Personal Messages

Snick1946

Reaction score
A new member on a thread I am on says he cannot use personal messaging until he has a certain number of posts? Is this correct and if so how many?
I do have the option of communicating withhim via email but for complicated reasons I do not want to do that until I know more about him, thanks.

A new member on a thread I am on says he cannot use personal messaging until he has a certain number of posts? Is this correct and if so how many?
I do have the option of communicating withhim via email but for complicated reasons I do not want to do that until I know more about him, thanks.

I think I got mine at 50-ish.

I guess I can understand the reasons for this but 50 something seems pretty high.
Without divulging too much this is a situation in which a new poster has information he is afraid to put on the board that could be important on an unsolved murder. None of us on the thread know him/her so we are leery of using the email method. He did use visitor comments on my profile page to communicate with me and I have deleted those for his safety. What he was able to give me using this method seems valid and important.
Any suggestions as to how and if this can be facilitated? Could someone at WS step in and allow him at this point to PM?

Talk to a mod they can help you.

The game room is a great way to get in your posts in a relatively short period of time...

This thread has answered my question with regards to why I don't have PM privileges yet. However, is that the same for the email button? I don't see an email feature anywhere. Is there a certain number of posts that are required before the email feature will show. I do have it checked to receive email from admin and others.

TYIA

Wow, 50? That's really high!! I try not to post unless I have something valuable to add to the conversation considering the threads are very long which can make it hard to keep up. Mods keep posting asking members to PM a mod if they have any questions but I can't do that since I don't have PM abilities.

Wow, 50? That's really high!! I try not to post unless I have something valuable to add to the conversation considering the threads are very long which can make it hard to keep up. Mods keep posting asking members to PM a mod if they have any questions but I can't do that since I don't have PM abilities.

Hi there! Go up above your post till you see 's post. At the bottom of it, there is a place where it says ' email me' click that. You will send him an email, and don't have to pm him. HTH

Hi there! Go up above your post till you see 's post. At the bottom of it, there is a place where it says ' email me' click that. You will send him an email, and don't have to pm him. HTH

Thank you. Unfortunately, doesn't work with the way my internet explorer is set up. It tries to open up my old verizon (which won't load anymore). With your tip, I figured out that I can use that feature when I'm on my husband's laptop so at least it's something. Thanks!

You can easily achieve 50 posts by visiting the games forum, there you can post in numerous threads and in some it's even acceptable to post over and over until you reach the required 50 posts... hope that helps :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back