Brad Cooper - Timeline, Behavior, Interview, & Evidence Inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
I decided to start a thread on this topic since everyone is reading/analyzing the statements given to police vs. the affidavit statements vs. friends/family statements and of course combing through the details of the 3 search warrants. Rather than this good info getting buried into a general thread I thought this topic could stand on its own. Discuss!

Clearly his statements don't match each other, the affidavit, or the friends. He has put himself into a corner with all his inconsistencies:

- What was he 'doing' from 4am to 6am?

- And what was he 'doing' from 7am to 9am?

- Why was Katie up at 4am? Did she go back to sleep? What time?

- What was Nancy 'doing' from 4am to 6am?

- How many loads of laundry were done by Nancy that Sat morning? (he says she was doing laundry).

- How many loads of laundry were done by Brad that Sat? What exactly did he wash? Was the laundry folded and put away? Is/was there lint in the dryer? Was there lint in the garbage? Did police check for this?

- Brad said he 'noticed' they were out of laundry detergent that Sat morning so he went to get some. He also told police in his interviews that Nancy asked him to get some. Which is it? He says he purchased laundry detergent sometime around 6:40am. Is that true? Is there a receipt to prove this?

- If Nancy was 'doing laundry' but he noticed they were 'out of detergent,' what time did he notice this? If Nancy left to go running around 7am, then how exactly was she able to do laundry without detergent? Why did he say she was 'doing laundry' last time he SAW her? Exactly what time did he last see her that morning?

- Why does he state in his affidavit he was to play tennis at 9:30am but fails to mention it ON THE DAY police interview him and then fails to mention it again the next day?

- He tells police he was 'cleaning' from around 9am to 1pm. But he also tells them at 12:30pm, when Nancy had failed to return from her 'run,' he got worried and 'went looking for her.' So which is it? Cleaning from 12:30pm to 1pm? Looking for Nancy from 12:30pm to 1pm?

- How often did Nancy scrub her floors? She likely did it when she got back from HH on or around 7/5 when she found the house a complete mess. 7 or less days later Brad is 'scrubbing floors'? Did he scrub all the floors? Downstairs and upstairs?

- Where/when/what caused those scratches on the back of Brad's neck? Were the scratches there Friday night at the party? Did the cop ASK Brad about the scratches and what the scratches were from? Did ANYONE observe these scratches on the back of his neck Friday night at the BBQ?

- When exactly did Brad 'clean out' his trunk? Which vacuum did he use?

- Why did police have Nancy dressed in "blue/gray running shoes" on their flyers? Who told them she was wearing these particular shoes?

- Why did Brad go to his office sometime between the dates of 7/12 and 7/18? What day/time? What did he do there? How long was he there?

FWIW, I don't think Brad thought the grocery receipt would show WHAT he bought. I also don't think he counted on LE checking the HT's 'video' tapes.

Brad told LE he went to the grocery store AFTER daylight.

LE checked out his story and when they saw Brad on tape at the store AFTER daylight, he wasn't buying detergent, but milk or juice. BECAUSE Brad told LE he and Nancy had been up at 4 a.m., LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

Why would he lie to LE?

It's widely known with Nancy's friends and family that she always carried her keys and cell phone wherever she went. YET, her husband said she never took anything when she went running, except a piece of gum.

Why would Brad lie to LE about that?

Nancy's friends said Brad never did ANY housework. As a matter of fact, Nancy was gone for a week and Brad didn't even do the dishes in the sink from the day she left. Yet, Brad claims he did 4 hours of housework the very morning Nancy went missing. How convenient.

Why would Brad again lie to LE?

JMHO
fran

>LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

FYI, LE has not confirmed or denied any info regarding a 4am HT visit. I know *we* have this info because of Momto3kids, but it's not in any official statement or affidavit. But yes, he did lie. Many times.

>LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

FYI, LE has not confirmed or denied any info regarding a 4am HT visit. I know *we* have this info because of Momto3kids, but it's not in any official statement or affidavit. But yes, he did lie. Many times.

Yes, we do know it, the HT's 4:20 a.m. laundry detergent visit and so does Brad. Thus his request for video from the store. He's already working on a defense for that lie.;)

Just sayin'
fran

Nancy's friends said Nancy kept all important papers and such in her vehicle and kept the key secure so that Brad couldn't get to her papers etc. YET, Nancy's keys were located on the table as you enter the house.

Again, Brad said Nancy normally didn't take anything with her except a stick of gum.

Nancy's dad, upon his arrival in Cary, told LE how he'd taught Nancy to use her keys as a weapon when she ran, which was again consistant with Nancy's friends, NOT Brad.

JMHO
fran

Nancy's friends said Nancy kept all important papers and such in her vehicle and kept the key secure so that Brad couldn't get to her papers etc. YET, Nancy's keys were located on the table as you enter the house.

Again, Brad said Nancy normally didn't take anything with her except a stick of gum.

Nancy's dad, upon his arrival in Cary, told LE how he'd taught Nancy to use her keys as a weapon when she ran, which was again consistant with Nancy's friends, NOT Brad.

JMHO
fran

So now I wonder...if Nancy's cell phone was seen by Jessica in the SUV on Saturday - and if Nancy ran with her keys - yet the cell phone and keys were found in the house? And the spare SUV key was secured and locked in the SUV, along with the passports -- and at the initial LE interview BC had both of the girls passports. And what about her diary, which she used to document BC's actions? And I wonder if LE was able to take prints from the LV purse. The glove box? Oh, we have learned a lot, and we have learned there is soooo much we still don't know.

So now I wonder...if Nancy's cell phone was seen by Jessica in the SUV on Saturday - and if Nancy ran with her keys - yet the cell phone and keys were found in the house? And the spare SUV key was secured and locked in the SUV, along with the passports -- and at the initial LE interview BC had both of the girls passports. And what about her diary, which she used to document BC's actions? And I wonder if LE was able to take prints from the LV purse. The glove box? Oh, we have learned a lot, and we have learned there is soooo much we still don't know.

Every time you read the SWs again, you pick up something else. Like when LE did the initial SW of the house, they found evidence of the discord between Nancy and Brad which in turn made them do the SW on his offices at Cisco to look for further 'evidence' of marital problems between the victim and the husband.

JMHO
fran

Yes, and they learned that he had taken at least one child's passport to his office to keep from his wife (and possibly he had both kids' passports there at one time). Makes sense they'd want to examine the spot where he says he spends 40+ hrs per week!

Yes, and they learned that he had taken at least one child's passport to his office to keep from his wife (and possibly he had both kids' passports there at one time). Makes sense they'd want to examine the spot where he says he spends 40+ hrs per week!

OH, according to the SW, he did have BOTH of the children's passports. He said he took them from Nancy because she was going to leave for Canada and she wouldn't agree to any of the alternative arrangements he suggested. He also said he offered to let her have one but she didn't take it.:rolleyes:

Yah know? Like all of their financial problems were because of Nancy.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Didn't I read that, when they were going to get the passports, that BC kept putting it off, and putting it off. And then when they finally got them, he took one when he decided that Nancy was NOT going to take the children to Canada. He felt the children were his possessions

What was there here that was so compelling that he could not go back to Canada and get a different job? Just what were his priorities? Certainly not the welfare of his children and their mother. The divorce was going to happen no matter what.

Can you get a replacement passport for a child without both parents signatures? Just wondering.

Great idea for a thread. This comment pertains to his behaviour.

In the probable cause affidavit it mentions that Brad confirmed that Nancy had planned to move back to Canada, and it then it states that "these plans were changed by Brad." It goes on to say that "Brad stated that he had suggested multiple alternatives and she had refused all the offered alternatives." The next bit goes on to discuss the passports, and why he had taken one.

I am really bothered by this. I know that it is speculation on my part, but the subtext here seems to be 'I gave her a chance and she didn't take it. This is her fault.' I wonder what the other alternatives were. This also further demonstrates his controlling and abusive behaviour.

Just my opinion.

Great idea for a thread. This comment pertains to his behaviour.

In the probable cause affidavit it mentions that Brad confirmed that Nancy had planned to move back to Canada, and it then it states that "these plans were changed by Brad." It goes on to say that "Brad stated that he had suggested multiple alternatives and she had refused all the offered alternatives." The next bit goes on to discuss the passports, and why he had taken one.

I am really bothered by this. I know that it is speculation on my part, but the subtext here seems to be 'I gave her a chance and she didn't take it. This is her fault.' I wonder what the other alternatives were. This also further demonstrates his controlling and abusive behaviour.

Just my opinion.

My opinion, too, Anderson. See my signature line.

My opinion, too, Anderson. See my signature line.

It seems so bizarre to me. Can't he hear how he sounds? I suppose not. I read some of the affidavits again.The comments made by Nancy's friends make more sense as we get new information.

I decided to start a thread on this topic since everyone is reading/analyzing the statements given to police vs. the affidavit statements vs. friends/family statements and of course combing through the details of the 3 search warrants. Rather than this good info getting buried into a general thread I thought this topic could stand on its own. Discuss!

Sleuthy" thanks so much for doing this, I don't have a lot of time to devote to WS right now, but I am very interested in seeing that justice is done for NC B and K. I wish more people would start threads so that we didn't have to wade through the general one. Ya know? Like back in the days of the scott and laci case. Anyway, thanks, Boo

A few notes:

How about we take at look at what elevates the old hinky meter:

1. A man claims to have spilled gas in the boot of his car a few weeks back and for some reason on the very day his wife goes missing decides it is a good time to "vacuum" up that nasty spill.

2. A man who leaves the house a mess a week before decides on the same day his wife goes missing that he will turn into super maid and clean the house. Apparently including washing floors, vacuuming and doing laundry, even possibly cleaning up his wife's bathroom.

3. A good guy who gets up at 4 am to help care for the youngest child takes her into his office area so his wife can do laundry but he is the one who happens to notice they are out of laundry soap so he runs to the store on at least two confirmed occasions to buy milk and laundry soap.

4. A guy who has red marks on his neck on the same day his wife goes missing which are noticed by an LE officer but doesn't respond when asked about them.

5. A guy who doesn't seem to bother to answer his wife's cell phone even when she is hours late, even after she isn't home to take the kids so he can go play tennis. A guy who wasn't concerned to find his wife's cell phone and keys in the house when the rest of the world seemed to know she always took those things with her when she ran.

6. A guy who cooperates with LE until his wife's body is found and her death is ruled a homicide - suddenly feels he better get a criminal defense lawyer on his side.

7. A guy who busted for saying his wife was running with a certain person on the very day she goes missing also shows up to tell LE on the same day she did not run with Nancy and had no plans to run with her that day.

8. A guy who admits they had been arguing most of Friday about money and painting and a messy house and the next day his wife just disappears.

9. A guy who packs up his kids and runs over to spend the night with a friend on the same day his wife's death is ruled a homicide.

10. A guy who doesn't call 911 but decides its best to drag two kids out to look for his wife on the day she goes missing - thinking he just might see her on one of those trails while he is driving about (going to vacuum the car out).

11. A guy who quesses at what his wife was wearing when she went out to run on that fateful day.

And this is just from a few pages of an affidavit - bet LE knows a whole lot more than what was in that affidavit,

Yes one of the friends DID state this in their affidavit. Sorry I don't remember who said it, but YES it was told by NC to one of the friends. However, there's no way to verify the accuracy since the person who said it was umm...murdered.

Yes one of the friends DID state this in their affidavit. Sorry I don't remember who said it, but YES it was told by NC to one of the friends. However, there's no way to verify the accuracy since the person who said it was umm...murdered.

Thanks SG, I was hoping I hadn't gone completely crazy and made that up in my head.:crazy:

I want to know why there is an inconsistency of when Brad told SH about the affair with HM. In one case we hear of this being told in Dec 07. Then in the depo Brad says he told SH about a month before his depo. SH got divorced 3+ years ago (likely because he knew his wife was cheating, among other issues).

So which is it?

Do you think there is a correlation between SH removing info about his 'friend' Brad and their activities together on his blog and the timing of being told about the affair a month before the depo?

I want to know why there is an inconsistency of when Brad told SH about the affair with HM. In one case we hear of this being told in Dec 07. Then in the depo Brad says he told SH about a month before his depo. SH got divorced 3+ years ago (likely because he knew his wife was cheating, among other issues).

So which is it?

Do you think there is a correlation between SH removing info about his 'friend' Brad and their activities together on his blog and the timing of being told about the affair a month before the depo?

I think Brad filled Scott in on the details of the affair a month before the deposition. Before that he probably just glossed over the details. I don't know this of course. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado