GUILTY GA - Linda Yancey, 44, & Marcial Cax-Puluc, 23, murdered, Stone Mountain, 9 June 2008

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
It's so sad but my initial reaction after reading the article is "yeah right." So many husbands kill their wives these days and then you've got the Drew Peterson story (cop allegedly killing wife), so it makes me think that there's more to the story than this. :confused:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16551723/detail.html

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- Two bodies have been discovered at a sheriff deputy’s home on Mountain View Pass in DeKalb County.

Police said an off-duty DeKalb County sheriff's deputy was home when he said a stranger entered his home and killed his wife, forcing the officer to shoot and kill the stranger.

DeKalb County police said they are trying to determine a motive and put all the pieces together. Like them, everyone in the neighborhood wants to know what happened inside the Stone Mountain home.

This is an odd one. Hope to get more details as the evening progresses. GBI is there too. The property owners last name is Yancey.

I hope I'm wrong but my first thought was that was no stranger. Perhaps a bf and an angry husband?

I hope I'm wrong but my first thought was that was no stranger. Perhaps a bf and an angry husband?

I agree ! I think the husband ethier walked in on something or the bf stopped by for a fight !

Oh this one just does not smell good.
Id have to take the deputy's story with a huge grain of salt.

This reminds me of a show I saw not long ago, I think it was an older 20/20. A husband had set up the murder of his wife using a man who was unbalanced. He asked the man to come to his house because he needed to speak with him about something. When he walked in he killed his wife and the man. The husband then called police saying a crazy man had broken into to his house and killed his wife and he had just killed the crazy man. He almost got away with it but the police managed to figure it all out.:eek:

Isn't that we have to be so suspicious of the husbands story..???
That being said....... I agree with PP's and my hinky meter is going off...
Calidreamin - I remember that case as well.... THis sounds like it could be somehting similiar....

Linda Yancey is the woman who was killed. Police are still haven't released the name of the man who was killed. The shooter was Derrick Yancey.
Neighbors said the intruder was a day laborer. They said the deputy hired him to do some landscaping. There was no word on why the laborer would have been inside the home.
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=117033

Hmmm, starting to sound a little more plausible with that little tidbit, but it's still a long way from being clear.

The husband doesn't deserve to be immediately accused of this crime without due process of the law. I understand there are a lot of wife-killers out there but this man deserves the benefit of the doubt while the case is being investigated. He just lost his wife, quite possibly at the hands of another person. There are other plausible scenarios that could have happened.

It could be quite possible that the day laborer was attempting to rob them. The appear to have a nice home in a nice area. He entered the house, maybe thinking no one was home, saw the wife, shot and killed her and her husband, Derrick Yancey, hearing the raucous, grabs his pistol and shoots the intruder dead. He's a cop after all; he's trained to shoot to kill...

Either way, the bullet trajectories will explain it all I'm sure. I'm looking forward to more updates in this investigation.

Sounds like a movie plot...I am pretty sure I've seen it

Found this in comments on someone's blog regarding this case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/15/48hours/main536597.shtml

It seemed like an open-and-shut case. A violent intruder beats a woman to death. He’s caught in the act by the woman’s husband, who shoots the man in the head.
Yes, it is entirely possible we are jumping the gun (no pun intended) accusing this guy of lying about what really happened in his house when he shot the landscaper. Call me jaded, but how often do we hear stories like this. Off duty cop walks in on a guy who is killing his wife (a hammer was rumored to be involved) and he then shoots the guy. Entirely possible, but still sounds hinky to me.

The husband doesn't deserve to be immediately accused of this crime without due process of the law. I understand there are a lot of wife-killers out there but this man deserves the benefit of the doubt while the case is being investigated. He just lost his wife, quite possibly at the hands of another person. There are other plausible scenarios that could have happened.

It could be quite possible that the day laborer was attempting to rob them. The appear to have a nice home in a nice area. He entered the house, maybe thinking no one was home, saw the wife, shot and killed her and her husband, Derrick Yancey, hearing the raucous, grabs his pistol and shoots the intruder dead. He's a cop after all; he's trained to shoot to kill...

Either way, the bullet trajectories will explain it all I'm sure. I'm looking forward to more updates in this investigation.

I certainly agree with you. Long ago I also had a bad habit of jumping to conclusions but I have learned to try and wait for the evidence of any wrong doing by the husband. While about 33% of spousal murders are committed by the spouse that leaves a whopping 66% who do not do so. So it is logical that not ever case is done by the husband or SO.

So I am going to wait until further facts are known without just automatically leaping.

Can you please give us a little synopsis as to what this clip you're linking is to? I don't just click on links, even youtube links because I don't know what will come up...

I second that, but I should note that YouTube's policies don't allow for anything obscene. Doesn't meant stuff doesn't make it onto the site, but usually it's caught and taken down pretty quickly.

Steve

I'm assuming finding both bodies at one location isn't coincidental.

Did the deceased wife also work for the LE? Her photo looks like she is wearing the same type shirt as her husband.

The fact that one Media souce posted "They said that they are looking at a number of things, including prior domestic calls made from the deputy's home"

ETA:
Just read that she was was a sworn detention officer at the DeKalb County jail
http://tinyurl.com/3qsjy7

Did the deceased wife also work for the LE? Her photo looks like she is wearing the same type shirt as her husband.

The fact that one Media souce posted "They said that they are looking at a number of things, including prior domestic calls made from the deputy's home"

ETA:
Just read that she was was a sworn detention officer at the DeKalb County jail
http://tinyurl.com/3qsjy7

She was recently assigned as intake officer for the juvenile court. He was assigned as a driver for taking prisoners around the state from the article I am linking. They were high school sweethearts and married for 17 years. A relative said the man shot was a hispanic day laborer but no name has been attached to him as of yet.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...kalb_deputy.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back