TX - Jose Banda, 20, slain after running over 2 boys, Alvin, 7 Dec 2012

Just do not see how this jury can find guilt. So much reasonable doubt in this case. I agree with defense attorney..who would leave their kids to run home ands get a gun..no gun residue...police quickly on scene..hearing gunshots and not seeing anyone? Prosecutors must know more but cannot being it in to trial??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a very strange case. I'm just not convinced that the dad is actually the one who fired the shots. I'd be hard pressed to convict him based on this evidence (or lack thereof).

Juan Lozano @juanlozano70 · 9s

Jurors will be eating lunch in jury room and will be working through lunch. #davidbarajas trial

Juan Lozano ‏@juanlozano70 · 3m
Jury says it has a verdict in #davidbarajas trial.

Juan Lozano @juanlozano70 · 31s

Jury finds #davidbarajas not guilty of murder in death of Jose Banda.

Juan Lozano @juanlozano70 · 46s

#davidbarajas cried after not guilty verdict read. He then hugged his lawyer and his wife Cindy.

im not so sure they were "thoughtless actions" and Im not so sure the dad was the shooter. Neither was the jury. Good for them. they at least didn't rush to judgement.

ok, i thought I was following this story, if there is a thought out there that he did not have time to go get a gun, and that he did not have gun residue on his hands, who do they think shot him????

Juan Lozano @juanlozano70 · 31s

Jury finds #davidbarajas not guilty of murder in death of Jose Banda.

Thank you GEEVEE for being so diligent with this case. I'm so distracted and could only check in now and then. I'm grateful for all of your posts !

I'm pleased with this outcome. I don't get to say that too often after a case.

Thank you GEEVEE for being so diligent with this case. I'm so distracted and could only check in now and then. I'm grateful for all of your posts !

YW Schmae, I wished I'd checked twitter sooner, Juan Lozano was doing good updates on the course of the trial, much better than the print media.

ok, i thought I was following this story, if there is a thought out there that he did not have time to go get a gun, and that he did not have gun residue on his hands, who do they think shot him????

Since Mr. Banda was found on the passenger side, the defense put forth that someone else had been driving and was the shooter. They said he was also found with a 3 inch high stack of 20 dollars bills, and was unemployed, and stated it may have been a drug deal gone wrong. I can't put too much stock in that theory but the prosecution clearly didn't have the evidence to show that it was in fact Mr. Barajas who shot Mr. Banda.

I believe someone else was in the car with the man who was shot. Feel bad for his family, but far worse for the family that lost two precious children. I cannot imagine a parent leaving the side of two seriously injured children and the other parent to run home and get a gun. Did not happen! MHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's... odd. Have there been threats and things toward him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back