IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis McAdams
Alexis McAdams @AlexisMcAdamsTV

Person of interest in #Delphi murders *was in Morgan County the day after Abby & Libby were murdered. That's a 1.5 hour drive from Delphi.

45 second video here says Nations was homeless and living under a bridge on February 14th. God. He must have thought he was establishing his alibi by checking in. By all accounts he DID - somewhat! ! Grrrrrr.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/913855495886262272

Morgan county isn't Bloomington - that's Monroe County. Morgan county seat is Martinsville, I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you're right, different neighboring county. Either way, he needed a form of transportation other than walking.

I think the authorities would have a pretty good idea if this is the guy witnesses (the ones consulted of the sketch) saw on Feb. 13. DNA will help prove the case. But witnesses saying, "yeah, that's him, that's the guy we saw" would let them know if they are on the right guy.

Just throwing this out there but do you think they would do that before they sent the detectives out there? Wouldn't it make sense for LE to ask the witnesses if that was the guy they saw before sending the detectives out to CO to interview him?

Back in 03-01-2017 in this thread it was posted about a red car, parked at the parking lot by the trail I presume, that was seen by a wittness, here is a copy of the post:

Could that have been DN's red/maroon colored Chevy Prizm ?

Anyone have further info on that red car?

OMG I thought I imagined this post from back in the day...it really exists!

Alexis McAdams
Alexis McAdams @AlexisMcAdamsTV

Person of interest in #Delphi murders *was in Morgan County the day after Abby & Libby were murdered. That's a 1.5 hour drive from Delphi.

45 second video here says Nations was homeless and living under a bridge on February 14th. God. He must have thought he was establishing his alibi by checking in. By all accounts he DID - somewhat! ! Grrrrrr.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/913855495886262272

OMG I thought I imagined this post from back in the day...it really exists!

Excellent find/memory.

I cannot believe your post. Many people are homeless and destitute without turning to murder. Are you really believing this was his motive? How does murdering three people and chasing people with a hatchet help to feed and clothe ones family?
In fact it is the opposite. Chasing his employer with a hatchet lost him his home and job and the means to support his family.

Hey Shire, I think Tokyo was just trying to maybe imagine what this nut job miiight be thinking in his nut job head, state of mind, thoughts, possible sense of desperation, etc... he/she clearly wasn't saying this was his reason or excuse...moo

Sorry, having trouble quoting what I mean to. I was referring to the post from back in March about someone seeing a red car with paper plates.

Back in 03-01-2017 in this thread it was posted about a red car, parked at the parking lot by the trail I presume, that was seen by a wittness, here is a copy of the post:

03-01-2017, 12:23 PM
#321 jjhoward33

IIRC, early on a witness reported seeing a red car with paper plates parked in the parking lot.Does anyone recall if this was ever ruled out? I am assuming it was but don't remember for sure.

Could that have been DN's red/maroon colored Chevy Prizm ?

Anyone have further info on that red car?
Great catch. Been wondering this all day!

Had a similar situation in KC just recently (you can find the thread in Serial Killers). We had what some were calling a serial killer killing middle-aged men on the hiking trails while they were walking their dogs etc. Many people jumped straight to "homeless" because there was a homeless camp nearby, even though I don't think there was evidence of a robbery in any of the cases. Anyway there's been a suspect arrested and he wasn't homeless and the alleged motive wasn't robbery from what I can surmise after all. The person they arrested lived in a pretty decent house near where the killings took place.

Thank you for bringing this up, I've been meaning to and kept forgetting/got sidetracked.

Waiting for confirmation yes or no if it’s him is going to be tough, we have waited so long for the monster that did this to be in jail.

I am not familiar with the area but I did find some info.
Watkins was a bike mechanic, longtime trail advocate, and all-around good guy, according to members of his community. A single shoe was reportedly found on Mt. Herman Road, the first part of a ride known as the Limbaugh Canyon route. A bike was found nearby as well.

http://www.theinertia.com/mountain/mountain-biker-killed-left-half-buried-on-colorado-trail/

This is a virtual tour you can take of the Mt Herman - Limbaugh Canyon route mentioned in the article above. Looks very rugged and isolated: https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/3504412

This is a virtual tour of the Mt Herman Rd trail. https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7018187

Both trails appear to be in the same vicinity due west of Monument ,CO, the hatchet threats took place. "It was one of the key pieces, and it's something that came in over and over from different complainants in the menacing cases we saw up in Monument and the Mount Herman road areas," said Jacqueline Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

(Had an awful time writing this post, hopefully links come through ok.)

(O/T, strangely enough, this area, Monument, is much related to Dylan Redwine and his family.)

I've been off for a bit and haven't kept up here as well as I should, and I still haven't read Lizzy and Lyric's thread yet, so sorry if I'm repeating something said a dozen times already. I've been thinking that he actually sounds even more like a good prospect for their case than for this one. The man he's suspected of killing was a cyclist, and he was arrested/convicted of exposing himself to a woman and child on a bike trail. Since L & L disappeared from a bike trail, it seems worth a close look. Of course, these girls also disappeared from a trail (which several people probably use for bike riding), it makes it suspicious in this case too. I think there's a good chance that he's guilty of one or more of the cases, but I also think it would be good to have him off the streets either way. MOO

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713451001

"He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene."

Sgt. Riley

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I understand fresh samples are warranted, but does this imply or mean his DNA was not on file oreviously? :thinking:

IIRC, early on a witness reported seeing a red car with paper plates parked in the parking lot.Does anyone recall if this was ever ruled out? I am assuming it was but don't remember for sure.

If paper temp tags would def line up with them being expired now. pic seems to have non paper plates here

<modsnip>

But with the CODIS national database, if someone's DNA is entered, the match would be made from whatever was found at the scene of the crime. About the only thing I can think of is that they don't collect DNA from low level sex offenders (exposing themselves, and such)? I don't know if his convictions were felonies, or what?

Question, has DN's DNA been in CODIS (all this time)? I would guess the answer to be yes.

Which then possibly could mean that if DN is BG his DNA has not been collected or isolated from that crime scene.

How ironic. Two seperate people took a picture of DN car as he was watching the search team for Tim in Colorado. The plate number is in one of the photos.

I hope there are members of LE already re-watching video footage obtained from local businesses/gas stations on the day the girls were killed. Specifically looking for a red car.

This link says "matter of days". Did I dream that one of the parents/grandparents said they might know today?

(Lol, we have all been so invested in all of this day and night that we literally wonder if we dreamed certain things sometimes ...I thought I dreamed the old post re: the red car)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23