GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

Father pleads guilty to killing 3-year-old son because his girlfriend didn’t want to be around kids

David Creato Jr.’s plea came just weeks before he was due to stand trial again on murder charges. He admitted in court that he “recklessly caused his son’s death under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life by depriving Brendan of oxygen.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/27/father...-his-girlfriend-didnt-want-to-be-around-kids/

DJ admitted he is the one that murdered little Brendan by suffocating him. Sick SOB! jmo

Thanks for the link. I wonder if the public can go to his sentencing to voice outrage? Does anyone think an online petition will help or is this as good as done because he made a deal?

Camden County prosecutors will recommend he receive a 10-year prison term when he’s sentenced Sept. 29.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if the public can go to his sentencing to voice outrage? Does anyone think an online petition will help or is this as good as done because he made a deal?

Roselvr, I wish people would hound the prosecutors office until they were sick of hearing from us that 10 years is not enough time to serve for murdering Brendan. On-line petition sounds like a good idea. imo

Roselvr, I wish people would hound the prosecutors office until they were sick of hearing from us that 10 years is not enough time to serve for murdering Brendan. On-line petition sounds like a good idea. imo

Is there anyone in Camden County that wants to set up an online petition? I'm in the next county over, have never set one up. I can try if needed if someone wants to write the facts up. I don't have time to throw something together.

Courier Post will live stream if the court grants permission. I imagine only Brendan's family and the murderer's family will be allowed to make victim impact statements.

Do you think this could work? I would happily sign the petition but I just don't think it's going to change anything. He has already testified under oath.

The question is, if he was to deny it to public or at sentencing and say he just said that to get out of it, would that cancel his plea deal?

Also, remember. He will likely only serve 7 years.

Sickening.

I watched this interview with DJ's lawyer.

He elaborated the admission to causing his death doesn't provide as much closure as some might think as he only admitted to being reckless that he caused his son's death, not that he admitted to murder.

Here's a link:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...her-Haddon-Township-New-Jersey-442068033.html

Also, the judge has discretion to add more time. Let's hope for that.

Courier-Post will be streaming the sentencing live on Facebook at 1:30pm EDT. It's going to be a heartbreaking day. I hope Sam and other family lashes out at him in victim impact statement.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...-murder-haddon-township-new-jersey/712979001/

636305303221683705-jl-creato-51617-06.JPG
Buy Photo
(Photo: Joe Lamberti/Courier-Post)

79CONNECT
TWEETLINKEDIN
COMMENTEMAILMORE

The Courier-Post will have live coverage of David "DJ" Creato Jr.'s sentencing; watch beginning at 1:30 Friday on Facebook.com/CourierPost.
CAMDEN - The tragic odyssey that began nearly two years ago with a Westmont dad reporting his 3-year-old son missing will end in a courtroom Friday as the father is sentenced in the boy's death.
David "DJ" Creato Jr. pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in his son Brendan's death on Aug. 23. Under terms of the agreement, Creato faces a 10-year prison term.
More: Timeline: The disappearance and death of Brendan Creato
More: READ THE TEXTS: Creato's spats aired in court
The guilty plea came just weeks before Creato's second murder trial was set to begin.
Superior Court Judge John T. Kelley declared a mistrial in May after jurors were unable to agree on a verdict in the circumstantial case. The medical examiner was unable to determine how Brendan was killed despite multiple autopsies.
During the trial, visitors traveled to the spot where Brendan's body was found in Cooper River Park, several blocks from his father's home. The prosecutor pointed out that the boy was found with clean socks.
Creato's obsessive jealousy over a teen girlfriend who resented his son drove him to murder, the prosecution argued throughout the trial.
The girlfriend, Julia Stensky, testified during Creato's trial and some of the 9,000-plus text messages the pair exchanged were read in court.
The Creato case generated national attention and was live streamed on court websites and inspired social-media discussion groups.

Using your post because of the link.

After the hearing, Creato's father told reporters that he believes his son is innocent and that he is reaching out to private investigators to catch the real killer.

I don't understand why DJ's dad is going to look for the real killer when DJ admitted he depraved Brendan of oxygen. Someone needs to wake this family up and look into their son's eyes and question him. They are so in denial! jmo

Using your post because of the link.

I don't understand why DJ's dad is going to look for the real killer when DJ admitted he depraved Brendan of oxygen. Someone needs to wake this family up and look into their son's eyes and question him. They are so in denial! jmo

I can't imagine what they go thru. They knew their son until the texts with the GF sent him over the edge. I hope in time they will come to terms with everything.

David Creato Sr. has passed:

'I know you are finally at peace with Brendan'

Anyone hear how DJ the piece of remorseless trash is hopefully rotting in prison? Won't be long and he will be out. I'll never forget this trial. I'll never understand the two jurors who voted not guilty.

While his sentence was 10 years for causing Brendan’s death, it is possible Creato could be out in as little as six years and 10 months due to time-served and parole. The state Department of Corrections has set a parole date of July 10, 2024.

David “DJ” Creato is serving his manslaughter prison sentence for the death of his three-year old son at the Garden State Youth Correctional Facility, an assignment that has caused a bit of a stir on social media. It’s partly about the word “youth” in the prison’s title and what that seems to imply.

Child killer DJ Creato serving prison term at youth facility

Sad that Brendan never got justice and his father is due to release soon.

How did he get such a short sentence? He killed his child just because he wanted a college girl for his lover. And he gets 6 years in prison for that? :mad:

Did anyone catch this case's recent profile on ID's Caught in the Net? It was really good and informative (besides having to watch the father's terrible acting on camera again).

Brendan's mother, Sam, as well as Brendan's grandmother were interviewed.

One of the revelations they said was that the prosecution came to them after the mistrial and asked them if they wanted to try the case again or if they should offer Creato the plea deal he ended up taking.

Sam said that the prosecution told her if there was another mistrial, they wouldn't be retrying the case for a third time.

Therefore, Sam and her mother elected for the plea deal and the retrial was canceled. It was their wish, apparently.

Sam mentioned the two jurors who didn't want to convict him. I don't get them either, honestly. I was surprised this was a mistrial.

We learned a little bit more about the evil that is Julie Stensky. The detective interviewed said that even though he wished David Creato would have gotten a life sentence for killing his son, Julie was culpable in that she pushed him over the edge. She probably lives today with not a care in the world that this little boy lost his life. However, I would not be surprised if we hear about her again. She is a total narcissistic sociopath. I think that was clear.

The prosecution believes David smothered Brendan with a pillow, which they indicated during their closing as well.

David Creato will be eligible for parole next year. He got a very, very lucky break for someone who killed their own child.

1676460680953.png

This one still chaps my hide! Ugh. I hope they both have nightmares for the rest of their lives and are never happy or successful. Same goes for those two jurors too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back