Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica - Britt was seen on the street cam going towards the BWR and entering the BWR and seen on vid leaving the BWR...but she was not picked up on the street cam after leaving BWR going back towards her hotel BH

You've got lots of reading on Morgan's...but there's a lot of great info there...now if they could just get the guy.

Same here on Britt's...lots of reading but well worth the trouble to do so. Glad to see some fresh perspectives here!

Thanks MB I know I have my work cut out for me LOL!:book::read: But I know it will be worth the read!:dance:

Jessica - Britt was seen on the street cam going towards the BWR and entering the BWR and seen on vid leaving the BWR...but she was not picked up on the street cam after leaving BWR going back towards her hotel BH

You've got lots of reading on Morgan's...but there's a lot of great info there...now if they could just get the guy.

Same here on Britt's...lots of reading but well worth the trouble to do so. Glad to see some fresh perspectives here!

Hey, MB,
You just answered my question 100%. I had found what I thought answered it back in thread #2, around post 174 but your statement is worded exactly as I had remembered it way back then. I do recall that there was so much discussion about whether the street cam was of BD going to the BWR or after she left. You stated it perfectly here. I think it was stated this way in the Disappearance program, but hard to pick up if you were not concentrating on that particular detail. I also remember thinking for a few days that it was her leaving the BWR. Thanks for clarifying this.

Jessica, MB is right for sure. As I went back to the very beginning of the threads for Brittanee, I picked up on a lot of information that either I had not seen or had forgotten. Many new Wsers came in and offered many valuable ideas from the start and until now, and like MB says, it is always helpful to have fresh perspectives.

Good morning all and Britt,

I am hoping that LE has recreated Britt's walk from BWR and compared the time of her last text to when she should have arrived at the street cam. Wasn't it 7 minutes? There is a short few minutes betweent the time of that text and when she should have been captured on the cam but never arrived. However, they surely have reviewed the traffic in both directions passing the street cam during this time for evidence of vehicles in the area.

One thing that I noticed in the street cam vid. Brittanee looked as though she was stepping in long strides. This is odd to me as I am about the same size as Brittanee and I don't take long strides like that unless I am in a hurry or feeling vulnerable, especially while wearing flopflops! Just an observation.

I hope this makes sense as I have just finished my first cup of coffee.

Where's Brittany Marie Drexel?

wm

The street cam surveillance is so grainy, I don't even know how they could determine that it was Britt walking there in the first place. Maybe LE was able to improve the quality somehow.

It almost seems like the chances are pretty high that the suspect(s)'s vehicle would have been caught on this same camera.

If they said that it would have taken Britt 15 minutes to reach the camera, and she sent a text 10 minutes after leaving the BWR, it seems the timeline could even be narrowed to 5 minutes (as opposed to the originally reported 7). Maybe they simply left room for error and that's why we see the additional 2 minutes tacked on.

Either way, the vehicle must have been in pretty close vicinity to the camera and could have possibly been caught on it. Or even another one. Surely they've checked footage from local businesses for a blue van (if it hasn't already been taped over) -- or anything suspicious.

I think I'm rambling.

No LLLindsay, You aren't rambling, I understand completely what you are saying! It seems like LE could check the street cam times several minutes before and after Britt's estimated time to walk back by toward BH.

Question are there any side streets that a vehicle could enter without being captured on the streetcam? If so the alleged blue van could have avoided detection. I do hope LE has checked this out though because IMO, the footage I mention could hold clues.

The video is grainy, however, I think there must be technology avaible to enhance videos. The images amy not be clear enough for a clear tag #, but could be clear enough to identify van color and identifying marks such as rust marks.

MOO

wm

It's going to be 52 degrees in Georgetown tonight.
That's awfully chilly without a jacket or blanket.

7730_311477900720_727780720_9129800_6711266_n.jpg

Sending you warmth.

Brittanee, you are loved by many, many people who have never met you, sweet girl!!!! I will blow some bubbles for you under the full moon tonight.........

wm

I am glad I watched the disappeared show featuring Brit's case. A lot of things I didn't know. I wish John went with her to MB insteading of working. I can't imagine what they are all going through. Did they bring dogs to try to figure out where her scent stopped after leaving the hotel in that 7 min window? Any dogs hit on anything in Georgetown while searching? I am not sure what to make of those sunglasses being found. I can't believe there is just no trace of her. I wish she is found already. The video of this guy going to her hotel room with her because she asked him to walk with her because some people were giving her problems, I wonder why she felt okay inviting a guy into her room? You can clearly tell from the video her cell phone was everything to her. Do we know why she went to Peter's hotel, what were they doing? I still can't get over that none of the friends she went down with didn't search for her.

Hello ItalianAngel ! I think i can give you some answers to your questions... here goes:

I am glad I watched the disappeared show featuring Brit's case. A lot of things I didn't know. I wish John went with her to MB insteading of working. I can't imagine what they are all going through. Did they bring dogs to try to figure out where her scent stopped after leaving the hotel in that 7 min window? Any dogs hit on anything in Georgetown while searching?

To my knowledge the dogs were used early in the case in some remote areas immediate to the area in MB where she disappeared... i think part of an abandoned airport, military base, obviously with no luck..

LOTS of Dogs were brought to the area where her cellphone last pinged... (Georgetown - Charleston county line, pole yard etc) there were scent-chasing dogs - german shepards, and there were cadaver dogs - bloodhounds... Some were from local county PDs, also SLED dogs, and the Cue Center (Monica C) had several dogs from SaR agencies she works with.. to my knowledge no leads were generated from the dogs

I am not sure what to make of those sunglasses being found.
I agree.. it is definately an eyebrow raiser .. the thing that troubles me about it, is the close proximity to that last cell phone ping.. and some unsavory characters that live around that area

I can't believe there is just no trace of her.
There is a trace, somewhere.. and i bet there are more than one persons who know exactly where the trace is ...

I wish she is found already.
Me too

The video of this guy going to her hotel room with her because she asked him to walk with her because some people were giving her problems, I wonder why she felt okay inviting a guy into her room?

i am not sure what video you are referring to... there was one released right around the 1yr annv. of her disappearance... i dont feel like it provided any real evidentiary value.. it was taken by some boy on vacation from the midwest (I think) and his parents made him turn it in to LE ... Although, I perceive Brittanee as a very trusting person.. perhaps naive ..

You can clearly tell from the video her cell phone was everything to her.
Indeed

Do we know why she went to Peter's hotel, what were they doing?
The Disappeared show elaborated on this a little ... it seems she may not have been getting along with the people she travelled down there with (guests of the BH hotel) Maybe that inspired her walk down ocean blvd from one hotel to another... We have been told by Peter B that him and his crew were just sitting around watching a baseball game, and she showed up for only a short period of time, (until she got the phone call from JO about the "shorts") before she left again...

I still can't get over that none of the friends she went down with didn't search for her.
At first, to me, their behavior made it really seem as though they had something to do with her disappearance, but IMHO the evidence that has come out since then (pings, sunglassed, tips) point to a group of locals. There is still a possibility that one of the other individuals from NY had some sort of aquaintanceship with some of these locals, perhaps through a drug deal or something...

Hope my info helped :Bicicleta:

I really don't make much of the sunglasses after the "Disappeared" show...I can't remember for sure but weren't they NOT weathered that much?
And her BF could not identify them...her mom thought she could though.

The sunglasses were found by a couple from Sullivans Island, sc.. they were camping and made the discovery along the southern bank of the North Santee river, a short distance west of Pole Yard Landing.. It was stated that they were knock-off Pradas....

The few facts listed above, and what was stated in the Disappeared show - that is all we have on the shades (Unless I am wrong?)

I really wish SLED would make a statement regarding their evaluation of those shades... :waitasec:

Attachments

• sunglasses.bmp
    485.4 KB · Views: 36
  • BD_AL_MBeach.JPG
    BD_AL_MBeach.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 32
I did not think much of the sunglasses either, kind of an accidental red herring to me. I don't think they were left there on purpose, or had to do with Brittanee.

I think she must have gotten into a car with someone she thought she knew, or did know, and was vastly outnumbered and too late, knew she was in trouble.

I am heartsick over B; I have 5 young nieces and have thus far been fairly blessed in that they are all okay, but my oldest niece was drugged and raped while at college in NYC a few years ago. She counts herself very lucky to have awoken and made her way home. So many things can happen to teen girls and young women that I honestly do not believe were as much an issue/danger as when I was young. Why should they have to be on guard every second? But they do need to be...and we must always remind them.

Hi Britt.

I have my face stuffed in my psychology book this morning, so I'm not doing too much sleuthing. You were on my mind first thing today as per usual.

Hoping to see you home by Halloween!

The sunglasses were found by a couple from Sullivans Island, sc.. they were camping and made the discovery along the southern bank of the North Santee river, a short distance west of Pole Yard Landing.. It was stated that they were knock-off Pradas....

The few facts listed above, and what was stated in the Disappeared show - that is all we have on the shades (Unless I am wrong?)

I really wish SLED would make a statement regarding their evaluation of those shades... :waitasec:

A few days ago I saw the ID Discovery documentary on Brittney. I think it was her father that said "there were no leaves or dirt on the glasses" thus they discounted them as being hers.

A woman (can't remember her name) searcher said that a body left on the riverside wouldn't last six hours, because of alligators or crocidiles.

A few days ago I saw the ID Discovery documentary on Brittney. I think it was her father that said "there were no leaves or dirt on the glasses" thus they discounted them as being hers.

A woman (can't remember her name) searcher said that a body left on the riverside wouldn't last six hours, because of alligators or crocidiles.

Hello Britt and all!

Hello Paulette! There are also wild boar in the area. Gosh how I hate typing that!

I can only hope that the silence regarding ST's hearing on th eattempted abduction and the vehicle found on his property that is connected to a murder means that he is cooperating with LE in Britt's investigation. It's weird that that whole incident has seemed to disappear, just like Brittanee...... MOO

wm

Hello Britt and all!

Hello Paulette! There are also wild boar in the area. Gosh how I hate typing that!

I can only hope that the silence regarding ST's hearing on th eattempted abduction and the vehicle found on his property that is connected to a murder means that he is cooperating with LE in Britt's investigation. It's weird that that whole incident has seemed to disappear, just like Brittanee...... MOO

wm

Who is ST? I think I was involved in another thread when Brittney disappeared - I can really only pay attention to one or two cases at a time - it's just too emotionally draining.

Would appreciate you linking me to the ST person.

I figure it was a random abduction (from watching the time-line on ID Discovery) and her phone pinging at intervals on the drive to the river.

Good morning all and Brittanee!

Thank you mlatta for providing the link for Paulette! My computer was running really slow yesterday and it was a futile effort to even sign in.

10-26-10 We are one day closer to Brittanee being found and brought home to Rochester where she belongs.

wm

Putting our girl back on the front page.

Prayers for Britt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members