NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another weird comment on there from Dec. 15 that we've mentioned on here before, I just never noticed the name of the poster until now:

"The Drifter
11:39 AM
Dec 15, 2010

Just think of how many bodies they'll find by the summer."

Really? The Drifter? My head cannot handle all of these weird coincidences.

Is that a coincidence, or did the others initially refer to him Drifter as a nickname, rather than a description?

Is that a coincidence, or did the others initially refer to him Drifter as a nickname, rather than a description?

There was no mention whatsoever of "the drifter" in relation to this case back in December (when that comment was written). That came out in March or April. That's why it confuses me. It it wasn't such a creepy, ominous comment I would say it was pure coincidence.

Pete From LI appears to be another poster on the newsday forum with whom some posters have a problem. LOL...he posts on MTV too, and I think he might be "headphone pete". Not our guy.

*giggles* because the slow news day crazies have started to set in. ;)

Pete From LI appears to be another poster on the newsday forum with whom some posters have a problem. LOL...he posts on MTV too, and I think he might be "headphone pete". Not our guy.

Is he the dude who's always going on and on about corruption in the Suffolk PD?

here is a link to a story that ABC news did BEFORE the 4 bodies were ID'd...I find it curious that at 3.33 JB says to a reporter "the truth will come out". The story was was about the search for SG, and to me it seems like he KNEW none of the four were SG and that's why that response. I think he KNEW that in a couple of days the story would be "none of the 4 girls were SG" and he was anticipating that, because he had that knowledge. I mean, if you are truly innocent--then you don't KNOW the "truth", right? If a person ran screaming from my house and the media came knocking and my door, and I truly had nothing to do with the disappearance, I would say "I don't know what happened to her" but any comments about the "truth" are suspect to me. Now I guess one can argue that "the truth will come out (and it wasn't me)" could be what he was implying--but then, you STILL are implying SOMETHING--bc she was missing at the time, as she still is. Just very odd to me.

PS-you have to click the "watch on youtube" highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHw4HBa4uo&feature=related

Even weirder was his comment in a radio interview where he said, "I have no friends but the truth." WTH does THAT mean? Creepy.

Another comment, when asked if he was concerned about what this might do to his reputation, he says something to the effect of, "I've had a fortunate life." Again...WTH?!

Is he the dude who's always going on and on about corruption in the Suffolk PD?

I doubt it. PeterF14 is fairly articulate. :)

I'm not really sure who this Pete from LI is, but I'm positive he's not Mr. Hyde. Unless Mr. Hyde suffers from arrested developement, posts on MTV, and is a fan of Queens Of The Stone Age. He sure doesn't seem like that type to me. He seems like more of a Jimmy Buffet fan. LOL. ;)

(No offense, ye parrotheads.)

I doubt it. PeterF14 is fairly articulate. :)

I'm not really sure who this Pete from LI is, but I'm positive he's not Mr. Hyde. Unless Mr. Hyde suffers from arrested developement, posts on MTV, and is a fan of Queens Of The Stone Age. He sure doesn't seem like that type to me. He seems like more of a Jimmy Buffet fan. LOL. ;)

(No offense, ye parrotheads.)

I totally agree that I don't think the mystery poster is Mr. Hyde, but just because I get stuck on details sometimes, the "Pete from LI" who comes up on the MTV site is actually a reference to a kid who was on True Life "I'm Hustlin in the Hamptons." I only know that because I saw that episode and I know that's who they're talking about on MTV.com. Bottom line, the MTV thing is unrelated to the posts on the news boards. We REALLY do need new information to discuss, MK, I am starting to lose my mind too :)

Speaking of "slow news day" From a psychological profiling pov, what do you make of the body dispositions? That is, what do you think (if anything) that the victims were found strangled, nude, and wrapped in burlap? ( link ) And, while we're on the topic of clothes (or lack thereof), what do you make of this statement?

The driver said he drove back to the client's house and found Gilbert, who was clothed, in the living room on the phone with a 911 operator, saying that a man was after her. ( link)​

Hint: volunteering superfluous information is usually a marker for what?

Even weirder was his comment in a radio interview where he said, "I have no friends but the truth." WTH does THAT mean? Creepy.

Another comment, when asked if he was concerned about what this might do to his reputation, he says something to the effect of, "I've had a fortunate life." Again...WTH?!

I took it to mean that he had decided to tell the truth about the evening, even if it meant admitting he'd been with a prostitute, et cetera, and even if that meant he was going to be shunned, criticized, blamed, et cetera. He wasn't going to take advantage of his privileged position to pretend he didn't know her or anything like that. Trying to make his personal failings sound noble.

Speaking of "slow news day" From a psychological profiling pov, what do you make of the body dispositions? That is, what do you think (if anything) that the victims were found strangled, nude, and wrapped in burlap? ( link ) And, while we're on the topic of clothes (or lack thereof), what do you make of this statement?

The driver said he drove back to the client's house and found Gilbert, who was clothed, in the living room on the phone with a 911 operator, saying that a man was after her. ( link)​

I thought he might have meant that the john and Shannan were either, "finished" or that they were not in the act of being intimate but might have already done so.

Lying. But it's hard to tell if the driver offered that info, or was replying to a question he was asked by the reporter. Without a direct quote from the driver, I can't evaluate a statement for deception markers.

As for the question about the way the bodies were dumped...I've wondered about that many times. I believe these women were killed while engaged in a sexual act, so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to believe they were completely nude when the act occured. I do think that would depend alot upon where the act took place, though. If it was a car date, I'm pretty sure total nudity isn't the norm. If the sex act occurred in a very private place, then certainly total nudity during the act would have been an option, and probably even the norm.

I also think it's possible that, if they were killed in the act while partially clad, the killer stripped them nude to hinder identification. Though, why we would have a ligature left on one of the bodies, I can not even begin to guess. Well, I CAN guess, but I don't have a good guess. ;)

The choice of burlap bags? Because it blends into the terrain. Our SK can ride by his trophies whenever he wants, pick them out visually, but no one else can see his work. It's right there under everyone's noses, and he gets off on that like you wouldn't believe. (IMO)

What are your thoughts about the questions you asked?

I think JB, the driver, and the elderly neighbor are telling the truth. Sounds like Shannon was delusional and really was refusing to leave the residence because she thought someone was after her. She didn't even let the old guy help her, but probably ran right into the serial killer in that very neighborhood who didn't think that anything suspicious would ever happen there to cause the bodies to be found. After all, if a serial killer has bodies buried nearby ( and many have done that) who'd want a screaming woman running around drawing attention to the gated community, especially a prostitute, since he had killed and hidden others nearby.

I think JB, the driver, and the elderly neighbor are telling the truth. Sounds like Shannon was delusional and really was refusing to leave the residence because she thought someone was after her. She didn't even let the old guy help her, but probably ran right into the serial killer in that very neighborhood who didn't think that anything suspicious would ever happen there to cause the bodies to be found. After all, if a serial killer has bodies buried nearby ( and many have done that) who'd want a screaming woman running around drawing attention to the gated community, especially a prostitute, since he had killed and hidden others nearby.

I don't know...but I think Pelkofsky's recent comment pretty much says it all IMO:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Ir...g-Island-serial-killer-not-CSI-120687974.html

Gilbert had been reported missing and was last seen in the area. She has not been found. Gilbert, along with the other eight victims found along the coast on Long Island, was a prostitute who advertised her services on the classifieds website Craigslist.

Suffolk County Detective Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky said "Common sense tells us it's not a coincidence."

If Shannen Gilbert was not a Craigslist prostitute - then I might could consider that she just happened to run into the serial killer down the road. But the fact that she was there in response to her Craigslist ad and the fact that the other 4 young women also advertised with Craigslist....makes it *way* more than a coicidence that she disappeared IMO.

There are dozens if not hundreds of Craigslist/backpage prostitutes on Long Island. Why do some of them get chosen by the killer and most of them not?

There are dozens if not hundreds of Craigslist/backpage prostitutes on Long Island. Why do some of them get chosen by the killer and most of them not?

I think it's probably like your average sex offender....there's generally a "cooling off" period between victims.

And, obviously, something else was going on in his life during 2008...

Does anyone know when exactly Brewer divorced or split up with the mother of his daughter? Or is it possible in 2008 he was living with someone, which would have made it difficult to do any "dirty deeds" in that time frame?

Gee, I don't know about that. He advertises on CL and one poster said he answered her ad but she was afraid of him. You would think his local reputation might have helped steer LE his way, eh?

We don't know if what is said in those comments is true so categorize them as RUMOR {even tho what they say is startling considering what we have learned about him}. :eek:hwow:

I'd guess that's just logistics. I do think he hires quite a few prostitutes. And certainly doesn't kill all of them. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that the ones he does kill, he spends alot of time "courting" and "wooing". I think that's a huge part of the turn on for him. He wants to know these women before he swoops in and obliterates them. It's part of the owning process.

ETA: I don't think he's anything like your average sex offender. And I'm not convinced there was a "cooling off" period in 2008.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member