Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC's family's statement:

Jill, Erica and Ashlee are glad this chapter of the ordeal is over. They are grateful to all law enforcement for their hard work.

Jill would like to specifically thank the Maury County Sheriff Department and individually thank Bucky Rowland and Nathan Johns for how they handled the investigation and search for Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee also appreciate the local and national media for keeping this story in the spotlight. They are thankful that Elizabeth Thomas will soon be returned to her family, where she can begin the healing process.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee have the utmost respect for District Attorney Brent Cooper and acting U.S. Attorney John L. Smith and they trust the judicial system to administer justice upon Tad Cummins.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee offer neither comment nor opinion about what should or should not happen to Tad Cummins and leave that up to the capable individuals involved in the judicial system.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35210985/tad-cummins-in-federal-custody-will-be-arraigned-monday

He looks really scuzzy and unkept in his mugshot. Between that and his comment that he was "glad it was over" I suspect life on the run wasn't the exciting endeavor TC had thought it would be. I suspected from the start that he would blow through any money they had and stay in relatively comfy motels. What surprises me is that they ended up in Northern Cal. Being a native CA, I know that in those areas locals can be very suspicious.

I am wondering if Tad was planning to get into the pot biz. Siskiyou County is in the 'Emerald Triangle' and there are off the grid growers up there that might have hired him to help out with not too many questions asked?

At any rate I'm so happy for the observant citizens who reported in. If he had worked his way into any professions that discouraged reporting, he may have been able to remain hiddlen longer.

He sure does look scuzzy, but in fairness, he just woke up.

I'm surprised how clean the car looks, after a cross-country trip and out to the remote commune, etc., especially with all of the bad weather we've had.

Reading through the charges, it seems that he only had the $4500 and not hundreds or thousands more, as we originally speculated.

Granted, it was a long road trip, and like I mentioned before CA gas prices are at least $1 more per gallon here than anywhere else, but I really would not have expected them to be dead broke at this point. They would have needed blankets and cold weather clothes for their trip north.

Maybe he still had some money but was trying to conserve it until he found work. that's my best guess.

:cow:

I drove the long scenic routes yesterday, US1 and 101, SF to LA and it cost me about $70 in gas at $2.79 a gallon. It's about the same cost to drive from Berkeley to Cecilville.
It is easy to blow a lot of money in the Bay Area, including Berkeley, on food and lodging.
They could possibly avoid showing I.D. renting a weekly room or apartment on Craigslist, some people are lax.

[video=twitter;855468761431801856]https://twitter.com/NC5/status/855468761431801856[/video]

He looks happy for now.

But hopefully Jill and the kids don't show up for any of his court cases.

Because that will be his ultimate punishment for his selfish thinking and acts. Jmo.

cummins.jpg

Tad Cummins (Courtesy: Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office)
http://wwlp.com/2017/04/21/man-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/

As of Friday morning, Cummins remains in custody in California.

Meanwhile, the Sheriff said Elizabeth is healthy and she'll be brought home Friday.

“I would say [Thomas was] more emotional about the situation. It was probably a relief to some degree that the ordeal was over. But that's kind of speculative, but she was emotional at times, sometimes stoic. And it just kind of shifted back and forth.”

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/elizabeth-thomas-expected-to-return-home-friday

What is that on his neck? Is that mark on any of his other photos?

I'm glad the Feds have him. Seems less messy. Jmo.

.. and with federal court, no cameras/electronics for media. As much as I follow live trials, superseded by protection of live feed for a minor :happydance:

I hope that if MCET EVER doubts or feels insecure or unloved at any point I her recovery that her family can show her multiple online presences of all the people who were committed to her safe return.
Without ever meeting MCET, I think most of us have loving piece of our hearts for this beautiful young ladies future and success. I for one would like her to know she will forever be a part of my life and NEVER forgotten. I wish the absolute best and positive life experiences for the rest of her life.

The complacency of the community throughout this ordeal is very concerning. ET is a victim and I'm worried she will continue to be victimized by the whole system.
Is it possible Tc will post bail and be sitting at home on a monitor before any of this goes to trial?
I rarely follow cases through trial so am very uninformed on the process. I just cant help but worry for ET and how this will affect her.

JMO

If it was just state charges I would worry about that. But even then he is a classic "flight risk" so it's unlikely he'd be granted bail.

[video=twitter;855472506324627457]https://twitter.com/WSMV/status/855472506324627457[/video]

I like the family's statement.

BBM

I'm thinking the opposite - the defense would want him tried where he has "support".

Agreed.

I hope that if MCET EVER doubts or feels insecure or unloved at any point I her recovery that her family can show her multiple online presences of all the people who were committed to her safe return.
Without ever meeting MCET, I think most of us have loving piece of our hearts for this beautiful young ladies future and success. I for one would like her to know she will forever be a part of my life and NEVER forgotten. I wish the absolute best and positive life experiences for the rest of her life.

What a beautiful post.

If so, then I sure hope my husband never needs that medication, or we're going to be driving into town ALOT. ;)

You can count on it that LE will be counting the numbers of that "medication" today during the search warrant. imo

I haven't wanted to comment in any overtly negative way until Elizabeth was found safe. Now that she is safe, I just have to get this off my chest:

Tad Cummins is one skeevy looking SOB.

(Whew! Held that in for a looooong time.)

I drove the long scenic routes yesterday, US1 and 101, SF to LA and it cost me about $70 in gas at $2.79 a gallon. It's about the same cost to drive from Berkeley to Cecilville.
It is easy to blow a lot of money in the Bay Area, including Berkeley, on food and lodging.
They could possibly avoid showing I.D. renting a weekly room or apartment on Craigslist, some people are lax.

I'm originally from the Bay Area and I totally agree that if they were staying there, they'd run through money in a hurry.

I guess I am underestimating the amount of money it takes to eat out and stay in motels.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35210985/tad-cummins-in-federal-custody-will-be-arraigned-monday

Statement is at the bottom of the article now. It wasn't there a few minutes ago.

" Jill, Erica and Ashlee are glad this chapter of the ordeal is over. They are grateful to all law enforcement for their hard work.

Jill would like to specifically thank the Maury County Sheriff Department and individually thank Bucky Rowland and Nathan Johns for how they handled the investigation and search for Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee also appreciate the local and national media for keeping this story in the spotlight. They are thankful that Elizabeth Thomas will soon be returned to her family, where she can begin the healing process.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee have the utmost respect for District Attorney Brent Cooper and acting U.S. Attorney John L. Smith and they trust the judicial system to administer justice upon Tad Cummins.

Jill, Erica and Ashlee offer neither comment nor opinion about what should or should not happen to Tad Cummins and leave that up to the capable individuals involved in the judicial system."

I haven't wanted to comment in any overtly negative way until Elizabeth was found safe. Now that she is safe, I just have to get this off my chest:

Tad Cummins is one skeevy looking SOB.

(Whew! Held that in for a looooong time.)

I'm impressed by your restraint! 😂

Morning all...just catching up so it this it in a nutshell...

Went to BBR but told couldn't stay, TC mad.
TC moved to Sacramento for federal charges.
JC and family release statement no mention of TC...:)

Did I miss much else? I've read super quickly through the threads and I think thats it:).

If it was just state charges I would worry about that. But even then he is a classic "flight risk" so it's unlikely he'd be granted bail.

I like the family's statement.

Agreed.

What a beautiful post.

I think he will be granted bail as he doesn't have a criminal record. We all would like that but I believe the law will give set bail. Maybe not right away but eventually. Hopefully it will be set at the highest amount allowed. If judge think he's a flight risk and he was somehow able to make bail he would have his passport taken and most likely wear an ankle bracelet

Sadly, hard to believe he has a lot of supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if his supporters started a to raise bail.

I've seen murderers get offered bail. George Zimmerman even got bail but it was set too high.

I like everyone else here will be disgusted if he does because no knowing if ET might still have feelings she might keep running away to be near him. That alone should be enough to keep him behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member