BB The Neighbor's Timeline

ibyoungr

Reaction score
I wanted to pull this information out of an old document dump. More for a reference in discussing timelines.

Brian Burner's 2nd statement to Police
July 30th first interview done on July 16th.

BB brings in a handwritten note.
Known Casey for 3 years. Spoken to her numerous times. Knew Caylee.

Brian took a vacation and drove to Chicago in June with his whole family.
Had the week of the 15th -21st off.

June 10th - Left for Chicago and drove with family.

June 16th - Returned at 6 PM on June 16th.

June 17th - This was a couch day. (Note: weather was 85 degrees, no rain.)
Noticed that Casey briefly backed in. Was on the couch, could see the roadway, when the direction she cam in, she had to angle to the opposite side of the roadway and the whiteness of her car caught BB's eye.

June 18th - Did yard work one either this day or the 19th. Used a weed blower and blowing off the grass. (Note: weather was 85.7. Received .10 in of rain around 3-4 PM and again for 20 min around 5 pm)
Casey came by around 1:30 in the afternoon. (Note: BEFORE it rained) He notes that her car was BACKED in the garage again. After he was done blowing off the grass he walked back out to the front to see if she was coming back. Could see garage door opena and car still there. (Do not think Casey was in garage at this time - she was getting some dirt in the back yard, IMO)
Around 2 PM - Brian finishes shower. 2:30 PM Casey returns the shovel. Shovel was clean enough to take from foyer to garage.

June 19th - The incident above could have happened this day per BB. (Note: Believe pings do not support this.)

June 20th - In early afternoon hours, he seen the car backed up into the garage again. Did not see Casey in the car. 3rd time that week car was backed into garage. Speculated to his wife why she would be doing that.

June 21st - June 22nd - Did not see Casey at the house. Thought she moved out.

June 23rd - Thought he saw a green pickup truck and hearing her voice, it was in the afternoon.

June 24th - Gas can incident - George reports them stolen, tells the neighbor he had a robbery. He commented to his wife that Casey was there "yesterday."

BB backpeddles and said he had a debit purchase at Sam's at 11:15. Doing yardwork around 12:30. Either Wednesday or Thursday.

He remembers seeing her the next day after the shovel. Which indicates the 19th Wednesday is his regular day off which is the 18th. Normally has lunch with wife. Went to Sam's Club on the 20th at 11:15 so it was between noon and 2 or noon and 3:00 that he saw Casey again.

What I am thinking here... is when he states he sees her the next day after the shovel... is he acutally sees Casey on the 17th and then he sees her again on the 18th, the shovel day being after the first backing into the garage. Mixing up in his mind whether or not the shovel or the backing of the car into the garage came first.

I wanted to pull this information out of an old document dump. More for a reference in discussing timelines.

:clap: Thanks, IBY, very kind of you to pull this together! :clap:

June 18th - Did yard work one either this day or the 19th. Used a weed blower and blowing off the grass. (Note: weather was 85.7. Received .10 in of rain around 3-4 PM and again for 20 min around 5 pm)
Casey came by around 1:30 in the afternoon. (Note: BEFORE it rained) He notes that her car was BACKED in the garage again. After he was done blowing off the grass he walked back out to the front to see if she was coming back. Could see garage door opena and car still there. (Do not think Casey was in garage at this time - she was getting some dirt in the back yard, IMO)
Around 2 PM - Brian finishes shower. 2:30 PM Casey returns the shovel. Shovel was clean enough to take from foyer to garage.
*snipped & bold & color by me*

I hadn't noticed this detail before. :eek: Leaving the garage door open initially upon her arrival on the 18th and obtaining the shovel :waitasec: Of course we don't know if she closed it afterwards, but, it does suggest to me Casey went to the backyard with the shovel and without the body initially. Maybe nothing since we don't know the status of the trunk (open/closed) or the garage door later.

June 23rd - Thought he saw a green pickup truck and hearing her voice, it was in the afternoon.

FWIW...think Brian (who did a terrific job recalling trivial stuff IMHO :thumb:) mixed/morphed his memory of sighting of Tony getting gas can (Green SUV) 6/23, with Sean swinging Casey by the house after her tatoo 7/3 3PM (Green S10 pick-up).

What I am thinking here... is when he states he sees her the next day after the shovel... is he acutally sees Casey on the 17th and then he sees her again on the 18th, the shovel day being after the first backing into the garage. Mixing up in his mind whether or not the shovel or the backing of the car into the garage came first.
A perfect explanation, IMHO, IBY. :clap:

FWIW...summary of ping timing re: Anthony home 6/17-6/20. Must note that pings only tell us the AREA, not the specific location. IOW..a ping near Tony's apt. could be IN his apartment, in his parking lot, heading down University near his apt., etc. Pls factor into the times shown below as +/-.

Tuesday, 6/17: (~1hr 36mins)
2:29PM+/- Casey arrived @ G&C's
4:05PM+/- Casey left G&C's

Wednesday, 6/18: (~1hr 32mins)
2:05PM Casey left Tony's
2:28PM+/- Based on travel time (in agreement w/ pings) Casey arrived @ G&C's.
3:16PM Casey attempted 2 calls to Tony...otherwise occupied for 48mins prior.
3:42PM Casey made a 2 minute call to Tony...otherwise occupied for 26mins prior.
4:00PM+/- Based on travel time to subtracted from next ping Casey left G&C's.
4:11PM Casey enroute back to Tony's

*Note: Edited to reflect JWG's weatherunderground rain start time ~3:50PM which is relatively close to what must've been Casey's giving-up time between 3:42-4:00PM+/-.

~1hr later than Brian's recollection of ~1:30PM arrival
IF Brian's 2:30PM shovel-return memory can be shifted an hour it synches well w/ possible rain and Casey's giving-up time and attempt to call Tony @ 3:42PM

Thursday, 6/19: (~0mins)
No pings near G&C's.
Technically, the absence of pings doesn't mean she wasn't there.
For example, a between
However, based on other known activities the afternoon of 6/19 it is highly unlikely Casey was @ G&C's this day, IMHO.​

Friday, 6/20: (~11mins)
This appears to have been a lightening fast trip to G&C's
1:30PM Casey enroute from Tony's
1:44PM+/- Based on travel time (in agreement w/ pings) Casey arrived @ G&C's.
1:55PM+/- Based on travel time subracted from next ping near Tony's apt. Casey left G&C's.

2:18PM Casey pings near Tony's again.

Fits a Noon-3PM sighting as given by Brian.

Did this quickly...so feel free to point out errors, etc.

ETA: Updated 6/20 to more closely reflect Casey in-transit point @ 1:30PM per info from JWG

~1hr later than Brian's recollection of ~1:30PM arrival
IF Brian's 2:30PM shovel-return memory can be shifted an hour it synches well w/ possible stop of rain and Casey's attempt to call Tony @ 3:42PM

Wonder if Brian's watch was still set to Central Time? :rolleyes:

The Weatherunderground station we have been using as a reference shows .04 inches of rain right around 3:50 PM.

(OK, just padding my posting stats)

Wonder if Brian's watch was still set to Central Time? :rolleyes:
:detective: Nice one. :clap:

The Weatherunderground station we have been using as a reference shows .04 inches of rain right around 3:50 PM.

(OK, just padding my posting stats)

Paddin' your stats and givin' me reason to edit my posts. Ya troublemaker, meddlin' kidya'. :propeller:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back