NJ - Sean Goldman: Abducted and living in Brazil UPDATE: Coming Home

Wohoo ! I am so happy to hear that it [assed and that David is going to see his son as well as that he is just this much closer to bringing him home. I am just praying that the Brazilian gov doesnt find some nonexistant pysch issue ( and if David had any or all of this would have pushed him over the limit) to further derail the homecoming that is so overdue.

UPDATE: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Rough translation:

The boy Sean Goldman, 8 years old, which guard was being disputed since the beginning of this year by the biological father, will have to return to the US immediately.

The decision was just made by the judge Rafael Pereira Pinto, of the 16th Federal Jurisdiction of Rio de Janeiro.[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] In his sentence, Pereira Pinto determined the "immediate return", what means that Sean can fly to the US at any moment. Sérgio Tostes, the attorney for the Brazilian family, says that he is examining the possibility of appealing "as soon as possible"[/FONT] to prevent that the kid goes to the US.

===================================

OTOH: Attorney Tostes, (for the Brazilian family), has already filed an appeal. Please pray that the appeal will not be granted so that Sean can come home on Wednesday with his Dad.

The way I understand it, the Brazilian family has until 1400 (2pm) on Wednesday, June 3rd to have Sean at the Consulates Office in Rio. Currently, the Brazilian Federal Police have the home of the Brazilian family secured so that there is no chance for a flight risk.

David Goldman is on his way to Brazil, or will leave in the morning, to go get his son. Sean turned 9 on May 25th - he was only 4 years old at the time of his abduction. June 16th will be 5 years since Sean's abduction.

BRING SEAN HOME!!!!!!!

Awww, what sweet and wonderful news! Long time coming, God Bless this father and son always....

This is good news. I hope the move is not tramatic for Sean and he settles in quickly to live in the US. I'm sure his dad will help him with the transition :)

Salem

And I hope the stepfather doesn't appeal and drag this thing on even longer.

OMG!!!! Brazil's Progressive Party has succeeded in stopping this child from being rightfully given back to his father! :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/nyregion/03brazil.html?ref=nyregion

Quote from his dad, in the article:

Reached at a Rio hotel late Tuesday, Mr. Goldman called the Supreme Court stay “heartbreaking and disgraceful.”

Just read this news myself tonight. It's horrible. I don't know how much David can take. He flew to pick up his son and now this. I've followed this case for a long time.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/02/new.jersey.brazil.custody/index.html

I've only recently been following this case. Can someone tell my why the step-father refuses to let Sean's father have him? Is he claiming emotional attachment or what? It just seems absolutely ridiculous if you love this child that you would want to keep him from his biological father who has wanted to be a part of his life since he was born.

Is it a power thing?

Good lord what Judge would overrule the decsion to return Sean to his father.. unless its a crooked one.. i think the goal is to continue to put as many road blocks as possible until they can either prevent sean from returning or until he can make a decision himself and no longer want to be returned to his father.. Unfriggin beleiavable..
Hang in their David .. its one more set back but another step that you get closer to having Sean home where he belongs. You will prevail in the end. Keep up your faith and folks lets keep up the pressure On brazil to do the right thing anf return Sean home where he belongs.

OMG!!!! Brazil's Progressive Party has succeeded in stopping this child from being rightfully given back to his father! :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/nyregion/03brazil.html?ref=nyregion

Quote from his dad, in the article:

Reached at a Rio hotel late Tuesday, Mr. Goldman called the Supreme Court stay “heartbreaking and disgraceful.”
This is just so freaking wrong on so many levels.. How any political party can prevent the return of a kidnapped child and whose rights can supercede that of a biological parent (who is of the caliber that we could only hope all children had) is truly beyond me..
Why the H*ll isnt our government or Obama doing more to resolved this now. For cripes sake he is a father .. how wold he feel if his spouse had pulled this nightmare with his kids...enough is enough.

This is ridiculous. What is the matter with these idiots?

This is just so freaking wrong on so many levels.. How any political party can prevent the return of a kidnapped child and whos rights can supercede that of a biological parent (who is of the caliber that we could only hope all children had) is truly beyond me..
Why the H*ll isnt our government or Obama doing more to resolved this now. enough is enough.

ITA. This is absolutely disgraceful. This poor father has been through so much. If the shoe were on the other foot and a child was being kept here in the US you can believe there would be protests and outcries about how unfair this is. Something must be done now to unite Sean and his son.

Ok I have sent an email resquesting intervention again by the state department, President Obama, and the government to resolve this once and for all.. I emailed from the top down to a local level.. and In the process was allalled to see the my state doesnt have anyone on the missing child or abducted children committee. grr.

I think brazils argument that removing Sean would be illegal is assinine as he was illegally removed from his family, home and country of origin years ago.. and that if he had been returned then there would be no question of legality now

I feel for the father, but this just proves people really need to take time to get to know eachother before they marry and have children. Especially if the two people are from different cultures. People say love is blind well all the stories of children abducted to Egypt, Iran, Brazil and etc... prove that point well. I was just watching Headline News and it was said he didn't know of any problems that would have caused her to leave and never come back... I have a very good friend that just married a lady from Okinawa Japan and he is from Puerto Rico. They have a small child and are having marital problems due to the differences in culture and the language barrier. (Even if she was fluent in English that doesn't alway result in translation and comprehension on both sides.) It is sad that a small child is now stuck in the middle. Sorry I rambled but having been in Personnel in the Navy I saw this all the time. So Sad I feel for the father and I hope he gets his son back buy I REALLY hope people learn to LOOK BEFORE THEY LEAP!!!

Ok...I hope I don't get flamed but..........

Has anyone heard what the kid has to say on the subject now?

I agree the boy should have been reunited with his father immediately after his mother died. BUT, he wasn't. That was 5 LONG years ago.

Perhaps.... the child is securely bonded to his step father and half-sibling and doesn't want to be returned to the USA. If that's the case, I would hope the father would love him enough to leave him there and work toward some sort of visitation. I would think that would be in the boy's best interest.

I have only heard one side of the story....the biological fathers.

Either way it's going to be traumatic for the little boy. He's already lost his dad once and his mother is now gone forever. If he stays in Brazil he loses his chance to be reunited with his father and even if he doesn't now he is going to wonder about him one day. If he returns to USA he loses the stepfather who is currently the only parental figure he's known for the last 5 years and probably loses contact with his siblings as well, and goes to his father who, after five years, is a practical stranger to him. And who knows what his mother has told him about his father and why he is not allowed to meet him.

Ok...I hope I don't get flamed but..........

Has anyone heard what the kid has to say on the subject now?

I agree the boy should have been reunited with his father immediately after his mother died. BUT, he wasn't. That was 5 LONG years ago.

Perhaps.... the child is securely bonded to his step father and half-sibling and doesn't want to be returned to the USA. If that's the case, I would hope the father would love him enough to leave him there and work toward some sort of visitation. I would think that would be in the boy's best interest.

I have only heard one side of the story....the biological fathers.

The boy's mother didn't die until August 2008. She had been married to the Brazilian attorney only about a year when she died, so there has been no long-term bonding with the stepfather.

Personally, I suspect that the grandparents are behind the efforts to keep the boy in Brazil. After all, they aided the mother in abducting the child five years ago.

I don't think that short term stepparents and kidnappers should be given the same weight as a biological parent in custody disputes. Brazilian law is on Goldman's side; unfortunately, Brazilian politics isn't.

How long had he known the stepfather before his mother and the man were married?

I haven't seen anything related to when their relationship started, but it doesn't matter. On what planet does the mother's "boyfriend" get custody rights?

I haven't seen anything related to when their relationship started, but it doesn't matter. On what planet does the mother's "boyfriend" get custody rights?

If the boy was being raised by this man for the last 5 years, he is the boy's psychological father IMO

The boy's best interest needs to be put first.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back