OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

Just when I thought I read a bizzare story, another one comes up.........
IMO,maybe we should send all these perverts to an island and just let them live with each other! and not with decent people!

Just when I thought I read a bizzare story, another one comes up.........
IMO,maybe we should send all these perverts to an island and just let them live with each other! and not with decent people!

I agree completely and would 100% support such action as this although it won't ever happen because then the SO's will all complain that their civil rights have been violated. Sickening!

Another serial killer.. He figured if he raped the women they would talk and get him sent to prison, so he decided to kill them so they couldn't talk. Sicko probably decided he liked killing them better anyway. He evolved into a serial killer from a rapist.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's hidden more bodies at relative's houses or in other places he may be familiar with.
His picture is out there and he's a wanted man now, very likely he may turn spree. He certainly is extremely dangerous at this point.
He seemed to result to killing the women so they couldn't talk after raping them. I guess he didn't like his 15 year prison term.
I wonder what his endgame strategy will be? Suicide by cop...?

CNN has a different version on the location of the bodies:

What they did find were the badly decomposed remains of two bodies on the third floor of the house, which is owned by an elderly relative of Sowell who did not live there, Stacho said.

A subsequent search on Thursday revealed what appeared to be a freshly dug grave under the stairs in the basement, he said.

On Friday, investigators returned to the house, dug up the grave and found a third body, he said.

A further search of the house and property found two more bodies in a crawl space and a sixth body was found in a shallow grave outside the home, Stacho said
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/30/ohio.cleveland.bodies/

There are a lot of abandoned homes on the city's east side. The are searching abandoned homes for him. I wonder if they will find anything else. There was a womans body found in an abandoned home just recently......

I wonder how long he has been doing this and how many victims. sick, sick, sick.

Why are they calling him a serial rapist when he's murdered so many people? I would think serial killer. Do they mean that he's a serial rapist who kills only if he 'has' to? That the thrill/compulsion for him is the rape rather than the murder?

This is just horrific. I can't believe they ever let this guy out, and that after letting him out, they weren't tracking him enough to know he's done *all this*!!!

Women everywhere (I'm gonna assume for now his victims are all women) should be outraged! I know I am!!

Is there a picture of him that can be posted in this thread for people to be on the lookout for him? TIA

How many known bodies/ victims found in the house now? The last I heard the number was at six.
That sounds like a serial killer to me.

They're going to have a news conference at 11:45a.m.

From the above link:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_stationed_outside_house.html

Posted by RollinHearse
October 31, 2009, 9:47AM
Hey guys. I was one of the HRT's (Human Remains Technicians) that first arrived on the scene AND has been there over the last few days. To be completely honest the whole neighborhood stunk, but not until you got within 4 or 5 houses you could smell the decomp. What i don't understand is the bodies were so badly decomped we could not even tell male or female, which means they were sitting for atleast a month and a half. Sheriffs department was at his house on 9/22/2009. Which means they are either completely stupid or just stupid for not being able to smell the decomp of a 2 week old body. The whole neighborhood would have smelled it. And BTW ,None of these are the girls from the west side that were taken in 03-04 and 05-06.....

They're going to have a news conference at 11:45a.m.

From the above link:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_stationed_outside_house.html

Posted by RollinHearse
October 31, 2009, 9:47AM
Hey guys. I was one of the HRT's (Human Remains Technicians) that first arrived on the scene AND has been there over the last few days. To be completely honest the whole neighborhood stunk, but not until you got within 4 or 5 houses you could smell the decomp. What i don't understand is the bodies were so badly decomped we could not even tell male or female, which means they were sitting for atleast a month and a half. Sheriffs department was at his house on 9/22/2009. Which means they are either completely stupid or just stupid for not being able to smell the decomp of a 2 week old body. The whole neighborhood would have smelled it. And BTW ,None of these are the girls from the west side that were taken in 03-04 and 05-06.....

Hi RollinHearse - any idea why they aren't calling this guy a 'serial killer'? Hard to believe anybody could live around the kind of stench these bodies would give off..didn't the neighbors complain to anybody???? TIA

This may be the highest body count in Cleveland since the notorious "Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run"/Torso Murders case in the 1930s, which was never solved. In that case there were 12 victims.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsbury_run_murders[/ame]

This may be the highest body count in Cleveland since the notorious "Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run"/Torso Murders case in the 1930s, which was never solved. In that case there were 12 victims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsbury_run_murders

This is exactly what I was thinking about this morning. I was just at the Cleveland Police Museum earlier this month. They had a display about this case.

I don't ever recall anything else with such a high body count in Cleveland.

This is exactly what I was thinking about this morning. I was just at the Cleveland Police Museum earlier this month. They had a display about this case.

I don't ever recall anything else with such a high body count in Cleveland.

That one gets my vote for creepiest unsolved serial killer case ever. I remember first reading about it when I was a kid. Scary.

http://www.cleveland.com/death

The people commenting on this article are calling him "Tony" are saying he has been raping since 8th grade......also calling him the Lee Rd rapist. Mother and sister always protecting him.

IMO

http://www.cleveland.com/death

The people commenting on this article are calling him "Tony" are saying he has been raping since 8th grade......also calling him the Lee Rd rapist. Mother and sister always protecting him.

IMO

Yep. The blog posts have the ring of authenticity because of that factor. Same name here---in eighth grade I was Tony, I grew up and became Anthony.

http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122520&article=6242446

(snip)
According to Cleveland Police, sex crimes detectives went to Sowell’s home Thursday evening with a search warrant looking for evidence in that attack. Upon searching the home, detectives found two bodies in an advanced state of decomposition on the third floor of the home and what appears to be a freshly dug grave in the basement.

Ken Robinson talked with neighbors of Sowell, one of whom says she gave him a ride home Thursday night, and during that ride, he confessed to her that he killed the two people whose bodies were found in the home. Before they got to his house, Sowell bailed out of the car and hasn't been seen since.

I found an article where this "neighbor" mentioned above now has a different story about driving him around. I wonder if her story changed or if the press got it wrong. This whole story of hers has me scratching my head- why would she go look for him and then drive him around? I just don't get it!

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_find_third_body_still_s.html

From the link:

Neighbor Debbie Madison saw commotion at Sowell's house Thursday. She heard talk of dead bodies inside and feared Sowell might be dead, so she went to Sowell's sister's home on East 130th Street. Sowell was resting on a couch inside.

He asked for a ride home. Sowell started talking as they approached the house, Madison said.

"He said it was true," Madison said. "That's when I became scared.

"He told me, 'It's all gonna come out.' He said, 'That girl made me do it,' " Madison said.

Instead of continuing to his home, Sowell asked Madison to drive him back to his sister's. She did.

So which is correct-did he hop out of the car or did she drop him off at his sister's? Did she go to the police or straight to the media? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back