Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:

Where did they get the money to finance this? When was the decision
made to do this and when and where did they build their explosive devices
using what knowledge base? Did they even own a (registered) vehicle?
Lots of very basic questions still not answered - including how did this chance
event of the MIT cop being killed happened ...

The younger brother obviously sacrificed his older brother in order to escape! Then the younger brother submits and gets out of the boat to save his own life in the end ... no escape plan for them in any of this! What kind of crazy plan was this, or was it even a real plan ?!:banghead:

What knowledge base did Timothy McVeigh use or Ted Kazinski have?

The minute I heard these were crude bombs I believed it was likely to be a lone wolf operation not specifically tied to any larger organization.

Are you aware how easy it is to find info on bomb making on the Internet?

How much money do you think it takes to make kitchen bombs and backpacks? And the knowledge base is HUGE and publicly available all over the internet.

I don't think they know yet (or at least any clues are not yet public) about the motive/intent/connection to the MIT security officer.

To me, the more we find out about #1, he comes across more and more of a complete "loser" to use his uncle's word. It's like he can't actually find a terrorist cell who wants him. And the Friday shootout - he pretty much blundered forward ineffectually (perhaps even getting pierced by blowback from his own bomb) and ends up run over by his own "cell". An ignominious death. Darwin award worthy.

eta: and further, he wants to brag about his part in the bombing, so he calls his Mom and tells her the FBI called him (because he's such a well known terrorist) and asked him if he did it and he said no?

Some reports coming now (not sure the source) that the police are indicating that the bombs were too sophisticated to be learned off the Internet; ie, they were taught. I would bet #1was going to Russia then Chechnia for training. Or was being taught by someone else right there in the Boston area.

Reuters is reporting the mother's claims now. I don't think this has been linked yet.

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/04/21/mother-of-boston-bombing-suspects-calls-case-an-fbi-set-up/

I heard this interview a day or so ago, but it's definitely worth listening to again.

I noticed how the mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, after decrying her sons' involvement in the Boston Marathon bombings & proclaiming their innocence in very fluent English, pretended suddenly to not understand English when asked questions about her sons' incriminating behavior.

When she was asked about the violent chase her sons were involved in, their use of explosives during the chase, & their use of firearms - she suddenly seemed to not understand English.

Classic liar behavior, IMO.

Some reports coming now (not sure the source) that the police are indicating that the bombs were too sophisticated to be learned off the Internet; ie, they were taught. I would bet #1was going to Russia then Chechnia for training. Or was being taught by someone else right there in the Boston area.

I am hearing that too. The expert I heard said they would have had to have been very confident in their ability not to set them off prematurely while walking through a large crowd.( they clearly didn't want to be suicide bombers). He was adamant they would have had to have training and practice.
I think we will never know all the details of this.

Well, he didn't succeed in isolating her from her family, anyway, if he tried to do that, given tha she was living with them.

I don't think he isolated her from family/friends - because everything he did was for his own glory. He didn't care what she did as long as their marriage afforded him the path to permanent residency and a free pass to stay in the US (the process is explained here - it's not automatic). She evidently moved back in with her parents a year or so ago, which would coincide with his return trip to Russia, etc. When he returned, I think he had other priorities - namely, becoming 'Important' - other than being a father/husband. And perhaps she noticed a change in him also and wasn't ready to move back in.

I really don't think he had too many beliefs - religious, political, or otherwise. I think his behavior was driven by his own psychopathological needs. All JMO.

Or when he ran towards them he believed the police would shoot him dead in a blaze of glory. He possibly didn't think they could get away after so just went for causing as much damage to the police as he could.

bbm

And they could have at any point. They showed great restraint in trying to take him alive.

From the Boston.com live blog, regarding transit cop Richard Donohoe:

Doctor: Transit Police Officer Richard H. Donohoe Jr. lost "entire circulating blood volume" en route to hospital.
by Sean Smyth, Boston.com 3:10 PM

Donohoe is on medical ventilator, according to Mount Auburn Hospital doctor. Critical condition, but stable. Able to follow commands, squeeze fingers, wiggle toes today, doctor says. Care from first responders and ER was "rapid and outstanding." Dr. David Millar says.
by Sean Smyth, Boston.com 3:07 PM

oh! That is good info.. I was under the impression that the 48 hours started upon his arrest.

The FBI called the suspect and accused him over the phone???

Unless this is something new, that does not seem to be how the FBI normally works...

MOO

Well maybe all of us at WS that are posting in this thread and scanner thread will get our calls tomorrow?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It is really ruffling my feathers as to how these parents/relatives are putting the blame back on the USA.....I'm not even goin to voice my OPINION about the opportunities given to these two TERRORISTS by the USA :furious::furious:

From the Boston.com live blog, regarding transit cop Richard Donohoe:

Doctor: Transit Police Officer Richard H. Donohoe Jr. lost "entire circulating blood volume" en route to hospital.
by Sean Smyth, Boston.com 3:10 PM

Donohoe is on medical ventilator, according to Mount Auburn Hospital doctor. Critical condition, but stable. Able to follow commands, squeeze fingers, wiggle toes today, doctor says. Care from first responders and ER was "rapid and outstanding." Dr. David Millar says.
by Sean Smyth, Boston.com 3:07 PM

More on how he got injured:

BOSTON (CBS) – Transit Officer Richard Donohue, Jr. is said to be critical but stable at Mt. Auburn Hospital.

Donohue was shot in the thigh, hitting his femoral artery, in a violent exchange between Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Thursday night.

Tamerlan was killed in the exchange, his brother was captured alive after a manhunt Friday night.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...ue-critical-but-stable-at-mt-auburn-hospital/

What knowledge base did Timothy McVeigh use or Ted Kazinski have?

The minute I heard these were crude bombs I believed it was likely to be a lone wolf operation not specifically tied to any larger organization.

Are you aware how easy it is to find info on bomb making on the Internet?

Yes, finding bombing making info is easy. Building a bomb and detonating it at the proper time is NOT easy. IMO

Ted Kaczynski is a Harvard-educated mathematician. McVeigh was military trained. He also spent months preparing in rural locations.

Yes, finding bombing making info is easy. Building a bomb and detonating it at the proper time is NOT easy. IMO

Ted Kaczynski is a Harvard-educated mathematician. McVeigh was military trained. He also spent months preparing in rural locations.

bbm

I believe if they go back and do cell phone pings (if the data is still there) then they will find that TT and DT were in the vicinity of those bombs in the area recently. I think there were some near Brown or around the Providence RI area also?

Practice. :no:

ETA - and sad to say, I believe that cell phone pings and/or other data will show TT responsible for the murder of TT's friends also, IMO. From an article in 2011:

After describing the apartment that night as a “very graphic crime scene” Leone later released a statement saying that “based on the present state of the investigation, it is believed that the victims knew the assailant or assailants, and the attacks were not random.”

http://thebrandeishoot.com/articles/11123

Can I just say I am very glad Dzhokhar Tsarnaev failed chemistry in college?
Hmm... this says he lived in the dorm not with his brother?~I didn't know that. I thought they lived together.

The Times said a school transcript showed seven failing grades over two semesters in 2012 and 2013, including Fs in Principles of Modern Chemistry, Intro American Politics, and Chemistry and the Environment. According to the transcript, Tsarnaev got a B in Critical Writing and a D and D-plus in two other courses.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...thon-bomber/8gbczia4qBiWMAP0SQhViO/story.html

Nah... Here's the denial.

The FBI is strongly refuting a report by Britain’s Channel 4 News that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was contacted by federal agents last week, days after the Marathon bombings and days before he allegedly murdered an MIT police officer and before he was killed in a gunfight with cops and his fugitive brother held Greater Boston hostage for an entire day.

“Story is false,” a spokeswoman for the agency said in an email response to a Herald inquiry

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...report_elder_tsarnaev_was_contacted_last_week

Of course it's false. It's ludicrous to think the government would call and accuse a suspect of a major act if terrorism, thereby warning him they are onto him. That would never happen.

Only one brother was in school...and yes, he had a scholarship. But most kids I knew on scholarships also worked two or three jobs just to meet their living expenses. He was also failing classes. Was the scholarship still in place? He had a car...okay, even if an older Mercedes..gas is expense in Metro Boston. Apts are expensive. Food is expensive. He had money for pot. He has the money to buy bomb materials. The kids I knew on scholarship were often lucky to have money for a coffee date after work.

The other brother had a wife and child. Was he providing no support for them? Wives and babies are expensive. . Or was he being supported by this wife? Was he Mr . Mom....chilcare is expensive. He does not seem to work. But he has money for International travel and a lengthy stay in Russia. He stayed for six months. Did relatives support him there? Who watched the baby while he left for six months?

There just is too much...ease..financially...in their lives.

It is comforting to just make this two guys who got upset and went out and bought crockpots. But this fits exactly with what Terrorist analysts have been telling us is the next step in Jihad. Finding potential Jihadists already here in America...training them...funding them as needed...and helping them bring us to our knees.

These two were awfully cool and detached...and sure of themselves handling those explosives.

Only one brother was in school...and yes, he had a scholarship. But most kids I knew on scholarships also worked two or three jobs just to meet their living expenses. He was also failing classes. Was the scholarship still in place? He had a car...okay, even if an older Mercedes..gas is expense in Metro Boston. Apts are expensive. Food is expensive. He had money for pot. He has the money to buy bomb materials. The kids I knew on scholarship were often lucky to have money for a coffee date after work.

The other brother had a wife and child. Was he providing no support for them? Wives and babies are expensive. . Or was he being supported by this wife? Was he Mr . Mom....chilcare is expensive. He does not seem to work. But he has money for International travel and a lengthy stay in Russia. He stayed for six months. Did relatives support him there? Who watched the baby while he left for six months?

There just is too much...ease..financially...in their lives.

It is comforting to just make this two guys who got upset and went out and bought crockpots. But this fits exactly with what Terrorist analysts have been telling us is the next step in Jihad. Finding potential Jihadists already here in America...training them...funding them as needed...and helping them bring us to our knees.

These two were awfully cool and detached...and sure of themselves handling those explosives.

bbm

I'm not sure that DT had a Mercedes (bbm):

....Glasby said that Tsarnaev offered to give him a lift home to Waltham, Mass., on Friday. Tsarnaev described his car as a green Honda Civic, which was the same car police initially said Tsarnaev may have been driving while at-large.

Instead, Glasby spent Friday evacuating the campus, which sits about an hour south of Boston. A screeching fire alarm woke Glasby around 10 a.m. as Blackhawk helicopters circled overhead....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/umass-dart...d-happened-day/story?id=19005157#.UXRNYTn9u9s

I am hearing that too. The expert I heard said they would have had to have been very confident in their ability not to set them off prematurely while walking through a large crowd.( they clearly didn't want to be suicide bombers). He was adamant they would have had to have training and practice.
I think we will never know all the details of this.

Excellent post!

Reuters is reporting the mother's claims now. I don't think this has been linked yet.

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/04/21/mother-of-boston-bombing-suspects-calls-case-an-fbi-set-up/

from the article:

In her interview with Russia Today, Tsarnaeva suggested FBI officers had visited her home when she still lived in the United States and told her that Tamerlan “was really an extremist leader and that they were afraid of him.”

“It is really, really a hard thing to hear. And being a mother, what I can say is that I am really sure, I am, like, 100 percent sure, that this is a set-up,” she said.

BBM

If that statement is true (cough, cough), wouldn't he be deported or taken into custody immediately? What FBI officer would tell someone that the FBI was 'afraid of him'?

If the parents were so concerned for their sons' safety, why not take their kids back to Russia with them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member