Identified! CA - San Diego, WhtFem 598UFCA, 20-40, in orange suitcase, Jun'73 - Arminda Grangeia Rodrigues da Silva Ribeiro

kpdx

RIP Precious Lisa Roberts
Reaction score
Here is another possible match for San Diego Jane located in 1973:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/598ufca.html

with Antoinette Marino. I can't find any more than Antoinette's doe and charley profiles, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1665dfca.html

but i think this is a good possible because of the demographics, type of death, and comparison of images.

i wanted to put these two together to also link up that two women went missing from similar area around similar time. i think its always helpful to keep that in mind.

let me know what you think on this one, i am not sure without antoinette's dental or dna whether a match can be made to jane.

The Doe Network:
Case File 598UFCA

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 17, 1973 in San Diego Bay, San Diego County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly of Portuguese or Italian descent. Black, medium length hair; brown eyes. Well kept nails.
Distinguishing Marks: There was a ½“ birthmark on her left outer thigh, similar to a mole. There were also two smallpox-type vaccination marks on her right shoulder and possibly a small round scar on her left cheek.
Dentals: Perfect teeth.
Case History
On June 13, 1973 San Diego police discovered the body of a young woman underneath the pier at the foot of Laurel Street.
The woman’s body had been dismembered and placed into an orange suitcase and several green plastic garbage bags.
The woman was never identified, nor was the perpetrator, and the motive behind her death remains a mystery.
Although the woman’s remains were found in San Diego, investigators at the time thought she might have been from the Los Angeles area.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
San Diego Police Department
Cold Case Team
619-531-2293
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
73-27728

Source Information:
San Diego Police Department

Antoinette Diane Marino

Missing since around June 1, 1972 from Lynwood, Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 18, 1942
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 100-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
Medical: Toni had a drug and alcohol problem at the time of her disappearance.
AKA: Toni; Jennifer D. Ruff; Carol Volt.
She also used the last names of Basta and Biral interchanged with the first names of Antoinette, Toni, Diane, Jennifer and Carol.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Marino was last seen at her father and stepmother's home in Lynwood California on June 1, 1972 and was never seen or heard from again.
She was known to frequent bars in the N. Hollywood area. She spent some time in Salinas, CA and in the Big Sur area of California in the late 1960's.

Toni had a drug and alcohol problem, but still kept in contact with her family on a regular basis. That contact abruptly stopped in 1972 and she was never seen or heard from again.
Coroner's offices in Los Angeles and surrounding counties have been checked for Jane Does, but there have been no hits.
There has been no activity on her social security number. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Long Beach Police Department
562-435-6711

Agency Case Number: 05-0028005

NCIC Number: M-844832083
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

CA DOJ
The Doe Network

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1665dfca.html

Someone else mentioned this match on a possible match between this doe and Sherry Jean Pickle. What do you guys think about this?

I had the same initial reaction as webrocket with regards to the weight differences. However doenet indicates the MP had both a drug and alcohol problem and it is not unusual for habitual drinkers to gain weight. It's the drinkers who drink and rarely eat subsituting alcohol for food that tend to stay on the thinner side. Because of that I think it may be possible for the MP to have gained 30 lbs in a year.

That said part of the info on Doenet for the MP indicates the following: Coroner's offices in Los Angeles and surrounding counties have been checked for Jane Does, but there have been no hits.

I looked and did not see this UID in NamUs so no list of rule outs that I can determine to see if the MP and UID have been compared.

I don't see a lot of resemblence but I would at least call the ME and ask if the UID has been compared to Antoinette. It may already have been ruled out depending on how long the investigators on the MP case compared UID's from surrounding counties.

I have my doubts about this match if for no other reason the UID is at least 30 lbs heavier than Antoinette and she was reported to have had a problem with drugs. people with drug problems typically do not gain 30 lbs in one year.

I see where you are coming from with this, but I am wondering where the numbers for Antoinette's weight are coming from? A lot of women estimate themselves considerably lighter than they are on their driver's license (they say that men tend to estimate themselves taller)?

I was curious if Antoinette Marino had ever been ruled out as being this Jane Doe, too.

What is the definition of "recent"? Less than a year, I would guess. Jane Doe was found June 17, 1973 under a pier and Antoinette Marino disappeared a year before. Her pattern of staying in touch with her parents, the weight difference, the "well kept nails" and the condition of the body's teeth indicate they might not be the same. Teeth are a very good indicator of long term drug abuse.

If you go on the Doe network site for today Oct. 29 her case has been closed and archived with no mention of resolution. Maybe your match was her

If you go on the Doe network site for today Oct. 29 her case has been closed and archived with no mention of resolution. Maybe your match was her

the missing person's Doe page is gone but the UID's is still up. leads me to think that Marino was matched to someone else (or found alive).

I sent an e-mail to Rebecca Roberts of DoeNet to ask if she knows why Antoinette was removed.

She replied as follows:

Unfortuately I have no info. Frustrating to me as well.
Her case was removed from CADOJ and closed. They haven't indicated in what manner, found, deceased, nothing.

I suspect that CADOJ closed the case because it was so old, they probably lost the casefile, and they didn't want to bother with tips that are probably still coming in now and then.

I'm no expert on the protocols of this site, but if the thread was set up for a particular match of a MP to a UID, then others are not supposed to be compared on the same thread.

This has recently changed. It has been decided that we want this forum to be as simple as possible for newbies and oldies alike. We need participation. We need to send these people home to their loved ones. :grouphug:

<modsnip>

I saw this missing person on the Charley Project and immediately thought of this doe although she was found a couple years later (and is several pounds heavier)

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/duncan_ann.html

What do you guys think? The picture of her with black hair I thought looked strikingly similar to this doe.

<modsnip>

I saw this missing person on the Charley Project and immediately thought of this doe although she was found a couple years later (and is several pounds heavier)

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/duncan_ann.html

What do you guys think? The picture of her with black hair I thought looked strikingly similar to this doe.

what a sad case. all those poor children!

but i think with the time lapse this is not a likely match. seems like something happened to ann within a short time after her disappearance...

Here is a new NamUs casefile:

This woman is listed (and shown in the photo) as a blonde, but based on her childhood photo, is clearly a brunette.

Aside from hair color, she fits pretty well to this Jane Doe, and the timeframe corresponds to that of the Jane Doe.

Sallie Belle Maxine Gard-Signani

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14018/4

2862026500045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2957604910045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
598UFCA.jpg

Perhaps she reverted back to her natural hair color prior to her death:

I just started a thread for her yesterday (before the photo was added to her NamUs casefile):

WA WA - Sallie Belle Maxine Gard-Signani, 32, Renton, Jun'73

ETA: Here is a re-post of the UID's DoeNet casefile

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member