Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did they say? I missed the presser.

Q: What led you to search that area?
A: Just as the investigation continues to unfold, more and more stuff came to the surface. We followed up on that and it led to the search of that area with K9s and that that’s how we came across the body.

I did NOT suspect she would be that close. I figured approx 15-20 minutes out via car. Never thought of a culvert just down the way.

Could he have spent that hour driving further away, to confuse and deflect LE?

attachment.php

https://www.nbcdfw.com/

Wow, there are houses right there! Nobody heard anything? Why here? Maybe "whoever" did this actually wanted her found quickly, The plan may have backfired. Someone wanted her found I think. MOO

Hmmmm

<respectfully snipped>

I've always held the opinion that the father's story was odd for reasons that would become clear when Sherin was found and it is indeed starting to make a weird kind of sense. What I don't understand is why he didn't tell LE that he went out in the car when it would have been a really logical thing to do, according to his story. "Sherin wasn't sleeping or drinking her milk, I stayed up with her for a while and did some laundry to pass the time, then punished her, then realised she was gone and drove around looking for her" makes more sense that his version (although still in no way defendable or rational).

I wonder whether there will be new information that will make this oddity fall into place.

My speculation only: Trying to hide criminal actions, especially something horrific like the murder of a child, is stressful. One will tend to distance oneself from the victim [it was her fault, she did something wrong] and the crime [I gave her a timeout as a punishment, I didn't touch her] [I took her outside, she must have wandered away or something else took her away]. If one used a car to transport a body, one might deny the use of a car altogether as a distancing technique even if the cover story would make more sense if a car was used. JMHO

Live at the scene, woman talking about searching those very culverts with her dog last Sunday. She came to the scene to talk to LE and tell them what she saw last Sunday. Did not see Sherin. Specifically looked inside the culverts where Sherin was found. (So if she was in the culvert, she got washed out by the rain?)
Video from house across from culvert has been lost because it has been recorded over. :(
And local resident said two men were out in that field, by the culvert, fighting and "dropping f bombs" last night at 7 pm.

RBBM

Hmmm - wondering if these two males are tied to the discovery of the body?? Did WM have assistance with this?

My speculation only: Trying to hide criminal actions, especially something horrific like the murder of a child, is stressful. One will tend to distance oneself from the victim [it was her fault, she did something wrong] and the crime [I gave her a timeout as a punishment, I didn't touch her] [I took her outside, she must have wandered away or something else took her away]. If one used a car to transport a body, one might deny the use of a car altogether as a distancing technique even if the cover story would make more sense if a car was used. JMHO

Good point! See also: Simpson, Orenthal James.

FTR, even IF by some chance she wandered, fell, got lost, or encountered coyotes, was hit by car or train, he is still ONE HUNDRED PERCENT RESPONSIBLE for this, for putting a helpless 3 year old child out there. moo.

EXACTLY. And if he had put her out there in a severe time out, but immediately began searching after 15 minutes, woke up neighbors for help searching, called 911 right then, and did every thing he could to find her, I would have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. But given they way he has admitted that he shrugged and went home to do laundry, and 'waited' for her to come home on her own, I have ZERO sympathy for him.

The MP video is not an approved source and has been removed, along with all discussion that stemmed from it.

Stick to MSM or LE, folks.

:wave:

I have a 3 yog myself who happens to be really tiny as was Sherin. This would definitely not be too far for my daughter to walk. However it's the walking in the dark that's hard to imagine.

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
attachment.php

They brought in dogs and did not pick up her scent under the tree. That rules out that she was there and possibly wandered off, no?

They have an entire block taped off, according to news. The mowers ran all over that area the other day :(

Not a dumb Brit question...these things can vary. Not sure what the culvert looks like at Bowser, yet (haven't checked it out nor read all these past few pages), but I'll post a couple photos I took 10/14 a few miles away of the culvert that runs under the road on Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr. It's large enough to walk under.

ETA:
Culvert at E Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr (looking south towards Spring Valley):

attachment.php

Drainage pipe dumping into side wall near this culvert:
attachment.php

Spring Valley Rd above this particular culvert (I crossed the street to peek over the other side):
attachment.php

Another 'under-the-road' culvert (Hillcrest Rd at Valley View Park):
attachment.php

Again, the one at Spring Valley/Boswer Rd where LE made their discovery may look different than these I visited last week, but this is what is typically meant by an under the road culvert. Hope this helps.
This looks like the drainage pipe on the opposite side of the road. I can't locate the one near the tent, but I'm still looking!

https://earth.app.goo.gl/9JUV
09aba06294db32eeb3282e2f9e23e012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Okay, I need a local for this. How quickly will the coroner get preliminary autopsy results in that area? Is the coroner Dallas County or will it have to be done in a state facility? I doubt Richardson has their own coronerbut if they did it would be surprising to have enough business for weekend hours. A preliminary result and ID would sure come in handy for the custody hearing tomorrow. Hopefully we won’t have to wait for DNA or toxicology results to get ID and COD/MOD.

p.s. Which County is the intersection of Bower and Spring Valley in Collin or Dallas?

It's Dallas County. http://communitylink.com/maps/farmersbranchtx/dallascotx/MainMap_Main.htm

EXACTLY. And if he had put her out there in a severe time out, but immediately began searching after 15 minutes, woke up neighbors for help searching, called 911 right then, and did every thing he could to find her, I would have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. But given they way he has admitted that he shrugged and went home to do laundry, and 'waited' for her to come home on her own, I have ZERO sympathy for him.

His story makes me think that whatever really happened was much worse than ordering that little girl out into a dark alleyway at 3:00 am. I'm so sorry, Sherin, you deserved so much better.

If he.put her outside in the middle of the night (which i do not believe) when he couldnt find her he would have called police if he was guilt free...
he would have been in a panic he would have awakened his wife. im not buying any of it. ..no no no.

This looks like the drainage pipe on the opposite side od the road. I can't locate the one near the tent, but I'm still looking!

https://earth.app.goo.gl/9JUV
09aba06294db32eeb3282e2f9e23e012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's considerably smaller than the culvert area I saw west of there. There's not been enough rain/water to carry her there in a torrent (if this is where they found her?). Seems rather unlikely that a coyote would happen to drop her off in there...

If this case should turn out to be death by misadventure - it's a sad state of affairs if a child is so fearful of adults, that she should elect to hide in a drain. However, being raised within a culture and social situation different from the mainstream of American society would IMO potentially influence this decision - that, together with fear of returning to the only other alternative; home. The emotive decisions of a tiny tot are so sensitive and precious.

Thankful that she has been recovered. :angel:

<modsnip>

The location has been posted a few times.

The tent seems to be over this end of the culvert (circled in red) where the other end is under the tree.
1d73042a2dc8caddb4d1b2edb706271e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I speculate he drove around to think, and eventually came up with this dumping spot in the hopes of mitigating the long-term damage to his life by gambling he'd be charged or convicted only with a lesser crime, not murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph