Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dirt in this area is very hard and clay like. I couldn't see anyone digging a shallow grave without tools. Maybe if this happened after our rain, but we had been very dry for a few months.

This is what I was wondering. Unless the killer had some tools, its unlikely he buried the body IN the ground. Perhaps under some sort of debris, ie leaves, mulch. Then is debris was washed away when the rains came.

I think it's easy to look back in hindsight, should have done this, or that. During and after the event, the driver was no doubt in a panic, couldn't think straight, maybe scared to death someone would see him if he got Blaze back into the car, even at 4 am. So he "buried" him in the far corner of the park.

If he had taken him far into the back country, Blaze's body might not have been found. At least there would have been no body, DNA, COD etc........doubt.

I wonder if he had thought he would put the body into that bin and move him, that night when he returned at 4am, but underestimated how hard it is to move a body and decided to just leave him there.

Same radio station (kfi) said they were waiting on rushed DNA to confirm. More details should come out this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This recent discussion of SnapChat got me thinking about what we really "know" or don't know about the facts of this case, so I went back to read some of the initial media stories.

This is from the patch.com story on Jan. 5th:

"Annee Della Donna, an attorney and friend of the family, discussed the timeline since Blaze's mysterious disappearance."At 9:30 p.m., he sent a text message with his family's Lake Forest address for a high school buddy to pick him up and take him to the park to meet the third person," she said. "The park is five minutes away and they got there about 10:30 p.m. Bernstein went off alone into the park while his friend waited back in the car."

Two things about this:

1) Here (and in other stories I read) they say the evidence of contact between Blaze and the driver is via 'text message'. Text (SMS) messages are different than SnapChat and don't disappear until manually deleted. I'm curious if they were using the term 'text message' generically and it could have been SnapChat or if it really was an SMS message, which is a very basic form of phone communication and NOT Internet/app based.

2) This article doesn't state where the attorney got this info - from the message itself or from the driver's story. If they actually read the message then it casts many theories about why Blaze left the house aside, does it not?

There are several other things in the quote above which I think are unverifiable and certainly just the attorney and reporter articulating the driver's story. At that point they possibly had no reason to doubt him, but if he's a potential suspect and given the affidavit, etc., we need to take a closer look at all of the the early reporting and discern what things the family were repeating that were part of the driver's story versus those that are verifiable facts.

I'm also unclear about how we know in general what was on SnapChat vs. SMS - most of the reporting simply says 'text message'

That is very interesting and I hadn't caught it before, but the attorney's statement seems to imply that Blaze's text to the driver indicated they were going to the park to meet another person. Blaze's words, not drivers. Interesting.

For those not local, you can tune in to KFI on Iheartradio either via the web or the app.

e874dd88aa484f218ff7b346d444b23e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same radio station (kfi) said they were waiting on rushed DNA to confirm. More details should come out this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is it too soon to start checking for names in booking? :scared:

@MSPHILOSOPHER =
Interestingly enough, there's been research done that states from age 16-19 you're most likely to get killed..homicide wise (I believe statistically speaking)

@GITANA1
&
@STLRFNINCA
OT = [emoji1376][emoji16]...I'm so over the "Media" overall and the massive amount of 'Click Bait', even leading food websites have fallen so low as to using such loathsome tactics..EX: Last night, I visited chowhound (well known foodie site, least it was a few yrs ago), and I clicked an "article", titled, "Why you should keep Burbon in your Kitchen", (was[emoji102]4 a Bourbon ball recipe for ❤️day)..and the 'article' was literally ONE SENTENCE!! and something🤡like: Close, but not verbatim =
'Because, it goes well with sauces, marinades, and pies'..I was like Really?!, you gotta be kidding me!..[emoji849][emoji36]

I said this prev I have had a classmate (2 actually) murdered when I was in HS, so I understand the Criminology Student's desire for 'answers', but that's no way to go about it, it endangers the investigation (not to mention your own lives, imagine poking around an actual SK's property!, insane!!!)...can on occasion be illegal (to perform P.I. activities is in my state w/on a License, and to use some sites to research data on an individual then utilize that provided info to basically hunt them down/stalk them w/o a being law enforcement, etc., can be against the law..(I didn't state this properly but the disclaimers and/or the Terms of Service at those type of sites typically list out such info..least for the search services I've used in the past like Intellius..

@PRAIRIEWIND =
& OTHERS RE: SEARCH INITIALLY MISSING THE BODY...
I was following/researching/watching a documentary or Episode on the case not long ago, about an East Coast guy (caucasian, dark brw/blk hair, medium to large build), who left home & went to the Superstition/Supersticious Mt.'s out West in search (literally) of treasure (the lost dutchman mine or something) and he went missing...He remained missing for 3 YRS...He was well equipped & the Ranger said the guy had the best equipped & stocked camp of anyone he'd come across...They used cadaver dogs, horseback, ppl walking, and even helicopters to look for him/his body, when they FINALLY, found him, he was just over 1/2 mile from his camp!!...[emoji33]..There was a long-time, experiences (who the rangers call), Search and Rescue or Recovery (SARS) Member, and in response to the 'how could he have been missed' question, he stated that statistically (like factually, and in his years and years of expertise), that most people missing in camp/outdoors type situations, are found within 1/2 mile of their camp, vehicle, whatever...Which is shocking, but true...McStay Family (little over 1/2 mile from where their truck was)...

DON'T TOUCH ME:
I admit, I'm a germaphobe but, you can't be paranoid if someone is actually after you!, and as I have an autoimmue issue, my not ever touching doorknobs, public pens, elevator buttons, etc., with my bare hands..*shrugs*..🤷🏻*♀️...I would have look just as suspicious as the Driver did...STILL, I doubt the Driver had the same reasons as myself for policing his contact with public surfaces where he could leave prints.. and even if it looked suspicious to LE, if fear of a Flu or Germs or OCD were the reason, then it would have been very simple to explain such to LE (and/or his Atty, to properly explain to LE and alleviate LE's suspicions)

@ANDALSO =
Depends upon what the make up of each was, they could do a comparison, comparing particles, possible debris from leaves, any existing microbes, and minerals, etc.. and be able to tell if from the same source locations...YES...our local college does (I think it's called), a phosphate? Test..for gardeners and lamdscapers..even if incorrectly termed, there is a test they can run that shows the make up of 'soil', percentage clay, and iron, and etc..basically, a mineral breakdown (plus, they could also do a test of which/what nematodes inhabited each soil location..

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Perp Walk....
https://twitter.com/abc7greg/status/951931466224582656

#BREAKING[FONT="]: [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/OCSD"]@OCSD[/URL][FONT="] investigators arrive with suspect in [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlazeBernstein?src=hash"]#BlazeBernstein[/URL][FONT="] case IN CUSTODY. [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/ABC7"]@ABC7[/URL]

If you watch with the audio up, a calling out reporter seems to confirm the ID of the POI...

Turn up the volume video, the reporter yell out "Anything to say Sam?"

Is it too soon to start checking for names in booking? :scared:

From the video it looks like the driver/HS friend.
Sorry don’t know if that’s against rules. Apologies if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member