Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’ll be in the minority ;) but I agree with you. It’s not far-fetched to believe she could wander there on her own. However, if she had sustained a major beating for disobedience (in reference to the child’s “condition” per the news conference) would she still be physically able to wander that far and hide (ostensibly from her father) in the culvert?

We don’t have any answers right now but they will come soon... and until then, we will carry sweet and innocent Sherin in our hearts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. If LE had evidence from the home that there had been physical violence, they would know if she was in a condition to go that far.

I have been thinking since this body was found today of a kind and abiding by TOS way to say something and there is none.
I will say brace yourselves. I think there is a curveball ahead.

Just got home and listened to the presser. And found out it was a Spring Valley culvert in the opposite direction from the Spring Valley culvert where I'd searched a week ago Saturday. Dang, I'm kicking myself. Spring Valley Rd has multiple culverts; I should've checked more of them. I am so upset about this. I'll try to think better next time; should have known it might have been an area (logically) where the account given would better fit...following the tracks north takes you right to that part of Spring Valley. :(

<respectfully snipped>

The red balloon is the Spring Valley culvert area searched 1.7 miles west of the home (E Spring Valley Rd just east of Brick Row Dr)...but she was east, apparently, at S Bowser and Spring Valley. Sorry to be so OCD-repetitive, just can't get over how close I was and how I might've found her earlier...if only I'd used my head. :cry:

Where is the kicking myself emoticon... :(
Thank you for trying. :heartbeat:

I have been thinking since this body was found today of a kind and abiding by TOS way to say something and there is none.
I totally agree!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ah yes I know exactly what you mean now! Thanks so much

You are welcome!
FYI, when you respond to a post, you can click on "reply with quote" which will make a copy of the post you are replying to. It does help, especially when the threads are moving fast like this one is, for everyone to know who is replying to what. (ETA See, I realize that three people replied to your request for culvert info, and I didn't know that so I assumed you were responding to me, but now I realize probably not! ) :) Hope that helps!

Agreed. The same one we see over and over. The autopsy will discover the DNA and then we will all be even more horrified. Sad. :(

I will say brace yourselves. I think there is a curveball ahead

Yes.

IM sorry but when they say &#8216;calvert that runs under the road&#8217; what exactly does that mean?
-sorry dumb Brit :) &#61932;&#61927;
Is it like a drain type hole? Our drains here are totally different to those in the u.s.
Sorry to make the reference but would it be like the hole type drain like in the film &#8216;it&#8217; (So sorry to put these two things in the same post)

Not a dumb Brit question...these things can vary. Not sure what the culvert looks like at Bowser, yet (haven't checked it out nor read all these past few pages), but I'll post a couple photos I took 10/14 a few miles away of the culvert that runs under the road on Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr. It's large enough to walk under.

ETA:
Culvert at E Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr (looking south towards Spring Valley):

attachment.php

Drainage pipe dumping into side wall near this culvert:
attachment.php

Spring Valley Rd above this particular culvert (I crossed the street to peek over the other side):
attachment.php

Another 'under-the-road' culvert (Hillcrest Rd at Valley View Park):
attachment.php

Again, the one at Spring Valley/Boswer Rd where LE made their discovery may look different than these I visited last week, but this is what is typically meant by an under the road culvert. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_9013culvert.jpg
    IMG_9013culvert.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,486
  • IMG_9012drainpipe.jpg
    IMG_9012drainpipe.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,454
  • IMG_9014culvertfromroad.jpg
    IMG_9014culvertfromroad.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,439
  • IMG_9033_ValleyViewParkculvert:HillcrestRd.jpg
    IMG_9033_ValleyViewParkculvert:HillcrestRd.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1,429
Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
View attachment 125185

She was 3 years old, adopted 2 years ago. What does being an adopted child from Kerala have to do with her stamina?

She could very well have been discovered by private citizens walking their dogs. Any dog can pick up scent. My husband once used our poodle/bichon mix to track a deer that he'd shot in the woods. Little Taffy sniffed us right to the deer. I would also think any of my dogs would pull the leash over to an area where a human body has been composing for X amount of days.

She could very well have been discovered by private citizens walking their dogs. Any dog can pick up scent. My husband once used our poodle/bichon mix to track a deer that he'd shot in the woods. Little Taffy sniffed us right to the deer. I would also think any of my dogs would pull the leash over to an area where a human body has been composing for X amount of days.

Wouldn't be the first time it happened.

That's not what they said in the presser.

Another Brit here who has been following all three of these threads from the UK. I've really appreciated the updates that have been posted from the video feeds unavailable to view in the UK.

This case has really struck a chord with me for several reasons- my little boy is the same age as Sherin and when I travelled to the US earlier this year I stayed just a short distance from Richmond. Sherin's name has also made me think of the case of Shannon Matthews in the UK, although the similarities stop with the name.

I've always held the opinion that the father's story was odd for reasons that would become clear when Sherin was found and it is indeed starting to make a weird kind of sense. What I don't understand is why he didn't tell LE that he went out in the car when it would have been a really logical thing to do, according to his story. "Sherin wasn't sleeping or drinking her milk, I stayed up with her for a while and did some laundry to pass the time, then punished her, then realised she was gone and drove around looking for her" makes more sense that his version (although still in no way defendable or rational).

I wonder whether there will be new information that will make this oddity fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member