GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

wow no1. Didn't occur to me to look him up. He claims he's 6'3" - 6'4". Claims to be straight (uhhhh....not so much). Executive? LOLOLOL. Rarely drinks? Geez. Whackadoodledoo.

Google Jay_Bass79. You'll find him in many places, including singles/online dating sites. Most of it is a dead end but what is there is very creepy.

No1, I am superstitious about predicting what a jury will do -- it only takes one to hang it, but he has not only been charged with 1st Murder, he is also charged with 1st Rape -- a very serious offense -- 1st Murder is a Class A Felony (LWOP or Death, period), 1st Rape is a B1 Felony, and 1st Burglary is much less. They need to pound this in since the jury will have to decide on all three.

I just don't see the jury buying all this poor, poor pitiful Jason tripe. Yes, we all agree, I think, that this guy is screwed up, and it's not all his fault -- but it mostly is. He was given a good-enuff brain to reason and know when he did, or contemplated doing, something wrong. He had the power to stop. So he is not insane. And diminished capacity is way worse than what he had -- lying, burying & washing evidence, no DNA test makes a mockery of D. C.

I think Saacks will deliver on the closing argument, & I will go out on a limb to say I think the jury is smart enuff to say guilty of 1st in all 3 cases. Probably no DP, and that's fine with me. That way he can fade away. I can't see an appeal that holds water -- they're hard to come by.

Yeah, making a short answer long, as I am wont to do, I think he is up to his t*ts in trouble for the rest of his natural life.

I had a weird thing happen today. I teach music lessons at my home, as I've done since way before Jason ever lived here. The first thing my new student said today was, "Didn't that Williford guy live around here somewhere?" I told him, "Yes, you're sitting in Apt. B and Williford lived about 30 feet away, in Apt. D." (Jason and his mess have cost me SO much business, I can't begin to tell you how much money I've lost because of him....) Most of the people I've had to say that to say, "Uh..." and never come back. Much to my surprise, this new student said, "That guy broke into my house a few years ago. I came home at about 2 am and all the sudden my dog was going nuts, barking at something in the living room. When I walked into the room, there was a tall, lanky guy just standing there. He was really high or drunk and asked me how to get to Hillsborough Street. I told him to leave. As he left, he pet my dog and slowly made his way out the door. I saw the photos of him before but now that he's shaved his beard, I recognize him. He's definitely the guy who broke into my house that night."
This student of mine is no quack. He's an ER surgeon at the hospital at UNC in Chapel Hill. I have very little reason to doubt Jason didn't bust into his house in the weeks or months around when he did what he did to Miss Taft.
It is a small world, after all.

No1, I am superstitious about predicting what a jury will do -- it only takes one to hang it, but he has not only been charged with 1st Murder, he is also charged with 1st Rape -- a very serious offense -- 1st Murder is a Class A Felony (LWOP or Death, period), 1st Rape is a B1 Felony, and 1st Burglary is much less. They need to pound this in since the jury will have to decide on all three.

I just don't see the jury buying all this poor, poor pitiful Jason tripe. Yes, we all agree, I think, that this guy is screwed up, and it's not all his fault -- but it mostly is. He was given a good-enuff brain to reason and know when he did, or contemplated doing, something wrong. He had the power to stop. So he is not insane. And diminished capacity is way worse than what he had -- lying, burying & washing evidence, no DNA test makes a mockery of D. C.

I think Saacks will deliver on the closing argument, & I will go out on a limb to say I think the jury is smart enuff to say guilty of 1st in all 3 cases. Probably no DP, and that's fine with me. That way he can fade away. I can't see an appeal that holds water -- they're hard to come by.

Yeah, making a short answer long, as I am wont to do, I think he is up to his t*ts in trouble for the rest of his natural life.
I agree, 100%, borndem.

The books mentioned earlier - There was an erotic trilogy written by Anne Rice in the 80's...The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. It was considered kinky, bdsm stuff, a lot of sexual activity, and probably the majority of people would find it offensive. Be that as it may, Anne Rice is a great writer, of the darker stuff, for sure. I'm just tired of people using what they have freely chosen to read, watch or ingest as a reason why they commit crimes and hurt other people. I'm not sure if this is the reading material, but it is surely an example of what was popular in the 80's. It would look innocent enough...however, it isn't.

I checked the Anne Rice books you mentioned, and I don't think that's it. The covers DO look innocent (if a little sexual) and that's what makes me think they weren't what he requested. Didn't Wolfe say that it was the violence pictured in the cover art (a women being hit in the head with a rock that caught her attention and made her photograph them)? That's what makes me think it wasn't the Rice books. With his love of "fantasy" I was thinking it might be some type of graphic novels (I think that's the proper term). I'm gonna keep looking. And you're right, Anne Rice is a terrific writer.

O/T: Doc Watson just died. I mention this because he was a NC TREASURE. I was just talking with my 7 year old tonight about him. We were planning to see him in concert next month in Raleigh. We were both excited. It was to be her first concert. I miss him already.

O/T: I wanted to recommend a book to you guys. "A Silence of Mockingbirds" by Karen Spear Zacharis. It's a book about the murder of 3 year old Karly Sheehan in Corvallis, Oregan. Karly was beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend. Even though I knew the outcome of the story, I pulled the book out of the mailbox, unwrapped it and immediately read it cover to cover. Then I cried and read it again. Zacharis is journalist of 20 years. But what makes her book really interesting is that for a short time, Sarah Sheehan, Karly's mother, lived in the Zacharis household and Karen acted as a 2nd mother to her. I think you guys would really enjoy it. I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen.

I checked the Anne Rice books you mentioned, and I don't think that's it. The covers DO look innocent (if a little sexual) and that's what makes me think they weren't what he requested. Didn't Wolfe say that it was the violence pictured in the cover art (a women being hit in the head with a rock that caught her attention and made her photograph them)? That's what makes me think it wasn't the Rice books. With his love of "fantasy" I was thinking it might be some type of graphic novels (I think that's the proper term). I'm gonna keep looking. And you're right, Anne Rice is a terrific writer.

O/T: Doc Watson just died. I mention this because he was a NC TREASURE. I was just talking with my 7 year old tonight about him. We were planning to see him in concert next month in Raleigh. We were both excited. It was to be her first concert. I miss him already.

O/T: I wanted to recommend a book to you guys. "A Silence of Mockingbirds" by Karen Spear Zacharis. It's a book about the murder of 3 year old Karly Sheehan in Corvallis, Oregan. Karly was beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend. Even though I knew the outcome of the story, I pulled the book out of the mailbox, unwrapped it and immediately read it cover to cover. Then I cried and read it again. Zacharis is journalist of 20 years. But what makes her book really interesting is that for a short time, Sarah Sheehan, Karly's mother, lived in the Zacharis household and Karen acted as a 2nd mother to her. I think you guys would really enjoy it. I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen.
When the people testifying are talking about "books" I think they may mean graphic novels. I was in his house and I saw what was on his bookshelves. He is a big fan of graphic novels. I'd look to graphic novels if I were trying to figure out what he's been reading.

I really hate to post off-topic but this particular topic is so close to my heart.
The only time I ever met Doc Watson, I was about 17-years-old. I'd played a set and passed him as I walked off stage. He said, "That's a powerful right hand you've got, little miss." I said, "I thought you were blind." He said, "I'm blind but I ain't deaf." We sat, talked and shared a can of Diet Pepsi. From that day on, I've always preferred Diet Pepsi to any other beverage.
I feel so grateful to have had a few short minutes with such a legend, great musician and all-around good man. Rest well, Doc.

no1,

I don't know if JW will get the DP (I think probably not), but I don't see a jury giving him less than 1st degree.

Is the trial going to start late today? WRAL doesn't have that little square box to 'watch live' up there yet?

I had a weird thing happen today. I teach music lessons at my home, as I've done since way before Jason ever lived here. The first thing my new student said today was, "Didn't that Williford guy live around here somewhere?" I told him, "Yes, you're sitting in Apt. B and Williford lived about 30 feet away, in Apt. D." (Jason and his mess have cost me SO much business, I can't begin to tell you how much money I've lost because of him....) Most of the people I've had to say that to say, "Uh..." and never come back. Much to my surprise, this new student said, "That guy broke into my house a few years ago. I came home at about 2 am and all the sudden my dog was going nuts, barking at something in the living room. When I walked into the room, there was a tall, lanky guy just standing there. He was really high or drunk and asked me how to get to Hillsborough Street. I told him to leave. As he left, he pet my dog and slowly made his way out the door. I saw the photos of him before but now that he's shaved his beard, I recognize him. He's definitely the guy who broke into my house that night."
This student of mine is no quack. He's an ER surgeon at the hospital at UNC in Chapel Hill. I have very little reason to doubt Jason didn't bust into his house in the weeks or months around when he did what he did to Miss Taft.
It is a small world, after all.

Wow -- what a story!! Your poor but lucky student!

Do you know where your student lived at the time of the break-in? I would love to get a feel for JW's "territory." Just how far did he roam?

And your remarks on JW's probable preference for graphic novels makes good sense, no1 -- lotsa pictures, few words. Some of those pics in those books don't need words... Did his folks think they were delivering Archie comics or what??

Hello? Anyone have video yet? Hubby is downstairs making my coffee, can't think straight without my first cup. :( < waving groggily >

JW's haircut, I just had a flashback to my teens, when we first set eyes on 'The Beatles'.

Speaking of Google, I'm surprised none of you googled his e-mail or online identity after today's testimony. Check it out:
http://www.wireclub.com/users/jaybass79/about
He says he's living alone. He also says he rarely drinks, considers himself to be be a good-looking dude and holds some sort of executive position as a job. HA!

haha. I had my grandson yesterday so wasn't present! But I did write it down when i later watched the videos...LOL. Couldn't let that one go by.
Good morning!:seeya:

That defense attorney's voice is nagging at me today........I have no patience for listening to his tone.

Originally Posted by lib's mom

I really hate to post off-topic but this particular topic is so close to my heart.
The only time I ever met Doc Watson, I was about 17-years-old. I'd played a set and passed him as I walked off stage. He said, "That's a powerful right hand you've got, little miss." I said, "I thought you were blind." He said, "I'm blind but I ain't deaf." We sat, talked and shared a can of Diet Pepsi. From that day on, I've always preferred Diet Pepsi to any other beverage.
I feel so grateful to have had a few short minutes with such a legend, great musician and all-around good man. Rest well, Doc.

O/T:
What a loss for all of us, l'mom, and what a wonderful story, no1. Thanks to you both.

Ever since I heard the news, "Tennessee Stud" has been playing in my head. Ohh, he was good, and yes, a good rep for NC's music-making.

A far, far cry from JW and his style.
icon8.gif

Speaking of Google, I'm surprised none of you googled his e-mail or online identity after today's testimony. Check it out:
http://www.wireclub.com/users/jaybass79/about
He says he's living alone. He also says he rarely drinks, considers himself to be be a good-looking dude and holds some sort of executive position as a job. HA!

I have convinced myself there is a can of disinfectant and socks visible in the background of his photos.

Ironic that one of his favorite show is "Intervention."

I do think the books might have been graphic novels; the pictures seemed large and colorful.

That defense attorney's voice is nagging at me today........I have no patience for listening to his tone.

He is totally boring me with his recitation. And I'm sure the rest of the crowd. How long will this go on? He is desperately trying to make Dr. Wolfe look bad, and it just AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr. This (IMO) badgering and bullying by the DT of the good Dr. Wolfe is not winning him or JW any points or sympathy. He needs to back off, but what else have they got? Puh-leeeeze stop!!
icon8.gif

I woke with a migraine--weather, Beryl--and I can barely sit here and listen to the defense attorney attacking the good doctor--especially when he gets into that high pitched voice mode. Just sit down and be done with it please.

OOPS__Good Morning Peeps!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back