Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever see this text message?

I could be wrong but I remember that particular sentence as being something she said to (I think) her parents in one of the visits - rather than a text. Have ever seen a text message like that - but not saying there isn't one.

Wondering if DC didn't want to really find the body, in case it would also be his job to dispose of it and he didn't want any part of it. Oh Oh daisy chain to Kronk...

I could be wrong but I remember that particular sentence as being something she said to (I think) her parents in one of the visits - rather than a text. Have ever seen a text message like that - but not saying there isn't one.

IIRC
That text was made by Casey to TonyL when they were texting each other in the early morning hours of July 16/08.
They also stopped texting and ended up speaking to each other.
TL was upset because he was her boyfriend and she hadn't told him that Caylee was missing.
I will try and find the link to those texts...

I have never in my years here on this Earth been obsessed with a case like I am this one. I have always followed crime stories and my DH used to be a cop, but this case beats anything I have ever seen. :(

I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

Last December, as a follow-up, Yuri Malich went to the Anthony home with a search warrant. Present were Cindy, George, the Milsteads, DC, and I think JH. Cindy told Yuri, "I sent someone to search that area last month and nothing was there." It was also at that time that Cindy admitted that Caylee's Winnie-the-Pooh blanket was missing - something she had previously withheld.

I've always felt that there was something very hinky about DC's search. I think the psychic's participation in that search was a cover for who really supplied the information on where Caylee's remains were located. The psychic did state in an interview that she had spoken to Cindy on the phone, and Cindy had sent her a stuffed animal that had belonged to Caylee.

I think the whole thing was a set up.........Cindy or Lee got the information from Casey on where to find Caylee. Cindy told the psychic some details, and if ever questioned, the psychic was to say that she had a vision of where Caylee was.

I think DC was part of the planning on how to make it look like something it wasn't..........a psychic leading him to Caylee's remains. Remember his words to JH - "We're going to go get Caylee." He KNEW where she was, at least the general vicinity, and was confident he would find her.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.
GREAT POST :dance:
bump....

I have never in my years here on this Earth been obsessed with a case like I am this one. I have always followed crime stories and my DH used to be a cop, but this case beats anything I have ever seen. :(

BBM

Ain't that the truth!! I mean, seriously! Have you ever seen a case where there were so many people who were obviously and blatantly conspiring to cover for someone who seemed sooooo guilty? I know I haven't!!

Chefmom, any chance you have a link to the DC video with sound? I haven't quite figured out how to maneuver my way around the forum yet..... LOL

TIA!!!

My searching skills stink! Lol! I wanted to post that one last night but couldn't find it. I'll keep trying though! Maybe if someone else who is a bit better at the whole searching threads things reads this they will find it and post? Hopefully! TIA!

I'm thinking that the Brackenwood house was nothing more than a distraction to legitimize the search. Think about the filming of it. He did searches before and didn't film them or ask anyone to go with him. That day he asked for someone to go with him, they filmed it, he went to the house and did just a cursory search. He didn't check the outbuildings or even do too much digging in the garbage. Then he went to the woods. They filmed in the area of the remains, but carefully just a little ways away from her body, with no remains showing in the pic. Then it was over. No more searching, they stopped just after that area.

This is all JMO of course.

Perhaps. :)
But DC was VERY zealous in digging around that house.

I can believe this....BUT wouldnt he be looking at a misdemeanor? I mean it is a crime not to report a body perhaps, but there has to be something more he is afraid of. JMO.

I'm wondering if he is convicted of a crime, if maybe it couldn't cause problems with his PI license.

Hello WS :)

And, after posting this I went to the "Friday's hearing..." thread and saw this motion:
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits

I am really starting to feel that Casey gave Caylee's location to her family during this visit. (Are there other visits we have not seen yet? TIA) And, she had to give the info in "code" because she and they knew they were being listened to...so that is why as I said in my other post here-DC was given the information about the abandoned house but it was vauge.

I also think this text message from Casey to Tony, hours before Casey was arrested the first time shows that Casey understood that LE not finding Caylee's body was important. A reason she would go ahead and tell, probably Lee where to look.

LE: Anything in that hour and a half conversation on the 17th with Tony that we need to know about?
AH: Uhm, he did, and he said he told me that he told you guys about a text message from her on Wednesday that said uhm, "If they never find her guess who spends eternity in jail?"

Add that to Casey's statement, "They haven't even found her clothes yet." And I feel that any jury can see that Casey was not in a frame of mind that "Zanny" had taken Caylee. I feel that DC was privy to all this information and that is why he is so "scared" to be deposed or even tell his story. Isn't it funny that the judge will rule on the "tapes being destroyed" and DC is pushing harder to not have to tell what he knows. He knows the two events, her giving code and his search will be linked. Whadda think?

...jmo...

I think you have a great mind! :)

OK, when KC said/texted "If they never find her guess who spends eternity in jail?"
KC seems to be in a panic that if Caylee isn't isn't found, that she'll never get out out of jail. Other than simply not wanting to be in jail, she *might* realize that Caylee must be found! Now, this could mean a few different things:
1. They haven't even found her clothes yet."
Either KC was "out of it" (so to speak) and can't remember all the details of what she did and exactly where she put Caylee.
OR:
2. It happened at home and C&G and/or LA put Caylee in the woods, shed at Brackenwood house or somewhere to cover up for what KC did.
OR:
3. KC was out partying, left Caylee in the Brackenwood house or shed, came back and lost her temper with Caylee and, well, you know.

Whatever happened, DC was at that Brackenwood house for a reason, digging furiously and doesn't want to say what he found/knows! He TOLD JH that Caylee was dead, and they were going to get her. If he didn't find anything, why is he afraid to be questioned? JMO :)

ETA~ DC may or may not have actually found Caylee, but shut his mouth if Baez told him to NOT inform LE first. Maybe he suddenly thought the risk was too high. But then why didn't DC simply call LE instead of Baez? Maybe due to loyalty to the A's. JMO

If indeed he supposedly was, but was never paid his fee, does that nullify any contract he would have had with work privilege/through JB? I remember JH saying DC told him he was owed $90K and I don't think he meant all of that was to be paid by the Anthonys, IIRC.

If he signed on directly as an agent for KC because JB did not have the money to pay him through his firm, would anything he did for KC have any kind of privilege? Also, those simultaneous contracts he kept mentioning; no one has yet to review them, have they?

No, if in fact he has a signed contract with KC then he has absolutely no privilege, irregardless of any deals, arrangements or contracts with JB. Their is never a privilege between the party and their non attorney employees. You cannot simply shield one of your employees or some third party you have a contract with from testifying against you by having your lawyer claim them as an employee. As soon as KC entered into a direct agreement with DC it should have negated any privilege, and JB certainly should not have been discussing privileged matters in his presense.

No, if in fact he has a signed contract with KC then he has absolutely no privilege, irregardless of any deals, arrangements or contracts with JB. Their is never a privilege between the party and their non attorney employees. You cannot simply shield one of your employees or some third party you have a contract with from testifying against you by having your lawyer claim them as an employee. As soon as KC entered into a direct agreement with DC it should have negated any privilege, and JB certainly should not have been discussing privileged matters in his presense.

Thanks, that what I had thought, but some other answers were causing me to question if I had the right impression.

IIRC, DC stated he contracted with KC early on, I'm not sure before or after JB, but certainly before her parents. If DC had a contract with JB and for some (goofy) reason subsequently signed one with KC and they could be considered simultaneous, how would KC's separate contract with DC affect the JB's contract with DC, or would it? Would one supercede the other (meaning the one that did have work product privilege)?

Maybe the better question would be, why would this guy confuse things with multiple contracts that could be seen as potential conflicts of interest? Could that work in his favor?

DC doesn't want to be deposed........ever. His attorney, D. Tennis, has submitted a motion to strike notice of deposition and protective order, in hope of not having DC give a deposition.

The only reason someone would fear giving a deposition is two-fold. One, fear that if the truth given in the deposition, it would incriminate the person being deposed, or two, the truth would be very damaging to one or more other individuals. There's no reason for not telling the truth, unless it could lead to criminal charges, or offer further and conclusive evidence in this case.

I think DC's search of the woods on Suburban is a pivotal part of this case, and as toomanywords said, possibly the smoking gun.

At a time when the defense has pointed the finger at RK as a possible suspect, logic tells everyone that long before RK found Caylee's remains, the REAL killer had given information to a family member or her attorney as to the location of the body.

JB knew DC was searching the area off of Suburban and had admonished him not to call LE if he found the body. WHY? A defense attorney is supposed to defend his client, but is not supposed to become an accessory after the fact by withholding evidence. I think the body would be the major piece of evidence in this case.

Logic tells me that if DC had found Caylee's remains, and it was later learned that JB had directed the person who found the remains to not tell LE..............JB would be subject to charges of criminal misconduct.

The Anthonys are involved in the search by DC, as Cindy told Yuri Malich that "she had someone search that area a month ago and nothing was found."

If DC told the truth in a deposition, it could provide incriminating evidence, not only for the defendant, Casey, but for family members and JB.

The one un-answered question in all of this is what was the intention if DC had found Caylee's remains? Would Caylee's remains have been disposed of permanently? Would evidence have been planted pointing to another individual in her murder?

I don't know if they would have moved her and taken the chance that someone would see them...But maybe DC could have planted something out there. It is hard for us to know what DC saw because DC admitted to going to the remains site three times, while JH only video taped/accompanied him on two occasions, IIRC. DC had plenty of opportunity to go down there.

There were several small items found near the remains that were taken into evidence, certain items we know details, certain items we don't. We'll see if LE found anything else that may have been planted as we get closer to trial.

The defense wanting to be on scene at the location of where Caylee was found before the body had been identified also makes me think that Baez (at least, possibly the rest of the defense as well) knew that Caylee was in fact there. I don't recall them (the defense) wanting to be on scene at the other site. I really hope that if it comes out that Baez did know where Caylee was that it will not result in an approved appeal for Casey. If it does come out that D Casey knew for sure that Caylee was there and received that information from one of the other Anthony's that they are charged with whatever will impose the most prison time possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288