Identified! LA - New Orleans, woman's burned body near SUNO, Dec'10 - Aisha Lee

I agree carbuff! Hopefully with the tats this woman will be id'd soon.

One local news reports says that the case will remain classified until an autopsy is complete; no updates in the local media since the initial story. Nothing about age range or ethnicity has been revealed. The only identifying information that has been release is the following:

Police said she had a butterfly tattoo on the right side of her buttocks and another tattoo on her lower left calf with lettering and ending with the name "AISHA."
Very sad and brutal crime.

Stab wounds killed woman found burned near Pontchartrain Park

New Orleans Police Department Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the woman died from stab wounds before her body was incinerated.

While a cause of death has been determined, authorities are continuing to try to find the woman's identity.

She also had several distinct tattoos. One tattoo on her right buttock was of a butterfly. Her right thigh had a tattoo of an ice-cream sundae with a strawberry and the letters "ACTZE," while her left calf had a "lengthy inscription" that ended with "I am Aisha." Her right forearm had a tattoo of a heart with wings.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/stab_wounds_killed_woman_found.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/new_orleans_police_department_9.html

Article and pictures of tats today on nola.com

9182814-small.jpg

I certainly hope that photos of these tattoos are being shown around to the local tattoo artist. The colors still look really bright...they may not be very old. Perhaps a local artist will recall his/her work and something about the customer.

I just saw this article Nola and was coming here to post. Those tats are so distinctive. Anyone who has seen this woman should remember them. In fact, I can't believe she wasn't identified from the verbal description posted a couple of weeks ago. It tells me no one is really looking for her, and/or she's not local. If she's listed in Namus, it should be relatively easy to match her. Poor woman.

Is it just me or does it look like the ice cream tattoo may have been covering up an old one? It looks like where the ice cream comes down into the red, like it said something else.

I don't see wording covered up, but it looks like the ice cream tattoo might be covering up something that looks like a wine glass? Unless that is how the artist tried to depict shading.

jmo

I don't see wording covered up, but it looks like the ice cream tattoo might be covering up something that looks like a wine glass? Unless that is how the artist tried to depict shading.

jmo

Wow, it does look like a wine glass. I didn't notice that before. I was trying to make out letters. That is interesting.

Good eye! I do see what appears to be a wide-bodied wine glass or a communion chalice. It looks like it's nearly full, as I can see two horizontal lines. "IHS" are the letters usually accompanying an image of a chalice but I can't get "ACTZE" or "ALIZE" out of those.

It's unusual that she chose to cover up a simple wine glass tattoo with something as elaborate as that sundae, unless someone's name was getting covered up along with it, the sundae had a special meaning for this woman, or (pure speculation) maybe covering the wine glass tattoo could have had a link to celebrating sobriety.

ETA: Alize is a line of alcoholic beverages, which might explain the wine glass: Alizé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:waitasec:Substain isn't a word. Sustain is, and I suspect that's the meaning she was trying to get across in the "I am Aisha" tattoo.

We hear about mispelled words on tats, I wonder if the person who did the tattoo is a professional.

:waitasec:Substain isn't a word. Sustain is, and I suspect that's the meaning she was trying to get across in the "I am Aisha" tattoo.

We hear about mispelled words on tats, I wonder if the person who did the tattoo is a professional.

I noticed that too. I tried to google the phrases to find out if they were song lyrics to no avail, but I did find a lot of musicians named "Aisha". One of which was missing in 2008. It appears she was found though.

http://projectnewera.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/missing-aisha-abdullah-meachum-aka-esha/

Why not put out a bolo to all tattoo places...I mean whomever did those tats would know who she is.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had an Alize tattoo that she'd have tried to cover it up. It was a big drink around 1997 or so - mentioned in lots of hip-hop music and was a very "in" thing to be drinking at the clubs and whatnot.

Good eyes, WSers!

I wonder if she was ever arrested, because her tattoos will probably be on record somewhere. They are pretty distinctive. Makes me wonder why she chose these particular images for tattoos. Why a strawberry? Why the sundae? Could they be a clue to her surname or nickname?

I wonder if she was ever arrested, because her tattoos will probably be on record somewhere. They are pretty distinctive. Makes me wonder why she chose these particular images for tattoos. Why a strawberry? Why the sundae? Could they be a clue to her surname or nickname?

From what I understand, "Strawberry" is a slang term for one who trades sex for drugs. However, I'm not sure that that one would want to self-identify using that term

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back