GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

Happy Birthday in Heaven Brendan! I wish your family would have received justice for you yesterday.

I think some jurors are just not willing to make that guilty decision these days, and I don't understand why.

Yes I would like to know the split also, if they release it.

Not seeing the quote I want about so many mistrials; it must be on another page; I'm on my cell. Bill Cosby's trial was just declared one too.

Mistrial declared in Bill Cosby's criminal trial as jury deadlocks
By Eric Levenson and Lawrence Crook III, CNN

Updated 10:56 AM ET, Sat June 17, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/17/us/bill-cosby-verdict-watch/index.html

This thread should have been moved to the Trial section and labeled Mistrial. jmo

Jury selection starts September 11, 2017.

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2017/07/dad_accused_of_killing_toddler_to_be_retried_in_se.html#incart_river_home

BY REBECCA EVERETT
reverett@njadvancemedia.com,
For NJ.com

CAMDEN -- The Haddon Township man accused of killing his 3-year-old son to save his crumbling relationship with a teenager will get another trial in September.
Prosecutors vowed to retry David "DJ" Creato Jr. after his first trial ended in a mistrial May 31 when the jury deadlocked.
The trial will begin with pretrial motions and jury selection on Sept. 11, Judge John T. Kelley said Wednesday in Superior Court in Camden County.
Creato, who turned 24 June 29, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and child endangerment.
He called 911 on the morning of Oct. 13, 2015, saying he woke to find that his son, Brendan, was not in his apartment. The boy's body was found three hours later on the edge of a creek in Cooper River Park, about three-quarters of a mile from Creato's apartment.
Creato was arrested Jan. 11, 2016 and has been in jail ever since. His attorney, Richard J. Fuschino Jr., said he would argue for Creato's bail to be reduced in light of the mistrial, but he did not make any motion to that end Wednesday.
The assistant prosecutors in the case, Christine Shah and Kevin Moran, told jurors during the trial that Creato killed his son and placed his body in the stream, hoping he would be found.
They do not have direct evidence that he ever left his apartment that night, and no conclusive answer to the question of how the boy died.
Witnesses in the trial testified that they never saw Creato abuse or mistreat his son, but Shah told jurors that he snapped and killed his son because he was panicking about his relationship with Julia "Julie" Stensky, who was then 17.
Brendan was one of the problems in their relationship, with Stensky repeatedly telling Creato she didn't want to be "tied down" because he was a father. Jurors heard this from Stensky herself, from Creato in a recorded police interview, and in thousands of text messages the pair exchanged in the four months leading up to Brendan's death.

12 odd moments in Creato trial
Jurors have heard and seen some unusual things in the 10 days of testimony.

Creato was also jealous of Stensky talking to other men and told her he was afraid she would leave him. On the night before Brendan was found, Creato repeatedly called and texted Stensky and logged into her social media profiles to read messages she had exchanged with a male classmate, jurors heard in the first trial.
Three medical examiners who examined Brendan's body were unable to come up with a specific cause of death. They listed the cause as"homicidal violence of unknown etiology" and said smothering and drowning were possible scenarios.
During deliberations in the first trial, jurors repeatedly reviewed a video of Creato speaking to police, including the moment police tell him his son was found dead. Creato said "no" repeatedly, sobbed and asked what happened, but then went into another description of the events of the night before, right down to the books he read Brendan before bed.
Shah told jurors that Creato's behavior is odd and shows that he was faking surprise at the news.
Jurors interviewed by Philly.com said the jury was split 10-2 in favor of convicting, but two holdouts were not convinced there was enough evidence to convict. The foreperson, who was against convicting, told PhillyVoice that jurors screamed at her and told the judge that the two holdouts had "no validity."
Rebecca Everett may be reached at reverett@njadvancemedia.com. Follow her on Twitter @rebeccajeverett. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/23/david-creato-jr-trial/amp/

CAMDEN COUNTY, N.J. (CBS)— *advertiser censored*Camden County father accused of killing his 3-year-old son has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

David Creato Jr. pleaded guilty to a single charge of manslaughter Wednesday morning.

Creato is accused of killing his 3-year-old son Brendan back in 2015.

In May, a jury was unable to reach a verdict in the murder trial, ending in a mistrial.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/23/david-creato-jr-trial/amp/

CAMDEN COUNTY, N.J. (CBS)— *advertiser censored*Camden County father accused of killing his 3-year-old son has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

David Creato Jr. pleaded guilty to a single charge of manslaughter Wednesday morning.

Creato is accused of killing his 3-year-old son Brendan back in 2015.

In May, a jury was unable to reach a verdict in the murder trial, ending in a mistrial.

Thanks rosie for the update!

I just can't believe they offered him a manslaughter deal. Brendan deserved a more just verdict than that. DC planned his murder with forethought and could have backed out if not for his selfishness. 10 yrs is just not enough time for murdering your own child. imo jmo

dj deserves much more time...people get more time for way lesser crimes! hopefully Brendan's family can start to heal...rest peacefully little one...

dj deserves much more time...people get more time for way lesser crimes! hopefully Brendan's family can start to heal...rest peacefully little one...
I've been away from this one for a few days, so I'm behind -- but I do agree that ten years is a drop in the bucket for this senseless and selfless crime that robs so many of lots of days of joy and love - espescially little Brendan.

Has Brendan's family filed a Wrongful Death suit yet? That would hurt daddi-o for the rest of his life.

actually it was reported that with this sentence he will be out in 8 years...this is one crazy country where you can kill your child..have the taxpayers support you for 8-10 years and come out and do more. The trial was 10-2 split in favor of guilty so he got a very good deal.

I'm in total shock. I wish I was a fly on the wall so I knew why he only got the time he got. I just hope there are people in prison that do not like parents killing their own children; they deprive him of oxygen. My heart really breaks for Brendan, Samantha and her family. 8 to 10 years would seem like a huge slap in my face if I was Brendan's mother. DJ admitting it had to be a shock for his parents

Man I'm just glad he finally admitted it.

I hope that a full confession of his deeds was part of his plea bargain. The family deserves to know what exactly happened. And also I hope it will also serve to banish him from any of their comfort and visits during those years in prison. He deserves to be abandoned by all who loved him, just as he abandoned his only child. He's one bad ***ker.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oh my god. I'm in complete shock. I just found out about this today out of nowhere right before going to bed a few a minutes ago. I just can't believe it. The prosecutors seemed set on taking it to trial. Do you think they turned this route because their tactics had been exposed. This is such a loss. Those two airhead jurors that hung the jury should be ashamed of themselves. I just can't believe it. This is so sad. My heart is aching for Brendan.

I'd be okay with him just getting 10 years if his witch of a girlfriend got 10 as well. :jail: :jail:

Im still not convinced his dad actually killed him. I know. I don't know what happened.
I do think the crown offered a deal because they knew they could get another hung jury.
Either way I hope the family can start healing.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Im still not convinced his dad actually killed him. I know. I don't know what happened.
I do think the crown offered a deal because they knew they could get another hung jury.
Either way I hope the family can start healing.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

This is my thinking as well...though I think they may have bluffed a bit ie "if you don't take this deal, we're going to put you away forever". Does anyone know if this was actually an alford plea? At the same time, if he really was only half the plot (and I believe he was) this may be the fairest we can get. I agree with katydid that Julia should not be a free bird.

This is my thinking as well...though I think they may have bluffed a bit ie "if you don't take this deal, we're going to put you away forever". Does anyone know if this was actually an alford plea? At the same time, if he really was only half the plot (and I believe he was) this may be the fairest we can get. I agree with katydid that Julia should not be a free bird.

Agree, she should be serving some time too. Had it not been for her mouth, Brendon would be here

Still pretty sick over this. The prosecutor seemed so passionate about this case. I remember her saying at his arraignment: "As it should be – life in prison." So I'm not sure why she went with this plea deal. It's very disappointing because I really thought she did an outstanding job in this case. DJ is practically getting away with murder.

It makes it easier if his actions after the killing showed some semblance of remorse but still snooping in Julie's accounts, showing a love for freedom, buying a hamster and tampering with his door – this guy is still glad his son is gone and could care less about all the hurt he's caused. Very selfish person.

Hopefully the sentencing is live.

This monster got away with murder.That poor baby got no justice.

Father pleads guilty to killing 3-year-old son because his girlfriend didn’t want to be around kids

David Creato Jr.’s plea came just weeks before he was due to stand trial again on murder charges. He admitted in court that he “recklessly caused his son’s death under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life by depriving Brendan of oxygen.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/27/father...-his-girlfriend-didnt-want-to-be-around-kids/

DJ admitted he is the one that murdered little Brendan by suffocating him. Sick SOB! jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back