UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look like the sexual abuse statement is part of a quoted statute regarding that and child abuse...I don't necessisarly read it that they sexuall y abused the boy....

further snip from SS charging document:

BetweenApril 29,2010andMay 8,2010in DavisCounty,thedefendant,asa
party, engagedin multiple actsinflicting seriousinjuries upon a four-rear-old male victim. The
severe abuse resulted in the child's death. The criminal acts included beatings, burning,
drugging,isolating,malnourishing,leavingthe child aloneandunattendedwhile suffering,and
refusingto seekvital life-sustainingmedicalattention.
2. After causingthe child's death,the defendant,as a party, desecratedand buried the child's body,
The defendant and a co-defendant then falsely reported to the police that the child had wandered away from their apartment.

The homicide was commited to avoid arrest. I had a bad feeling about that one.

Sloops charged with aggravated murder in Ethan Stacy's death
Charges filed »

Prosecutor has not yet decided on whether to seek death penalty.​

In Utah, aggravated murder charges can carry three penalties: death, life in prison without parole, or 25 years to life in prison with the option of parole.

Joe Stacy, Ethan's father, is supportive of seeking the death penalty in the case, he said Friday.​

Homicide commited with a lethal amount of drugs, illegal or not? Trying to figure out if the crime or the statue is being stated here.

Look like the sexual abuse statement is part of a quoted statute regarding that and child abuse...I don't necessisarly read it that they sexuall y abused the boy....

I agree. I think that if he was sexually abused there would have been a specific charge for it.

Now I am really curious what that prescription was.

Oh my god.

(b) the homicide was committed incident to one act, scheme course of conduct or criminal
episode during which the actor committed the crime of abuse or desecration of a dead human
body as defined in Subsection76-9-704(2)(e);

Do yall know what Utah section 76-9-704 2(e) is???

76-9-704. Abuse or desecration of a dead human body -- Penalties.
(2) A person is guilty of abuse or desecration of a dead human body if the person intentionally and unlawfully:
(e) (i) commits or attempts to commit upon any dead human body any act of sexual penetration, regardless of the sex of the actor and of the dead human body; and
(ii) as used in Subsection (2)(e)(i), "sexual penetration" means penetration, however slight, of the genital or anal opening by any object, substance, instrument, or device, including a part of the human body, or penetration involving the genitals of the actor and the mouth of the dead human body.

I am going to be sick.

Not much comfort but they did wait until after ...........dear Lord I can't even type it.

I'm so sorry Ethan.

he Sloops are scheduled to appear in court in Farmington Friday afternoon to hear the charges against them.

It took nearly 2 weeks for prosecutors to get the returns they were seeking from the medical examiner, after Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said May 14 he would "file the most serious charges and seek the maximum penalties."

Prosecutors are looking into the possibility of asking for the death penalty for Ethan Stacy's death under Shelby's Law. Passed in 2007, it makes child abuse deaths involving reckless indifference a capital offense.

However, the county attorney's office did not on Friday announce whether it will seek the death penalty in the case against either of the Sloops and said it will take up to 60 days allowed by law to decide.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10951084

I have been wondering the same thing. My bet something to calm them down and to be able to sleep.

Or it may have been the lethal amount of drug used to kill Ethan.

Or it may have been the lethal amount of drug used to kill Ethan.
like benedryl or another substance that can cause sedation that is OTC. a drug is a drug.. beit legal or illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea