Vetted Leads from AASU Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud..

In my old town, we had a homeless guy named Royal.
Royal wasn't all there; apparently he did a lot of drugs & fried his brain. "Roy" (or Jesus as the kids called him) had family, I know his mom & her boyfriend, my daughter went to school with his kids. You'd see him walk the same way every few days. He stopped at his moms, then he'd walk to my side of town to see the kids.

Not sure where he cleaned up but he was VERY ratty. His long hair was always in huge knots. Royal was a skinny guy; did a lot of walking. He had full facial hair

Person #2 - this one has a "home" but lives on handouts. I'm including him because of the shack mention. He has a run-down trailer. He was married; wife was killed a few years ago. Had it not been for her & things she's done, IMO, he'd be a street person. He lives on hand outs. His life could have been different if his wife had died sooner or if he never had one, he can't manage money and is not "all there" mentally. One of the churches feeds him. Not sure how often but he used to go there & get 2 brown bags of groceries.

My neighbor used to help him; they used to do tree work, now that my neighbor is not in any shape to help him; I don't know what's come of him. Last I knew; local druggies used to go to his trailer & steal his food. While he was heavier back then, I think he had weight on him from when his wife was living. He had money when she passed; it's long gone. He blew through it in a year.

His health is the pits. Bad teeth, heart. I'm going to say he's probably a ward of the state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I've seen in my own old town; Ben does not resemble anyone using charity service. I just looked at my photo album, we have 1 photo of Ben smiling with his teeth showing. His teeth look fine. This is not the case of people I've seen. The front teeth are usually horrible.

Great leads Believe. I am curious about the comment about him being a Vietnam vet. I wish we could get a definitive answer as to whether it was possible for someone to join the military without fingerprinting. FWIW, I do not believe that BK was necessarily a homeless person. He has not been diagnosed with a mental disorder either, and that would have become obvious in the five years since he has been found. I think he was either recently homeless after a traumatic emotional event, or was attacked. I also think that there were other victims, and that is part of his emotional break, and that searching crimes events in the days/weeks leading up to his being found (across the whole country) will lead to more answers. Something traumatic happend to him. JMO.

O/T: I will say this (I have never revealed this before). Part of the reason I came to WS is to investigate someone in my family who I believe to be responsible for some heinous crimes(I have personal knowledge to some). I have not had the nerve to ask people to help me investigate this, eventually I will, it is a painful experience that I am developing a thick skin for. I do know that this person had been admitted to a mental hospital, his family later helped him escape and changed his name, and he was able to join the military. There was no background or criminal check done (perhaps because of the name change), and he was willingly admitted to the military; a place he never should have been admitted to. He was eventually dishonorably discharged. My point is that I feel that the military during the 50's and 60's was willing to take pretty much anyone who volunteered, and I would not be surprised if corners were cut to get them in....

Great leads Believe. I am curious about the comment about him being a Vietnam vet. I wish we could get a definitive answer as to whether it was possible for someone to join the military without fingerprinting. FWIW, I do not believe that BK was necessarily a homeless person. He has not been diagnosed with a mental disorder either, and that would have become obvious in the five years since he has been found. I think he was either recently homeless after a traumatic emotional event, or was attacked. I also think that there were other victims, and that is part of his emotional break, and that searching crimes events in the days/weeks leading up to his being found (across the whole country) will lead to more answers. Something traumatic happend to him. JMO.

I did extensive research on the military before coming here; will have to see if I can find my post from the forum I met Believe at.

In my heart; I don't know how he got to Georgia but I don't feel he was homeless. I feel he was traveling; and I think he had medical problems; or that someone was able to rob him of any cash he had on him. Let's face it, someone could have come up behind him and grabbed him; another grabbed his wallet and they left without having to beat him.

If he was homeless; I also feel it was recent but due to something medical and that wiped his money out.

O/T: I will say this (I have never revealed this before). Part of the reason I came to WS is to investigate someone in my family who I believe to be responsible for some heinous crimes(I have personal knowledge to some). I have not had the nerve to ask people to help me investigate this, eventually I will, it is a painful experience that I am developing a thick skin for. I do know that this person had been admitted to a mental hospital, his family later helped him escape and changed his name, and he was able to join the military. There was no background or criminal check done (perhaps because of the name change), and he was willingly admitted to the military; a place he never should have been admitted to. He was eventually dishonorably discharged. My point is that I feel that the military during the 50's and 60's was willing to take pretty much anyone who volunteered, and I would not be surprised if corners were cut to get them in....

(((HUGS)))
I'm sure that was hard to even type.

(((HUGS)))
I'm sure that was hard to even type.

I ditto this.... You know we are here for you JS, when the time comes if you should request our assistance. (((hugs)))

O/T Thanks guys, I know you are here, I see how dedicated you all are, and I am honored to be part of such a group. Now back to BK, he has more pressing needs than I!!

Wow-Walter Walsh does have similarities, but since BK's fingerprints have been run, we know he is not a SO, right? :)

I ditto this.... You know we are here for you JS, when the time comes if you should request our assistance. (((hugs)))

O/T Thanks guys, I know you are here, I see how dedicated you all are, and I am honored to be part of such a group. Now back to BK, he has more pressing needs than I!!

Wow-Walter Walsh does have similarities, but since BK's fingerprints have been run, we know he is not a SO, right? :)

Its not that simple, of course lol-we know that BK's prints are in a national database (the FBI's) BUT what we learned from the Hawthorne Nevada tip is that there are PRINT CARDS everywhere that are not in databases for a number of reasons.

If BK had prints taken under his "real id" and those prints are on a print card and unentered, then a match will not be generated. If he was printed in a jurisdiction that is or was off-line-well then no match. If he was grandfathered or if, God forbid, he offended prior to the registry in 1990, then he would not come up.

Its not that simple, of course lol-we know that BK's prints are in a national database (the FBI's) BUT what we learned from the Hawthorne Nevada tip is that there are PRINT CARDS everywhere that are not in databases for a number of reasons.

If BK had prints taken under his "real id" and those prints are on a print card and unentered, then a match will not be generated. If he was printed in a jurisdiction that is or was off-line-well then no match. If he was grandfathered or if, God forbid, he offended prior to the registry in 1990, then he would not come up.
==============================

Exactly what I found out working on a lot of different cases this last year or so.
And the same with missing persons files. Some local police departments do not have the manpower to assign a full time person to a missing person case. And it doesn't get worked on very much
and the info doesn't get distributed nationwide. And maybe there is one mention in a local newspaper.

ot:
When I checked my local sheriff's office missing persons thread,
I did not recognize anyone on the list.
None.
And the couple of people I know that have gone missing in the last few years, not on there. I did send an email to sheriff's office.

And let's not even talk about the UID's in coroner's offices everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆