackenwood house? I STILL think that house plays a part in this case.

The Anthony double-act to point forcefully towards Caylee is Alive sightings while discreetly searching for the remains and seeking to do something (cover up).

This was the time when the Caylee is Alive campaign was in full swing with MB but also the time MB was running pressers to announce concrete sightings but CA was seen very emotional and crushed.

Something was wrong, there was the scent of a dead body on Suburban but they could not find it.

DC was definitely being directed, most likely by CA/LA but wouldn't it be cool if he was caught talking to JB/KC on conference call? DC was well tooled with a stick to prod into the surface of the ground and tearing bags open. He was not only most certainly looking for remains of Caylee, he was very confident about getting her -- per the conversation with JH.

I do so hope that the Depo by the State does occur because this was a significant event and it'd be great to know the background and intent.

Would he have maybe thought that taking the boy wonder, Lee, into his agency - that it might prevent him or Lee from having to testify? Not that it would, but I'm just trying to figure out what in the world he was thinking...

Since Dom seems to have a very poor understanding of the rules and rights in his profession, the likelihood is high you are spot on!!!:banghead:

Just for a refresher! Why DC does not want to be deposed!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T04rfgU5E8A[/ame]

And, I still would like to know exactly what he is digging for in the small flowerbed with the hand trowel at that house? The "missing" blackjack? Caylees shoes and clothes "they haven't even found"? So many possibilities

Good Lord that video made me motion sick. Do we have a video that has sound with it? I sure would like to know what they said to one another while out there. I'd say that someone had to have told him where to go look.

Good Lord that video made me motion sick. Do we have a video that has sound with it? I sure would like to know what they said to one another while out there. I'd say that someone had to have told him where to go look.

There definately is one with sound! There is a thread here somewhere with it and listening to him really seals the deal for me that he knew for sure that she was there! And not because of a psychic!

There definately is one with sound! There is a thread here somewhere with it and listening to him really seals the deal for me that he knew for sure that she was there! And not because of a psychic!

If I find it I will have to listen to it without watching it. Don't think I can take any more of the jerky panning around. Thanks!

Okay, can you say...Smokin' Gun???

There is no logical reason for DC not to want to testify.
There is no logical reason defense can claim KC didn't do it because someone else put the body there when she was in jail. Not unless the someone was an Anthony, otherwise how would DC know where to look for a body that someone/stranger put there? Hello???

DC is the one person who can put KC and possibly a couple of Anthonys away for a while. I have never seen such a large group of individuals fighting so hard to be unhelpful to a case.
Cindy never wanted TM to find Caylee and that's why she went ballistic and refused to give him a piece of clothing and attacked him personally.

For DC to be scared, he would be facing some personal issue. Perhaps he fears criminal charges against himself? And could criminal charges against him interfere with his licensing?

For criminal charges, I am thinking possibly something like obstruction of justice or criminal tampering or tampering with evidence or something like that.

I have thought for some time that DC did see something on his solo trips to the area. And that he went back to the area to film, making sure that nothing important got into the pictures. As part of a defense that the remains weren't there until after KC went to jail. I don't think that the other guy was aware of it, he was just drawn in to help with the filming and to be a witness. I think the person he was on the phone with was JB.

This is all JMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member