Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see the discussion back. :)

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

Anyone want to make a guess as to whether:

1. The defense (Amanda's) will appeal the one standing conviction, calunnia.

2. The prosecution will appeal

3. The outcome at the end of any appeals

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?

OMG, I forgot about all this. The drama never ends!

There is also the upcoming book "Meredith" by her father Jon which should be an interesting read, although I have no idea what angle the book will take, whether it will even address the case or what.

That should be interesting. I don't imagine you could discuss her life without talking about her death. She was only 21, wasn't she? Her life, unfortunately, is probably not of great interest without the details of her tragic murder.

If the Hellmann verdict is upheld, at least in regards to the murder, I would imagine that it would limit the amount he could talk about AK and RS. He would have to walk a tight line to avoid slandering them, assuming he still believes them guilty. UK slander laws are a lot less forgiving than US ones.

Re-reading the article from the Sun about Kokomani it never occurred to me that Kokomani actually admitted to parking his car outside the cottage the night of the murder. I think the way in which it was written threw me off and I thought it was the night before.

When you think about both Guede and Kokomani being at the cottage the night of the murder, and add in both their crazy tales it becomes apparent that they are probably covering for each other.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ut-the-fight-goes-on-for-Meredith-family.html

Now I'm convinced this was RG's accomplice. His car must be the car that the tow truck driver saw outside the house. The article says "the day before the body was found," meaning it was the last day she was alive. I knew this olive-throwing idiot was making up stories for some good reason. Let's not forget, didn't he get out of town, just like RG did, after the crime? Koko had no need to insinuate himself into this case, but he did because he knew he'd parked out there in front of that house the night of the murder.

I don't know how long his car was parked out there, though. Cause the tow truck driver saw a dark car in the driveway at what time? 1015 or 1115pm?

I'm glad to see the discussion back. :)

Next up, presumably, is the defense and or prosecution appeal motions. Due by the end of the month.

Anyone want to make a guess as to whether:

1. The defense (Amanda's) will appeal the one standing conviction, calunnia.

2. The prosecution will appeal

3. The outcome at the end of any appeals

How about the other related cases? Aren't there a pile of charges against AK, her family, the Sollecito family and various lawyers pending?

I guess I should answer my own questions!

I don't have stong opinions about this and could change my mind. However, I believe that the prosecution and AK will both appeal.

My prediction is that the murder acquittals will be upheld, and the calunnia conviction will be overturned. Not sure if it will be a "directed" not guilty verdict or if the case will be sent back for retrial.

Now I'm convinced this was RG's accomplice. His car must be the car that the tow truck driver saw outside the house. The article says "the day before the body was found," meaning it was the last day she was alive.

I find Kokomani quite suspicious. Don't know that there is any actual evidence that could be used against him though. I don't think we will ever learn the whole truth.

Oh, I always found Koko very, super suspicious. But you're right. We don't have anything solid. If he were involved, I'm wondering when his car got in the driveway. MK would have seen it when she got home if it had been there at the time of the breakin.

The following in support of a likely lone wolf attack and Guede's antecedents as very relevant, along with the copious amounts of evidence he left behind, had long been argued here, and refuted by some:

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com...the-decision/judgement-concerning-rudy-guede/

I think Hellmann's emphasis on the lone wolf theory was probably directed at the Kercher family. I personally think he wanted to get them to accept this theory; otherwise, they won't be able to rest while thinking two accomplices are roaming out there.

Oh, I always found Koko very, super suspicious. But you're right. We don't have anything solid. If he were involved, I'm wondering when his car got in the driveway. MK would have seen it when she got home if it had been there at the time of the breakin.

I don't think the presence of an unknown car would necessarily have alarmed Meredith. She was sharing the cottage (both floors) with how many others? 7? If I were in that situation, even knowing that the boys downstairs had left town that day, I might just assume it belonged to a friend of theirs.

I found this interesting summation of Judge Micheli's take on Kokomani from the Micheli report (which as far as I know has not been translated in English, so I can't verify the accuracy):

5) Micheli examines the evidence of Hekuran Kokomani and finds him far from discredited. His says the testimony is garbled, his dates and times makes no sense but.... That Hekuran Kokomani was in the vicinity of the cottage on both 31st Oct. and 1st Nov isn’t in doubt. Furthermore, Micheli says that when he gave his statement, the details which he gave of the breakdown of the car, the tow truck and the people involved weren’t known by anyone else. He must have witnessed the breakdown in Via della Pergola. The same breakdown was also seen by Allessandra Formica shortly after Rudy Guede collided with her boyfriend. This places Hekuran Kokomani outside the cottage right around the time of Meredith’s murder and he in turn places Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox and Rudy Guede together outside the cottage at the same time. His evidence also places all three outside the cottage at some time the previous night. Micheli found that all this evidence implicated Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito as accomplices of Rudy Guede in the murder of Meredith Kercher.

http://www.zimbio.com/Amanda+Knox/articles/58/Understanding+Micheli+2+Judge+Micheli+Rejected

I guess I should answer my own questions!

I don't have stong opinions about this and could change my mind. However, I believe that the prosecution and AK will both appeal.

My prediction is that the murder acquittals will be upheld, and the calunnia conviction will be overturned. Not sure if it will be a "directed" not guilty verdict or if the case will be sent back for retrial.
Did you like my answers? :( Just kidding, but you are likely correct. Mine were based on intuition, and confirmation from a sort of expert on the case. It would be nice, though, if this were finally just finished. I guess they have until Feb 1 to file in Rome...

Did you like my answers? :( Just kidding, but you are likely correct. It would be nice, though, if this were finally just finished. I guess they have until Feb 1 to file in Rome...

I did! I like all answers. :)

I find this case fascinating, so it's good to have a thread opened again. :D

Okay, I'm going to try to put together Kokomani's story best I can in chronological order to see how it fits together as a whole:

November 1, 2007 - Meredith is murdered

November 10, 2007 - Kokomani is "admitted to a hospital for drunkenness"

"Mid-November" 2007 - Hekuran Kokomani tells his friend who is also a lawyer, Antonio Aiello, that he is leaving for Albania and has some important information to tell him about the murder. Kokomani and his lawyer friend agree to talk once he comes back from Albania.

January 2008 - Kokomani returns from Albania and contacts his lawyer, tells him what he saw that night and then asks this lawyer to come with him to the police to give his statement. At the police station, in the company of his lawyer, Kokomani tells them his story about being outside the cottage either October 31st or November 1st - he wasn't sure.

May 2008 - Kokomani is asked by police to identify the two people outside the cottage he witnessed with Rudy. He says it was Amanda and Raf.

Sometime between May and September 2008 - Kokomani is arrested and incarcerated for beating his girlfriend.

September 2008 - Kokomani testifies in court to witnessing Rudy, Amanda and Raf outside the cottage, the latter two hurling olives and threatening him with a knife. He places himself at the cottage at 9:30PM. This later turns out, according to an interview with Bob Graham, to be in fact the night of the murder, and 9:30 places smack in the middle of Meredith's TOD.

Kokomani's testimony in court is so full of contradictions that he is essentially laughed out of court, causing everyone to consider him completely useless in the case. If he was indeed guilty of participating in the crime, he bought himself a ticket out of the spotlight.

February 13 2009 - Kokomani is arrested for possession of 8 grams of cocaine.

Okay, I'm going to try to put together Kokomani's story best I can in chronological order to see how it fits together as a whole:

"Mid-November" 2007 - Hekuran Kokomani tells his friend who is also a lawyer, Antonio Aiello, that he is leaving for Albania and has some important information to tell him about the murder. Kokomani and his lawyer friend agree to talk once he comes back from Albania.

January 2008 - Kokomani returns from Albania and contacts his lawyer, tells him what he saw that night and then asks this lawyer to come with him to the police to give his statement. At the police station, in the company of his lawyer, Kokomani tells them his story about being outside the cottage either October 31st or November 1st - he wasn't sure.

May 2008 - Kokomani is asked by police to identify the two people outside the cottage he witnessed with Rudy. He says it was Amanda and Raf.

Sometime between May and September 2008 - Kokomani is arrested and incarcerated for beating his girlfriend.

September 2008 - Kokomani testifies in court to witnessing Rudy, Amanda and Raf outside the cottage, the latter two hurling olives and threatening him with a knife. He places himself at the cottage at 9:30PM. This later turns out, according to an interview with Bob Graham, to be in fact the night of the murder, and 9:30 places smack in the middle of Meredith's TOD.

Kokomani's testimony in court is so full of contradictions that he is essentially laughed out of court, causing everyone to consider him completely useless in the case. If he was indeed guilty of participating in the crime, he bought himself a ticket out of the spotlight.

To me, when it is laid out like this, the highlighted part looks very suspicious. :waitasec:

What the hell is this? Rafe is engaged? Is this real?

Well....so is Amanda apparently. Is a trial marriage an engagement of sorts. I should've had one before getting married.

Miss Knox is reportedly attempting a ‘trial marriage’ with her musician boyfriend just two months after their relationship began.

knox_2089576b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-for-photograph-alongside-new-boyfriend.html

Well....so is Amanda apparently. Is a trial marriage an engagement of sorts. I should've had one before getting married.

knox_2089576b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-for-photograph-alongside-new-boyfriend.html
Yes, we all should have. :waitasec:

But I read that it was not really true, and in that photo, that is not her boyfriend (check out other pics of him)--she is posing with a fan. The Telegraph screwed it up. :furious:

See the boyfriend:

article-2061779-0ECC1D5B00000578-332_468x710.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ames-Terrano-shop-veg-Seattles-Chinatown.html

To me, when it is laid out like this, the highlighted part looks very suspicious. :waitasec:

I agree. "I am a witness to a murder and I'll tell you all about it in a couple of months after my trip. And then maybe I'll call the police."

???!!!

I agree. "I am a witness to a murder and I'll tell you all about it in a couple of months after my trip. And then maybe I'll call the police."

???!!!

Well, to be fair, he didn't claim to witness a murder. But he felt what he witnessed occurring outside the cottage to be relevant enough to go to the police. What's odd is that his story is complete nonsense- except that his mention of the tow truck is something he could only have known by being there the night of the murder. So since we know Amanda and Raf weren't really hurling olives at him, what did he actually see that caused him to go to the police?

The things I find relevant about him are the fact he decided to go to the police with a lawyer to tell them he was at the scene of the crime but paints a story where he and Guede are guilty of nothing. Also, the fact that he beat a woman so bad he was serving jail time for it.

Well, to be fair, he didn't claim to witness a murder. But he felt what he witnessed occurring outside the cottage to be relevant enough to go to the police. What's odd is that his story is complete nonsense- except that his mention of the tow truck is something he could only have known by being there the night of the murder. So since we know Amanda and Raf weren't really hurling olives at him, what did he actually see that caused him to go to the police?

The things I find relevant about him are the fact he decided to go to the police with a lawyer to tell them he was at the scene of the crime but paints a story where he and Guede are guilty of nothing. Also, the fact that he beat a woman so bad he was serving jail time for it.

You are right, Malkmus, I worded that badly. I should have written "He was a witness to events possibly connected to a murder."

I don't think the presence of an unknown car would necessarily have alarmed Meredith. She was sharing the cottage (both floors) with how many others? 7? If I were in that situation, even knowing that the boys downstairs had left town that day, I might just assume it belonged to a friend of theirs.

I found this interesting summation of Judge Micheli's take on Kokomani from the Micheli report (which as far as I know has not been translated in English, so I can't verify the accuracy):

http://www.zimbio.com/Amanda+Knox/articles/58/Understanding+Micheli+2+Judge+Micheli+Rejected

Yes, but later, the woman and her friend on the street said it was not RG who bumped into them. THough, she could be mistaken and it was him, I wonder if she saw Kokomani? Maybe not. The tow probably lasted 20 minutes. I'm guessing. It's possible she wasn't on the street at the exact time kokomani was on it or looking at it.

Well, you don't tell your lawyer you have important information to discuss about a murder---when you get back in town. What kind of crap is that? There's no statute of limitations, but come one man.

Anyways, if you know you have this "important info," how are you going to forget what day you witnessed it?

The most important thing is the 930pm time. MK was definitely killed at this time. how do Kokomani and RG both pull this time out of a hat? Still...I need to know how he saw the tow truck and how the world long he or RG were in that house together. This makes me wonder about the suspicious stuff they saw in the boys' flat, because if RG and Koko worked together, and Koko's car was out the house, and koko saw the tow truck, oh, and RG also addmitted to seeing it, then they had to be there at the house for hours. Or they fled on foot and returned for some reason.

I say that because doesn't the tow truck man have written records that he was there at 1115pm? My old laptap is fried, so I can't readily look up this info. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater