Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from Dominic's response to the FAPI's statement.

"For your information, D&A Investigations, Inc. have worked this Case since July 2008 and continue to do so under a Retainer Agreement with the Anthony Family. James Hoover is not affiliated, employed nor subcontracted by D&A nor has ever been. Furthermore, he never performed any investigations in connection with this Case for D&A or the Anthony Family. James Hoover “offered” to help the Family with security then engaged in unforgivable acts such as, secretly videotaping the Family and myself in an attempt make money. For the record, your allegations directed toward me and my Agency are false, baseless and have injected uninformed opinion’s to the public arena."

Kindest regards,
Dominic Casey, Private Investigator
D&A Investigations, Inc."

James H. accompanied Dominic to the woods off of Suburban Dr. and videotaped the search (not a secret videotaping either, IMO). How can Dominic claim that JH was not acting as a PI/Investigator that worked along side him in this case ? Searching those woods together shows a pretty close working relationship, if you ask me.

I agree with you, LE surely pointed out this out to Dominick too when they interviewed him that they were very near one another while that filming in the woods was going on. There is no way Dominick didn't know Hoover was there and indeed they were speaking to one another in parts. He was cold busted lying to them. The judge already ruled he has no privilege. Indeed he will be made to answer questions at the civil trial as well, imo. The funny thing is since we have already seen his e mails back and forth to Cindy, the obvious questions that detail how and to what extent he looked for the Zanny the Nanny have already been answered. He did not.The fact that the PI hired by the family claims to have been chasing down locations where Casey partied as a teen rather than looking in to every single Zenaida Gonzalez one could find tells us and the jury all we need to know. The family wasn't investigating any Zanny because they knew one did not exist. Game over.

1. There was no babysitter.
2. Casey is the only one who had the child.
3. She never reported the child missing.
4. Casey admitted to telling lie after lie to police and leading them on a wild goose chase.
5.. The little bones are finally discovered, so we know the child is indeed dead.
6. The private investigator under contract with Casey knew out of all the places on this earth, exactly ( within a few feet) where she put the baby's body.

The rest is icing on the cake for me if I were a juror. There are no coincidence in criminal law.

Rather than help Cindy's daughter, anything and all things Dominick did rather help the state establish fact number one, there was no babysitter. For him to continue to insist he has remained under contract with Casey all along is a nightmare for her defense in my opinion, that is a straight line that says loud and clear Casey knew where the dead body was. Play over. Cut. Scene. Sentencing phase.

I think when push comes to shove, Dominic will be made to tell the truth about his knowledge concerning the location of Caylee's remains. He doesn't strike me as the type to take the fall for anyone. This direct link from Dominic back to Casey will be more than enough for the states case. The state knows that Dominic holds vital information and they aren't going to let him go so easily. He's been so quiet lately, I wonder why ?

Dominic knows "he's the smoking gun". I'd be scared too if I were him.

Dominic knows "he's the smoking gun". I'd be scared too if I were him.

Oh yeah...."hell hath no fury like an Anthony scorned". I think he realizes that if he spills it....not only will he never work in the PI field again....that he will never be free of the curse of this case.

My understanding is the state can request an investigative interview with anyone and does not have to notify the defense or the court of the interview (and vice versa). It is part of their investigation and may or may not be pertinent to the case. If after the interview the state thinks the testimony will be useful in court, they will add the person to their witness list for the case. Once someone is on a witness list, if either side, prosecution or defense, wants to talk to them it must be done by a deposition, which is filed with the court and the opposing side must be able to attend if they so desire. This is my interpretation of it, so if it is wrong, anyone please correct.

I can agree with you to a point. The state can investigate anyone without notifying the defense. But I think that there is a point like if there was any question or evidence that the person they are investigating might be involved in the crime they must notify the defense even if they rule that person out.

Eg. a woman gets raped one night. A known rapist is picked up in the same area and is ruled out for being the rapist in that crime. Another man is charged with the rape. The state would be required to advise the defense that the known rapist was in the area as he could provide "reasonable doubt" for the person who was charged. It is up to the defense to bring up the known rapist and up to the jury to rule out the known rapist. Lots of convictions are overturned because the state failed to turn over the exculpatory evidence.

Oh yeah...."hell hath no fury like an Anthony scorned". I think he realizes that if he spills it....not only will he never work in the PI field again....that he will never be free of the curse of this case.

Bold mine.

Boy, you sure nailed this! Anyone in contact with any of the Anthonys has undoubtedly fallen under their curse...every last one of them.

Remind me if I see GA/CA/LA coming towards me, to run like hell the other way! :crazy:

I agree with you, LE surely pointed out this out to Dominick too when they interviewed him that they were very near one another while that filming in the woods was going on. There is no way Dominick didn't know Hoover was there and indeed they were speaking to one another in parts. He was cold busted lying to them. The judge already ruled he has no privilege. Indeed he will be made to answer questions at the civil trial as well, imo. The funny thing is since we have already seen his e mails back and forth to Cindy, the obvious questions that detail how and to what extent he looked for the Zanny the Nanny have already been answered. He did not.The fact that the PI hired by the family claims to have been chasing down locations where Casey partied as a teen rather than looking in to every single Zenaida Gonzalez one could find tells us and the jury all we need to know. The family wasn't investigating any Zanny because they knew one did not exist. Game over.

4. Casey admitted to telling lie after lie to police and leading them on a wild goose chase.
5.. The little bones are finally discovered, so we know the child is indeed dead.
6. The private investigator under contract with Casey knew out of all the places on this earth, exactly ( within a few feet) where she put the baby's body.

The rest is icing on the cake for me if I were a juror. There are no coincidence in criminal law.

Rather than help Cindy's daughter, anything and all things Dominick did rather help the state establish fact number one, there was no babysitter. For him to continue to insist he has remained under contract with Casey all along is a nightmare for her defense in my opinion, that is a straight line that says loud and clear Casey knew where the dead body was. Play over. Cut. Scene. Sentencing phase.
I remember the meeting with Cindy and George when Cindy said Dom was ok to talk to. Casey's response was that she knew who she could/couldn't talk to. Somebody must have advised them(the family) of who was covered under "privileged" conversation. So if Casey told DC during the time he was under contract where to locate Caylee, but then he went out searching when he no longer was acting as an extension of her attorney, would the info shared still be considered privileged and that's what they're arguing about? Ok...now I've confused myself. LOL

Does anyone know when DCasey is supposed to be back in court, to answer to Morgan/Mitnik's Motion to Compel for his depo in the Civil Case? Here is the motion.

http://www.forthepeople.com/New_Motion_to_Compel.pdf

One media published that it was set for Jan 10 2010... but it just been pointed out to me that Jan 10 falls on a Sunday. So that news article can't have been correct. Anyone know the correct date?

It seems like the State likely already interviewed Dominick by using the time they had already scheduled for him according to the judge's instructions here in this motions hearing.
Any local gossip about this yet?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70[/ame]

I can't say I feel bad for him in the least bit (not saying you do). He did this to himself after he slithered into this case and conducting shady dealings with baez and the A's (mainly CA), then blatantly lying to LE about it. I very much doubt he would have "prayed and then called LE" if he found the remains of Caylee. I honestly think he would have destroyed evidence and moved the body. Thank God that Kronk found her.

I don't think he will take the fall for anyone, but I do think he will lie about it til the very end, until he's backed into a corner and cannot deny it any longer.. just to save his own hide.

Part of me thinks that he's lying because he cares about cindy (bleh) but I bet when push comes to shove, he'd push and shove her under the bus without hesitation. The other reason he lies is, like you guys state, he knows he's the "link", the "smoking gun".

Talking to a psychic my butt. May the truth come out and may justice be served for Caylee.

I pray when all is said and done that we can gather up all the vile and loathesome people in this case, all the people that obstructed justice, all the people that lied or will lie under oath, all the people that hindered the investigation....and toss them in jail where they belong.

How these people can live with themselves, I'll never know.

There could still be a "daisy chain" if DC got the info directly from KC and started a little rumor grapevine by talking to city employees, specifically the meter reader supervisor in the Anthony neighborhood.

IIRC, there are pics of DC with LA around the end of July, so we know they had opportunity to talk perhaps. It would have had to have been during this time period if the RK set up for August would fly. KC may have been convinced that finding Caylee's body while she was in jail would somehow make her look innocent and her kidnapping story true. Her main goal at that point was getting out of jail and back to her life.

I have been out of the loop for a while, and am trying to read and catch up....lot of the legal jargon I don't understand, however, I think this post is right on.....doesn't it mean that then DC would not necessarily break privileged info???? then RK was set up and tried to deliver but the LE on duty didn't follow up like was planned, so then, another plot was considered and RK set up once again.....I don't think he actually knew what he was getting himself in for, but it allowed DC to give the info, w/out actually giving the info?????

or am I completely misunderstanding the whole gist here????? help me!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4tDwGS1c4[/ame]

Dominick didn't even look into the matters of what was in the car that we know of, did he?

This is Dominick's lawyer,a year ago. Oh my!!!! She states she thinks they should go with the insanity defense, it is their only hope. I wonder if mom and pop know that their Dom's lawyer has made these statements on national TV? You just can't make this stuff up!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-0bfuneak[/ame]

I have been out of the loop for a while, and am trying to read and catch up....lot of the legal jargon I don't understand, however, I think this post is right on.....doesn't it mean that then DC would not necessarily break privileged info???? then RK was set up and tried to deliver but the LE on duty didn't follow up like was planned, so then, another plot was considered and RK set up once again.....I don't think he actually knew what he was getting himself in for, but it allowed DC to give the info, w/out actually giving the info?????

or am I completely misunderstanding the whole gist here????? help me!!!

No, that's what I intended to say. DC may have promised to get it done "in a backward kinda way" to have plausible deniability.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6y9EH-G6Q[/ame]

Thanks for that World - one of the last lines is pretty chilling - Greta says there is nothing in all of these text messages that shows any concern for the child, even after she is reported missing.

Thanks for that World - one of the last lines is pretty chilling - Greta says there is nothing in all of these text messages that shows any concern for the child, even after she is reported missing.

I like to revisit the videos because they tell us the story and remind us of exactly how twisted all this is.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoSennWSbVw[/ame]

A while back I did some research to look into the daisy chain theory and I compiled this timeline:

July 26/28- Casey states to Lee -“In my gut she is still OK and it still feels like she is close to home”.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17018486/detail.html

August 4 - Casey tells her father “She’s close” in a jailhouse visit
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17084757/detail.html

August 8- PI Casey visits Casey A.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/8/14/parents_to_visit_casey_anthony.html

August 11- Kronk makes first call
Transcripts of the three calls: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19342049/detail.html

August 12- Kronk makes 2nd call
August 13- Kronk makes 3rd call
August 14- Anthony’s visit Casey; Casey becomes angry : also confrontation with media where George yells to shut up
http://www.wesh.com/news/18494885/detail.html

August 21 Casey bonded out by Padilla
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17202414/detail.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407742,00.html

In the first information released regarding the 10 days Padilla spent with Anthony, he said her remarks rebutted what was being said on TV. A lead investigator confirms that during one of those trips, Anthony blurted out "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing" about those searching for Caylee. http://www.wesh.com/news/18009037/detail.html

November 8- Hoover approaches volunteer at TES

SAT, November 8, 2008 – TES leads group of volunteers in a search of a 25-acre area around the OIA for Caylee. They found nothing.
P.I. Jim Hoover claims he told Tim Miller to search in the wooded area off of Suburban DR near the Anthony home. He allegedly approached TES Volunteer, Bill Todd about a tip that someone saw Casey’s car parked near a patch of woods on Suburban DR, back in June 2008.
”……. P.I. Hoover on the 8th of November was out at Texas EquuSearch and in front of several people actually filed a search directive, in other words, it’s a form they fill out saying that the body was actually where it was located. I don’t know whatever happened to that. I do know that people in law enforcement are trying to track it down,” says Leonard Padilla.
http://humbleopinionforum.net/cma-timeline-november-2008/

November 11- Kronk makes another visit to area but does not go into wooded area

Page 12 and page 17 http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19341482/detail.html

November 15- Hoover and PI Casey video tape at site where Caylee's remains were found
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...tigator-searching-for-Caylee-Anthonys-remains

November 16 – PIs go out there again and tape
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...tigator-searching-for-Caylee-Anthonys-remains

December 11- Caylee’s remains found

Thomas Luka interviewed with Megyn Kelly on Fox. Luka says that charges could be pending against Lee. Here is the conversation:

KELLY: What do you make of these charges, these potential charges? What are you hearing is the possibly basis behind them?

LUKA: Well, first of all, there has been no announcement, formal or otherwise, that there are charges pending against Lee Anthony. This is all speculation and rumor at this time.

What I can tell you is that there has been speculation that he may be charged as an accessory after the fact for some sort of obstruction of justice charge.

The law in Florida, the statue in Florida dealing with obstruction of justice is very broad and gives prosecutors a wide latitude to use that power to charge individuals in order to motivate them to testify against other defendants.

From a year ago today, so I guess Lee was indeed never charged. Does he have immunity now that he is on the State's witness list?
Here is the video.http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...//www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473947,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77