All About Chloroform#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that would mean that Casey was already home when they got the car back? And if they had no intutition that Caylee was dead why would they have moved her playhouse???? And correct me if im wrong dont people that are close to someone generally have intuitions, I mean I knew my daughter was going to be a girl before I ever knew and I can sense certain things with my husband and children I cant explain. My high school sweetheart and fiancee (same person) passed away and I knew he was dead before anyone told me. You just get those feelings and they have to know, thats why they freaked out in the beginning and let their panic show. I feel now that they have shifted to defending the the little girl who is still alive because it is obvious Casey is still their "little" girl and they must coddle her. IMO

Why are animals different??? As far as smells go?? My cat died at about 9:30 P.M. and he sat wrapped in a blanket o my chair in the basement.....Several times throughout the day, I would go down to the chair and pet him and cry. He was cold. He was stiff....Yes, he peed, but he never let out any foul smell. Are humans just different....Or was I just immune??? I have smelled death before. Believe me... You will know it. I never got that from him and it was about 24 hours that he sat in that chair before we buried him. He was wrapped in his little blanket....I was just not willing to let him go.....I carried him to the burial site and never once caught that "smell" which I know. I won't get into details, but I do know what it is.

I assume it'd take forty eight hours or longer for smells to start but again I have no clue

Why are animals different??? As far as smells go?? My cat died at about 9:30 P.M. and he sat wrapped in a blanket o my chair in the basement.....Several times throughout the day, I would go down to the chair and pet him and cry. He was cold. He was stiff....Yes, he peed, but he never let out any foul smell. Are humans just different....Or was I just immune??? I have smelled death before. Believe me... You will know it. I never got that from him and it was about 24 hours that he sat in that chair before we buried him. He was wrapped in his little blanket....I was just not willing to let him go.....I carried him to the burial site and never once caught that "smell" which I know. I won't get into details, but I do know what it is.

To answer your question yes animals are very different. Humans have a plethora of toxins under and in their skin, they have fluids and internal juices that most animals dont have or have much less of. From what I know animal death is sweet while human death is strong and vial.

So that would mean that Casey was already home when they got the car back? And if they had no intutition that Caylee was dead why would they have moved her playhouse???? And correct me if im wrong dont people that are close to someone generally have intuitions, I mean I knew my daughter was going to be a girl before I ever knew and I can sense certain things with my husband and children I cant explain. My high school sweetheart and fiancee (same person) passed away and I knew he was dead before anyone told me. You just get those feelings and they have to know, thats why they freaked out in the beginning and let their panic show. I feel now that they have shifted to defending the the little girl who is still alive because it is obvious Casey is still their "little" girl and they must coddle her. IMO

I think it depends on the person but I do agree that people DO have intuition when it comes to death....Fot example....I was on my way to FL the end of July. I hate flying BUT I was doing ok....It was raining, so we had to circle for about a half an hour before we could land....As we circled the ocean, I was thinking of my grandfather and how I couldn't wait to call him and tell him that I had "made it" and I was just looking down at the ocean crying....I couldn't figure out why until I got the call about 3 hours after we landed that he has passed. I knew. I just knew. Same thing when my step father passed. I just knew.

To answer your question yes animals are very different. Humans have a plethora of toxins under and in their skin, they have fluids and internal juices that most animals dont have or have much less of. From what I know animal death is sweet while human death is strong and vial.

Thank you. I did have to clean up a mouse once.....That was no fun! My grandpa was into the "humane" traps and I was a bit too late to let the poor guy go. By the time I got there, it was a melted mass of nothing.....No bones...Just goop. And ugh. That smell.

It is hard not to wonder if dads law enforcement background doesnt play a significant role in the complexities of this case. Either she had help or she was more observant than anyone could have guessed. I would imagine that the placement of Caylees body and the difficulty people are having finding her also stems from a knowledge of organized crime. I mean seriously wouldnt the best place to bury a body be in a cemetary, ironically its probably the last place anyone would look.

About the cemetary thing, we used to have a super-smart, hyperactive, overprotective German Shepard. We had to re-home her because we were renting and couldn't make the changes necessary to keep her in the house. We actually ended up giving her to a guy who was a night watchman for a local cemetary. He had recently lost his patrol companion and took her to work with him. I am not sure if this is standard, but I think it would be risky going to a cemetary at night to bury unless you already had prior knowledge of the security system.

I have a question about this chloroform.....As I have heard, it is a solvent, also an agent formally used to anesthetize (sp?) patients AND as a way to separate DNA in a lab setting. I'm wondering if someone that knew this used this, in the hopes of damaging any DNA that was left behind??

It's a solvent. You pick your solvents because they DON'T damage the DNA you are hoping to isolate. I can't picture someone thinking it was a good way to clean out the trunk or degrade any DNA that may be in there.

This is random, but...
I decided to check out CSI Miami last night - since I read on here somewhere that CSI was one of Casey's favorite shows and lo and behold - the crime began with chloroform being used to subdue the victim. :eek:

That doesn't mean anything, I was a little creeped out though. Anyone else see it?

(If this has already been addressed, I appologize for not seeing it and mods can delete or consolidate this thread.)

On 9/8 LP was briefly on the M&J morning show and he mentioned that before Casey's myspace page was changed she had listed that she was a fan of CSI. Then he said that there was a "CSI Miami" episode called "All In" that perhaps aired in April or May(?) that involved chloroform and someone being put in the trunk of a car. I was wondering if this had already been discussed (and if someone could then point me to the correct thread), and if anyone had seen this CSI episode and if it had any similarities to the case?
Also, LP said that Casey's "boyfriend" was not a fan of Caylee and did not want Casey bringing her around. I wasn't sure if LP was referring to Tony at the time or who since Casey seemed to be doing a lot of bed hoping, so any light shed on that theory would be appreciated.

(If this has already been addressed, I appologize for not seeing it and mods can delete or consolidate this thread.)

On 9/8 LP was briefly on the M&J morning show and he mentioned that before Casey's myspace page was changed she had listed that she was a fan of CSI. Then he said that there was a "CSI Miami" episode called "All In" that perhaps aired in April or May(?) that involved chloroform and someone being put in the trunk of a car. I was wondering if this had already been discussed (and if someone could then point me to the correct thread), and if anyone had seen this CSI episode and if it had any similarities to the case?
Also, LP said that Casey's "boyfriend" was not a fan of Caylee and did not want Casey bringing her around. I wasn't sure if LP was referring to Tony at the time or who since Casey seemed to be doing a lot of bed hoping, so any light shed on that theory would be appreciated.
Hi afj1977 this is the link for that episode, Notice the names in this episode Julia, Calleigh

http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/all_in.shtml

I'm pretty sure it was said there were flies in the trunk, that escaped when trunk was opened at the tow lot. I did a forum search and there are many references, but I don't have a link the original statement.

I don't understand how someone could clean with chloroform and not knock themselves out though..

I don't understand how someone could clean with chloroform and not knock themselves out though..

It probably would if you were in a poorly-ventilated room. I read an article about problems with chloroform in indoor-pool areas. Not enough to knock people out, but enough to detect in their systems after swimming.

Probably not release by LE, however, I wonder what context CA's computer searches took.
When conducting an online search, wouldn't most people try to limit the results by narrowing the search parameters? If so, her queries would indicate how she intended to use it, for instance, in some specific manner: sex, cleaning, incapacitating, etc.

didn't they also say there were maggots in the trunk?

who gets maggots from old pizza? they don't like pizza.

okay, i have to admit housecleaning is probably NOT my fortay! (lol) but i had 2 pieces of pizza that were in the bottom of a kitchen sized green plastic trashcan that I keep on my by patio. they were underneath the trash bag and must have been there for a month or more (fuzzy here as we order pizza out alot) anyways my point being i kept wondering why, why, why did we have all these flies. I thought i had cleaned everything well enough and finally checked in the bottom and found the pizza. Here is a description of it, it was TOTALLY black. But, there was no smell, just flies and maggots. I live in SW texas and this was recently and temps have been consistently upper 90's with very little rain. I immediately blew off CA comment about the pizza being the source of the smell since i was in the midst of this little amateur science project of my own. So, I guess they (flies) like old pizza (prolly cuz of the pepperoni?) BUT big deal here NOT SMELL.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find it on here, but if the trunk was that saturated in chloroform, wouldn't they have passed out when they opened the trunk for the first time?`

They are testing for trace amounts. Suspiciously high does not mean it was saturated, it means that the amount present is much higher than you would find in the environment. Double or triple that amount would still be a tiny fraction of a number.

If chloroform was used to clean the stain and the maggots wouldn't there be a very high concentration of chloroform in the trunk and large traces of bleach and acetone both? I wonder if the amount found was due to having been on the body and possibly saturated cloth (whatever would have been used) that was in the trunk at one time.

Here is a good question, we have gone over the smell of death, but how long would it take for the smell to stop smelling? There has to be a point where it no longer smells. They found a dead body in an old building didnt know how long it had been there, If put in a container with lid you would no longer smell it I wouldnt think.. could it be Closer to home than what anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken