WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that I've pondered ever since LE said they knew she/or her phone was at the boat launch at 3:40pm was-- if they knew this about her exact location at that moment, then they must also know the whereabouts of her/or her phone BEFORE AND AFTER that point, up until the last ping at 5:42pm. Unless the phone was turned off after 3:40pm.

ASSUMPTION: Could be they know that exact moment because they have it on video. Once she left the boat launch area, (with her phone I imagine... at least for a little while), they might only be able to known her approximate location by way of cell phone ping triangulation, (that would be if the cell phone was even left on until the 5:42 pm ping - it has been described as an on/off ping, (meaning phone wasn't left on between those times), but that was only a comment left at a WW article, (that I know of).

Of course, there has been talk and speculation, (although no RUMOR that I know of), that the phone could have had GPS enabled. This could be very helpful because ping location isn't an exact science and is only treated as circumstantial evidence, (according to the cell phone expert who has posted here previously). Of course, this is just my opinion and recollection of previous postings.

Funny thing is, LE also stated to a WS who was walking down at the boat launch that LE also KNEW her car was there at 3:40 pm. Knowing the cell phone was there could be GPS... or possible ping location... but knowing MC was with her phone AND her car was there too makes me believe they have video. Since this is also the last communication on her cell phone it makes me believe she met up with someone right than also, (meaning video might also contain the "suspect").

Noticed this after I posted about the fundraising dance in my previous post:

"The Dance For Mackenzie Cowell be a fundraiser to help raise money for the funds needed to catch her killer, and funds for the family. Charge is $10 at the door. All funds go to Cowell Fund."

(BBM)

It says funds needed to catch killer ... yet all funds go to the Cowell Fund. Hmmm, interesting, imo.

I have to admit this event seems a little "unusual" - the sponsor is a local photographer with a myspace page that claims to do modeling portfolios among many other events, like quincianearas? :waitasec:

It is #16 down in blue (I did last name, first name, and O as the middle initial). It is an SB (subpoena) line 147 ( JF's name is spelled without the c).

I viewed some of the Huffman documents and JF was listed as having been served with a subpoena for phone records. The sister/wife's phone records were subpoenaed as well.

I have to admit this event seems a little "unusual" - the sponsor is a local photographer with a myspace page that claims to do modeling portfolios among many other events, like quincianearas? :waitasec:

a coming of age ceremony for 15 year old girls. His assistant is also 15.

What I think is unusual is that he used to be on Mackenzie's F/B friends list but has since unfriended her. (?) Nevertheless, I'm glad somebody is doing something to keep Mackenzie's name out there, at least. I would imagine his 'good will' will help boost his image in the community, and help him drum up a little business in the future. JMO

I had said it before, that I Personally KNOW a business owner in that block, I had asked them if LE talked with them. The answer was clearly NO. You would think they would have spoke with all owners, employees, possible customers if they had seen anything unusual in the parking lot. The owers I know, called LE on their own and stated a weirdo was kissing and licking motion at their window before they opened. To my recollection only, I beleive that happened after LE found MC

They wouldn't feel any need for questioning if they already knew where she went and who she was with. IMO.

They wouldn't feel any need for questioning if they already knew where she went and who she was with. IMO.

I agree, but it will look very bad when the defense attorney starts asking LE why they didn't investigate other avenues/suspects. LE was counting on an open and shut case on this one based on a confession or direct evidence. If they are forced to attempt to present a case based mostly or entirely on circumstantial evidence this kind of action could sway a jury. When you stare at any one person hard enough you will always be able to find some amount of circumstantial evidence.

found something interesting on mc video the truck up against the lightpole looksan awfull lot like the cb guy who owns the bars. maybe its just me but wonder how long the truck was their. another thing i noticed the video not that great of quality but wouldnt her taillights have flashed when the doors were unlocked. unless someone was in the car already.

found something interesting on mc video the truck up against the lightpole looksan awfull lot like the cb guy who owns the bars. maybe its just me but wonder how long the truck was their. another thing i noticed the video not that great of quality but wouldnt her taillights have flashed when the doors were unlocked. unless someone was in the car already.

My tail lights don't flash when I unlock my doors.

But LE may have a better method. I am also following the Lindsey Baum case. And the FBI allowed ABC Nightline inside their command post. One of the capabilities they have is that they can process all cell phone pings and ID every individual and where their cell phone(usually on that person) at any point in time. Pretty awesome when you think of the possibilities.

Actually they only are able to id the phone, not the 'individual' using the phone unless they are surveilling the 'individual'.

Of course there is the 'speech recognition' angle, but a 'smart' perp might disguise his/her voice.

Yes, awesome, but not perfect.

Noticed this after I posted about the fundraising dance in my previous post:

"The Dance For Mackenzie Cowell be a fundraiser to help raise money for the funds needed to catch her killer, and funds for the family. Charge is $10 at the door. All funds go to Cowell Fund."

(BBM)

It says funds needed to catch killer ... yet all funds go to the Cowell Fund. Hmmm, interesting, imo.

Something similar occurred in the Lindsey Baum case. The sponsor was notified and the flier text was corrected ... it was a phrasing mistake.

Regarding the 'Dance For Mackenzie Cowell' flier, I suspect the person who phrased it meant to suggest checks should be written as to 'Cowell Fund'. Just a guess...

Something similar occurred in the Lindsey Baum case. The sponsor was notified and the flier text was corrected ... it was a phrasing mistake.

Regarding the 'Dance For Mackenzie Cowell' flier, I suspect the person who phrased it meant to suggest checks should be written as to 'Cowell Fund'. Just a guess...

It wasn't a flyer. It's posted as an event on MySpace.

http://profile.myspace.com/Modules/Applications/Pages/Canvas.aspx?appId=119211&appParams;={"rt":"/A/Event/View/1151018"}

I don't foresee many of the people (probably mostly teens) that will be attending this event will be writing checks. JMO.

I guess it could be a typo but I'm thinking it probably isn't.

I need help understanding this.

According to the timeline:

MC leaves Academy of Hair at 3:01 pm

MC cell phone is traced to the boat launch at 3:40 pm

fYI, Puff, there is a discrepancy on time stamps - timeline says 3:40pm but your map reference states 3:30pm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4951922&postcount=9

In the Youtube video, MC exits the parking lot, turn right, but does not turn onto S.Mission but apparently continues heading southwest on Kittitas St. The next block over is S Chelan St. but this heads SE.

Request locals to Wenatchee to clarify something for me - what am I missing?
How to you get from the parking lot to the boad launch? :waitasec:

Was MC going somewhere else first?:waitasec:

ETA: Just to keep from losing this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #11

forgot to post the link where I got the home address

(snip)

If this person hasn't been named as a suspect, I don't believe his name can be published here. Your URL does have his name in it.

It was posted way back in another thread. I remember it too. It was rumored.

It was rumored. I asked the person who posted the rumor to give info on where the rumor came from; s/he never responded.

FYI.

I am a perennial student of human nature, who for the past fifteen years has personally found that the art/science of astrology best helps me personally to gain understanding into what it means to be human from a philosophical and psychological standpoint. With that being said, I want more than anything to understand WHY. I did a query chart asking why and what follows is the information I received. It is purely subjective and intuitive, not meant to be taken literal.
Regarding SELF. Seen many struggles, battles, conflicts. Communicated strongly in terms of I AM. Defended honor and did not know when to give up. Used words as swords, vengeful and revengeful. Domestic violence.
In regards to OTHER. Overcoming hysteria. A fool giving full vent to anger, losing control. Emotional manipulation and bullying. Misuse of energy. Swaying others to personal gain. Being aggressive, demanding and overbearing. Propogandist.
In regards to VIEWPOINT OF THE WORLD. World of affluence and priviledge saturated with plastic toys, TV, and unrestrained passion. Shallow and spoiled without the ability to think of consequences.
In regards to the WILL. In the master there is a servant, in the servant a master. The moment a slave resolves to no longer be a slave, fetters will fall, and self will be free. Child needed guidance, parents too busy. Needed to be taught that freedom and slavery are mental states.
In regards to EMOTION. Fences, borders, barriers to speaking truth. Being non-compliant.
In regards to THOUGHTS. Issues of the day being brought to the table to be discussed and resolved. Asking for more. Guilt around issues of providing. Arguing. Cutlery. Hired hands.
In regards to ENERGY. Daughter of the American revolution. Rocking cradle. Shake up. militant revolt against tradition and monarchy behind it. Containment, walls, boundaries, trapped, claustrophobic, seeing only one way out, painted self into corner.
In regards to SOUL POTENTIAL. Responsibility. Child acting like grown up. Parents unable. Having too much to carry in regards to physical, mental health. Weighed down.
In regards to UNCONSCIOUS. Initiate doing examination and being evaluated by elders. Judged, tested. Desired to bring another down. Refused advice. Arrogant. Invaded others private space. Hid, fearing ridicule.
In regards to LESSONS/KARMA. To transmute what is customary into what has been ordained. Evolution. Ascension. Leap ahead in consciousness. Finding kindred spirits. Indigo child. Losing touch with practical survival.
In regards to END OF MATTERS. our bodies are our gardens to which our will gardeners. Growing towards leaving self open without protection from lower basic elements. Not knowing when to stop. Leaving a mess. Clearing of past. Scales will balance. Justice slow but sure.
First post, I hope it is not in the wrong forum.

It was good for me to revisit. I went to Mission Ridge yesterday and on the way looked for Pitcher Canyon. It is 2 miles from Lincoln Park (which has a bus stop), if the car was 1.5 miles up the canyon, that is only 3.5 miles from town. I was led to believe that the car was 9 to 11 miles out of town. It was way closer than I thought...barely out of town. I noticed that there were orchards along the road too. Someone did not have to walk by the road to get out of there; they could have walked through back yards etc. Please someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie